Oppo Camp Oliver Henry (Traded to Geelong 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Henry is another young kid who l think long term who will surprise many.
Mite not get a lot of the footy, but will use it well, and knows how to kick goals.
Statistics are not everything to go by.

Mite not get a lot of the footy, but will use it well, and knows how to kick goals.
Goals are a good stat. If he gets those we’ll all be happy.

considering how much we overuse the footy (by hand) compared to top teams, I’ll be happy with someone who kicks goals with few possessions 👍

considering how much we overuse the footy (by hand) compared to top teams, I’ll be happy with someone who kicks goals with few possessions 👍

A small - medium forward getting 10-15 possessions and getting a goal a game or better is doing their job.

Good to see him getting a game today, go well young fella

I have a feeling he could be a real surprise factor for us this year, fingers crossed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fasolo kicked goals but didn't last long.

Sadly just kicking goals is not enough in modern footy anymore
What? If Fas had kicked goals he would still be in the team.

What? If Fas had kicked goals he would still be in the team.

In fairness, he kinda did. 58 scoring shots from 19 games (29.29) in his last full season with us and that was his worst accuracy return. If he had have kicked with his normal career accuracy that would have been mid 30’s goals (or around 2 per game) in 19 games. 25.6 in 12 games the year preceding. He only played 1 more game for us after that 29 goal season. Maybe he just didn’t fit our needs by the end of his career or maybe he hit a wall.

In fairness, he kinda did. 58 scoring shots from 19 games (29.29) in his last full season with us and that was his worst accuracy return. If he had have kicked with his normal career accuracy that would have been mid 30’s goals (or around 2 per game) in 19 games. 25.6 in 12 games the year preceding. He only played 1 more game for us after that 29 goal season. Maybe he just didn’t fit our needs by the end of his career or maybe he hit a wall.
Yep Faz and Menzel show that kicking goals alone doesn't satisfy AFL coaches anymore.

He didn’t run and spread.

I've never seen such overt excitement over a mark in my life.

Let the kid find his feet.

FFS - have read somewhere people thought he'd have a better debut year than Stephenson.

Spare me.

Nevertheless go well, Ollie.
When Daisy took a specky early days we went pretty berserk. On a less optomistic note we all thought Heath Shepherdd and Terry Keays were going to be superstars after taking speckies in their first game or two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back