Recommitted Ollie Wines [re-signed until 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasia is one of the best small forwards in the comp at full fitness. People come to the games just to see him tbh.

Wines is a good player, but let's not kid ourselves about his trade value on that big contract.

Fantasia is one of the best small forwards in the comp at full fitness. People come to the games just to see him tbh.

Wines is a good player, but let's not kid ourselves about his trade value on that big contract.

People were being unfair to him last year imo bloke started the season well and then he hurt his hip which needed surgery.

From all reports is fully fit again this pre season his trade mark pace and agility is back 2020 will be the return of Fantasia.

1.4gls per game is not one of the best small forwards in the game. Only reason some people rate him is because he can kick a flashy GL and BT loves saying his name.

1.4gls per game is not one of the best small forwards in the game. Only reason some people rate him is because he can kick a flashy GL and BT loves saying his name.
I said at full fitness. He has played a lot of games nowhere near that level. Like basically all of 2019 for example.

He averaged nearly 2 goals a game in 2017 when I can safely say he close to full fitness. With plenty of upside still left in his game. Definitely has the scope to be a great outside player, as well as a small forward.

Plus, it's more than just stats. He's someone who brings people to games. He's someone you put on your membership cards. You don't come to the footy to see Ollie Wines get a clearance or a 3 metre handball - you come to see Fantasia, Cameron or Walla take a hanger or kick one from the boundary.

Kochie is a smart man. I bet that's how he'd look at the situation. Maybe Raz will help bring more people to games and get Port out of their financial turmoil.

I said at full fitness. He has played a lot of games nowhere near that level. Like basically all of 2019 for example.

He averaged nearly 2 goals a game in 2017 when I can safely say he close to full fitness. With plenty of upside still left in his game. Definitely has the scope to be a great outside player, as well as a small forward.

Plus, it's more than just stats. He's someone who brings people to games. He's someone you put on your membership cards. You don't come to the footy to see Ollie Wines get a clearance or a 3 metre handball - you come to see Fantasia, Cameron or Walla take a hanger or kick one from the boundary.

Kochie is a smart man. I bet that's how he'd look at the situation. Maybe Raz will help bring more people to games and get Port out of their financial turmoil.

People also come to the footy to see guys win the hard ball and break away from a pack with players holding on to them as they break the tackle, Wines does that.

He's a talented player but you're not selling Orazio well here, at full fitness he managed 38 goals a year ? Thats not comp best small forward material like posted by someone else earlier.

Lastly Kochy isn't a smart man, he re-signed Hinkley on a ridiculous extension in 2017 and we area still paying for it.

People also come to the footy to see guys win the hard ball and break away from a pack with players holding on to them as they break the tackle, Wines does that.

He's a talented player but you're not selling Orazio well here, at full fitness he managed 38 goals a year ? Thats not comp best small forward material like posted by someone else earlier.

Lastly Kochy isn't a smart man, he re-signed Hinkley on a ridiculous extension in 2017 and we area still paying for it.
Yeah, disagree. Maybe your average big footy punter gets a stiffy from a hard ball get but I reckon the other 75% of the footy populous are more receptive to the highlight plays.

I don't need to sell Orazio. Watch him play. He sells himself.

FYI - 38 goals a year in mid table team at 22 years old is a pretty good result. Not sure what planet you're on.

Compare that to other 22 year olds/4th season players at the time;

Charlie Cameron - 23 goals in H&A
Michael Walters - 22 goals
Toby Greene - 15 goals
Cyril Rioli - 29 goals

etc

Essendon fans - Port can't expect to get full value for Ollie Wines considering his recent injuries
Also Essendon fans - Fantasia is one of the best small forwards in the competition because he had one good season 3 years ago

If Fantasia is going to head back to Adelaide, who needs a small forward more?

South Adelaide !

or maybe West Adelaide , North Adelaide will definitely take him …

as for the AFL sides

- Port has 10 small forwards already
Robbie (Gray), Rozee, Butters, Farrell, Cox, Woodcock, Motlop, Bergman, Mead and Williams

in the 2020 draft we will add Schofield to the above list
from 2021 - 2025 their is a good chance we will be adding more F/S - Academy small forward / midfielders to the list

and in the small forward roll from 2020 if we go with 4 small forwards, we will first up play Robbie, Rozee, Butters and maybe Cox / Farrell

I would rather play Motlop as a small forward than Fantasia

- Crows have 7 small forwards
Davies, McHenry, Murphy, Poholke, Stengle, McAdam & Gallucci

and at a guess the crows will want to play McHenry, Murphy, McAdam and maybe Poholke ahead of Fantasia

South Adelaide !

as for the AFL sides

Robbie (Gray), Rozee, Butters, Farrell, Cox, Woodcock, Motlop, Bergman, Mead and Williams

from 2021 - 2025 their is a good chance we will be adding more F/S - Academy small forward / midfielders to the list

and in the small forward roll from 2020 if we go with 4 small forwards, we will first up play Robbie, Rozee, Butters and maybe Cox / Farrell

and at a guess the crows will want to play McHenry, Murphy, McAdam and maybe Poholke ahead of Fantasia

In fairness to Orazio, this is just as delusional as the Bombers fans in here, just on the other end of the spectrum. Aside from Robbie and Rozee, nobody you've mentioned here from either club goes close to getting a game ahead of Fantasia.

