Contracted Ollie Wines [RFA in 2022]

Seb78

Club Legend
Aug 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
There have been rumours for the last 3 years that Carlton were into Wines. We apparently have other targets now, but I'd still have a long look at Wines if he did want out.
Are inside mids what you really need though? Would've thought you guys would benefit more from some outside run & speed. Jack Martin or Brad Hill would fill more of a need for you guys I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 8, 2000
Ask me tomorrow
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Cronulla, Dallas Cowboys, Forest
Are inside mids what you really need though? Would've thought you guys would benefit more from some outside run & speed. Jack Martin or Brad Hill would fill more of a need for you guys I reckon.
No doubt. There are rumours about Brad Crouch as well and I'd rather Wines in that situation.

Our inside mids are Cripps, Kennedy, Silvagni, Curnow, Dow and SPS to an extent. Walsh has also been in there.

I prefer Kennedy up forward, SPS in defence and Walsh inside out. Silvagni is a utility. Fisher, Murphy, Walsh, O'Brien as outside run.

I would be fine with Cripps and Wines inside and the likes of Curnow tagging and gradually being faded out.

Red Bull

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
No doubt. There are rumours about Brad Crouch as well and I'd rather Wines in that situation.

Our inside mids are Cripps, Kennedy, Silvagni, Curnow, Dow and SPS to an extent. Walsh has also been in there.

I prefer Kennedy up forward, SPS in defence and Walsh inside out. Silvagni is a utility. Fisher, Murphy, Walsh, O'Brien as outside run.

I would be fine with Cripps and Wines inside and the likes of Curnow tagging and gradually being faded out.
I think in time Stocker will be Cripps partner in crime in the guts ...

Adz2332

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
2 or 3 years ago i would have been gutted to hear this...
But im fine with it.
Turning 25 so coming into his prime, contracted on good coin for 3 more years.
Port would want a decent return on him.
Id rather keep SPP on MUCH less $$
Ryder all but gone and if wines goes saves a chunk of cash also.
Luko in GC hasnt signed back up............. could throw money his way.
If in some 3 way deal lands us Luko for wines id take it in a heart beat

Harro59

Team Captain
May 14, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
On his own and just for picks I'd say we would be want to 2 x firsts I guess.

Don't really want to see him go as he is also a ripping bloke as well.

Rad Roo

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If we finished with a pick 8 then easily trade that pick out plus mcmillan for wines, easy decision but he is contracted hmmmmm for a further 2 years. Does fit our club's need.......i.e. inside mid with good pace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schulzenfest

TheBrownDog
Feb 23, 2008
SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors
Trading him now after he's just had easily the worst year of his career and he's contracted for the next 3 years would be moronic. On that basis I fully expect us to do it.

Red Bull

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
Gut feel is Wines and Port may have fallen out of love and be happy to separate.
Trouble is the contract, can’t see another club paying what Port might feel they’d have to ask.
Nobody is paying 2 x 1st rounders.
Port showed shrewd list management re the Chad so the potential to do so again is there but Wines being captain with a long term contract is difficult ... probably too difficult.
Wines stays i reckon.

gandaal

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Rumour he wanted to come to port last year
Really? Because he was almost traded to Essendon last year. The offer was made, Martin agreed to the trade and Gold Coast balked. I'm guessing that too many senior players had left already.

Probably a good thing for Essendon. They needed that first rounder for Shiel.

JUSTWORK

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Really? Because he was almost traded to Essendon last year. The offer was made, Martin agreed to the trade and Gold Coast balked. I'm guessing that too many senior players had left already.

Probably a good thing for Essendon. They needed that first rounder for Shiel.
Yea, no idea what if any talks came from it.

PAFC_1870

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 21, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Gut feel is Wines and Port may have fallen out of love and be happy to separate.
Trouble is the contract, can’t see another club paying what Port might feel they’d have to ask.
Nobody is paying 2 x 1st rounders.
Port showed shrewd list management re the Chad so the potential to do so again is there but Wines being captain with a long term contract is difficult ... probably too difficult.
Wines stays i reckon.
Absolute rubbish.

He's not on a contract anyone else wouldn't have offered.

If Carlton gets 2 first in better drafts for Gibbs Wines is easily worth 2.

Top Bottom