Oppo Camp Oliver Henry (Traded to Geelong 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we just have to be patient. He doesn't look lie he'll be AFL relevant until his body matures. Should play VFL for the rest of the year - probably most of next year too.
The biggest thing you look for is ability to get to contest's he's doing that he will definitely make it

The biggest thing you look for is ability to get to contest's he's doing that he will definitely make it
Can't agree there. Getting to a contest is the easiest part of footy. You just have to run. Impacting the contest is where you show your worth. Of all our debutants this year, he is the biggest disappointment for me. Not writing him off but he is a mile off it. Give him the rest of the year to develop in the VFL.

My worry is that he doesn’t appear to have any real elite physical attributes.

For a bloke built like a whippet you’d hope he has a bit of a turn of speed or agility. Unfortunately I’m not seeing it.

Guess you did not watch him in the VFL vs Suns

Needs time and development, and we have plenty of the former this year, as we're not going anywhere.

Too soon to write him off.
I haven't written him off but I am struggling to think of a poorer first four games from a Collingwood player. He has fumbled and fallen over repeatedly and hardly won a contest be it in the air or on the ground. It's almost more concerning due to the fact that he stands out in the VFL and his hands are so good. He clearly has mental issues at the top level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't agree there. Getting to a contest is the easiest part of footy. You just have to run. Impacting the contest is where you show your worth. Of all our debutants this year, he is the biggest disappointment for me. Not writing him off but he is a mile off it. Give him the rest of the year to develop in the VFL.

Tell that to Brayden Sier

It’s a development year, any decisions regarding him should be about what’s best for his development. I’d give him another couple of games and then send him back.

Just needs to settle and relax, is making errors that he normally wouldn't. Will be fine
How many games does he needs before he relaxes? He is literally invisible when playing at the senior level other than when he drops sitters or gets outbodied like his isn't there. As a comparison, you couldn't say Wilson had a good game but I saw him constantly in the action being tackled or bumped and he looked like someone who could be okay if given a little time and space. His teammates blew a few chances to get his confidence up. Henry actually got a couple of decent passes and muffed them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back