In fairness to Orazio, this is just as delusional as the Bombers fans in here, just on the other end of the spectrum. Aside from Robbie and Rozee, nobody you've mentioned here from either club goes close to getting a game ahead of Fantasia.

i am just showing how Port (& the crows) don't need a small forward .. personally I want to see how our young small forwards go over the next 1 - 3 years
(especially - Farrell, Cox, Bergman & Williams)

and I suspect the crow supporters would want to see how their young small forwards go (over the same period)

on a side note:-
I found this bit of information interesting - how Fantasia compares to Motlop:-

Fantasia v Motlop at the same age

2019​
Stats for Season​
2015​
15​
Games​
6.7​
Kicks​
4.8​
Handballs​
11.5​
Disposals​
3.1​
Marks​
1.3​
Goals​
1.3​
0.8​
Behinds​
0.8​

Also at the same age
inside 50s Fantasia is 1.7 v Motlop 4.0,
Disposal Efficiency for Fantasia is 70.4% v Motlop 67.4%
Score involvements Fantasia 4.9 v Motlop 6.5

Fantasia v Motlop Career

Career​
Stats for Season​
Career​
75​
Games​
7.6​
Kicks​
6.3​
Handballs​
13.8​
Disposals​
Marks​
3.3​
Goals​
1.1​
Behinds​
0.7​

For their career
their Disposal efficiency is close Fantasia is 71.7% Motlop is 70.4% …
both for goal assists are 0.6 (each)

Fantasia v Motlop for 2019

Games​
14​
6.7​
Kicks​
4.8​
Handballs​
11.5​
Disposals​
3.1​
Marks​
Goals​
0.5​
Behinds​
0.4​

for the 2019 season

inside 50s Fantasia is 1.7 v Motlop 2.4,
Disposal Efficiency for Fantasia is 70.4% v Motlop 73.4%
Score involvements Fantasia 4.9 v Motlop 4.4

We don't need a small forward which has been pointed out and dealing with dodo nah not worth the headache.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

South Adelaide !

as for the AFL sides

> South Adelaide will take Fantasia!

> Proceeds to hang their hat on Motlop.

Something must be in the water down at Alberton.

We don't need a small forward which has been pointed out and dealing with dodo nah not worth the headache.
Well Robbie Gray is close to the end of his tether. Rozee is a star. But the rest of those spuds hardly constitute the phrase "we don't need any more small forwards". Last time I checked, you need more than 2 good small forwards..

South Adelaide !

as for the AFL sides

I guess you don’t watch much of Adelaide or visit their board to often.

From Adelaide’s perspective, Stengle appears to be their preferred first choice small forward, and they regularly discuss the need for another genuine small forward.

Which raises the question, is Fantasia a genuine small forward or a HFF?

Because half the players you mentioned for Port are more forward flankers than genuine small forwards.

> South Adelaide will take Fantasia!

> Proceeds to hang their hat on Motlop.

Something must be in the water down at Alberton.

wrong …

I mentioned that if we go with small forwards it will be these players - Robbie, Rozee, Butters and maybe Cox / Farrell starting off ...

these players Bergman, Mead and Williams will soon be pushing for a small forward role ..

Motlop is holding a position on our list until Cox, Farrell, Bergman, Mead and Williams get more experience ..

He might also be holding a position until Taj Schofield joins our list at the end of the year

Or he might be holding a position on our list until the next Burgoyne (or 3) & Tex Wanganeen gets drafted by us over the next few years

The proof will be in the pudding

The Blues midfield stocks will rise, while wines will dwindle, he doesn't even care enough about his team that he popped his shoulder out wake boarding just after being made captain.

Lucky for port Doro will pay overs like he did for Shiel
So Wines cares for Port like Curnow cares for the Blues?

So Wines cares for Port like Curnow cares for the Blues?

Yes

But we knew that

Top 3 talent with the dusty looseness factor, saw him drop to pick 13

Difference is Wines hates his club

Wines hates his club? Lol classic

"Hate" might be a strong work

I should have said "desperately wants to leave"

Guess we will find out at the end of the year.

Butters is going to be a star. (Just saying)

I like fantasia when he's not injured. I can't see port being interested in fantasia after last year's trade period. They seemed genuinely annoyed? Ports draft picks make it look like fantasia is out of the picture.

Wines to Essendon seems very realistic.

Butters is going to be a star. (Just saying)

I like fantasia when he's not injured. I can't see port being interested in fantasia after last year's trade period. They seemed genuinely annoyed? Ports draft picks make it look like fantasia is out of the picture.

Wines to Essendon seems very realistic.

Yeah they will have more cap space when Danniher leaves and now that McKenna won't return

They are talking up Phillips as a ruck in the preseason

Wines might not be interested

Remove this Banner Ad

Back