Game Day Opening Round vs. GWS, Giants Stadium, 7:30pm Sat 09/03

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Both Frampton and Dean haha. Not a chance. Dean got the nob this afternoon behind closed doors.
Hey, just calling out it was a good call by you.
Posting style aside, info was spot on.

Assume those that potted you will be all over this post and yours!?

Right or wrong…I appreciate the info and having the option to choose.
Nice work.

Hey, just calling out it was a good call by you.
Posting style aside, info was spot on.

Assume those that potted you will be all over this post and yours!?

Right or wrong…I appreciate the info and having the option to choose.
Nice work.

The strike rate is about 1 in 20 for his confident b/s turning out as predicted. Don’t encourage it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

100%. The AFL have done everything in their power to give them a flag. They would want nothing more than GWS winning it to try and grow the game.

The AFL have given the same to the Suns who have never finished higher than 14th in their history. Credit needs to also go to the Giants for good management.

Good to face a quality opponent early. Win this and we send a message. Lose and meh… we will be back next week.

Honestly Finn needs to leave the club, they are screwing his career. All this talk about how important he is to the club then don’t play him. I’m so angry with this.
It’s very tough on Finn yes but Pendles titch and Sidey don’t have that many more miles in their legs

Honestly Finn needs to leave the club, they are screwing his career. All this talk about how important he is to the club then don’t play him. I’m so angry with this.

Yeah I'm starting to become frustrated for him too

He's 100% out the door this year if he doesn't get into the side sometime soon. Contract runs out this year and no way he re-signs if he's not a regular in the 23 by year's end and I wouldn't begrudge him leaving either.

I really really hope we have a plan for managing our older mids through the season as opposed to just playing them every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finn isn't better than anyone named, otherwise he'd be named. Not sure why so many people are upset about it. He'll probably break in and play games this year, whether starting 22 or sub or a mixture of both. To do that his form will have to enable that, and/or injuries.

We're all for winning now and qualifying for finals, qualifying for top 4 and winning finals. We can't gift games to players just because they might be a starting mid player in the next few years.

And at the end of the year if he goes, such is life. I'm sure we'd be looking to bring in an up and coming mid like Jhye Clark to replace him though.

Exactly
Who comes out?
JFN and Lipinski were both on the outer but have busted their asses and fought their way back in to the side
McCreery is the player I have on notice. He is a bull, no doubt. More goals or more disposals. His best is elite, his worst is VFL. Needs to bridge the gap.

Noble plays a different role but I expect he’ll return to the VFL once Howe comes back.

He's 100% out the door this year if he doesn't get into the side sometime soon. Contract runs out this year and no way he re-signs if he's not a regular in the 23 by year's end and I wouldn't begrudge him leaving either.

I really really hope we have a plan for managing our older mids through the season as opposed to just playing them every week.
I don't get this attitude. Finn needs to force his way into the side (or wait for injuries) and once there, show that he is better at AFL level than the other contenders to retain a spot. We're going for back-to-back premierships - games should not be gifted to anyone.

From what I've seen, Finn is solid but unspectacular. Very hard working but what genuinely elite attributes does he have? He's not a elite by foot. He doesn't score many goals. He's not especially quick by foot. He's not a pack-splitting tackle-breaker. So who of our current midfield is he pushing out?

Our Selection Committee must have some of the same reservations.

Dropping a fit premiership player in round 1 sounds like a big deal to me.
Dropping somone coming into finals after 70+ games cancels that. You think JFN should not be considered if the coaches thought he had the better pre season. Oleg and him were neck and neck last season and still are. Oleg got the big prize end of last season, that shouldnt be a factor that counts against JFN when they are so close.

Finn isn't better than anyone named, otherwise he'd be named. Not sure why so many people are upset about it. He'll probably break in and play games this year, whether starting 22 or sub or a mixture of both. To do that his form will have to enable that, and/or injuries.

We're all for winning now and qualifying for finals, qualifying for top 4 and winning finals. We can't gift games to players just because they might be a starting mid player in the next few years.

And at the end of the year if he goes, such is life. I'm sure we'd be looking to bring in an up and coming mid like Jhye Clark to replace him though.

Exactly
Who comes out?
JFN and Lipinski were both on the outer but have busted their asses and fought their way back in to the side
We could have left AJ out and played Cox predominantly forward to drop the ball to our smalls. Frampton had zero impact as a forward in the GF, so we haven't actually lost anything. Fin would have been ideal in the Adams role.

Other option is Beau, who needs to show more than just being a tackling honey badger. They've tried him in the middle this pre-season and he hasn't stuck.

I won't see it as a big issue if they give Fin a go soon. However, if he isn't selected in the first 4-6 weeks, after his great pre-season and obvious effort in tank improvement and doing everything they asked, then I worry that we're not thinking about the long term. Getting games into the next wave is crucial for sustained success. It was the one thing that I don't think was managed well last year.

If Finn doesn’t play games this year I can’t see him generating too much interest from opposition clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back