No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

You think we’re frustrated as a supporter group … Lions and Crows are 0-3 and Lions have never won a thing and the Crows rebuild is into its 6th season.

Then Hawks rebuild is into its 4th year and they’re going like busteds.

And Roos have been rebuilding for 7-years …. with 8 x top-10 picks since 2017 - and they’re still miles off it (their midfield looks awesome for the future but other areas of the ground are )

I agree with going to the draft and getting more kids …. but development, culture and coaching is far more important than what number draft pick the kids are taken. If we don’t get that right you can have as many top-10 picks as you like and you’ll go nowhere.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Imagine Kane Cornes thinking he can tell Dustin Martin what he needs to do.
clapping.gif david-tennant-laughing.gif

kORNs with his reliable RFC Click Baits!
Ambiguous waffle about Captains at their best on a Monday!
Selwood firmed his legacy as the best Captain(AFL or Scatters?!? which is it kORNsey?!?)
(Oh kORNsey you were smart enough to not label Selwood the best player...with the GOAT still around!)
Richmond get a mention with flawed calls in List Management no other AFL Club has ever experienced such a notion!
Only Richmond suffered repeated losses walking into their Club on a Monday(Crazy Monday is it?!?, ambiguous implication its been happening at the RFC for Years and years!) no other AFL Club has suffered this fate!!!
Oh kORNsey you make it sound like the RFC are a ship wreck of a Club this Century!!!
Oh kORNsey the RFC are the best dynasty of a AFL Club this century!!! 3 from 4 Grand Finals won!!!
PS...kORNsey...the GOAT also won a Brownlow as well...you forget?!?

Last edited:
1711749172246.png

Collingwood veteran Scott Pendlebury has avoided the first suspension of his career despite being charged with striking by the match review officer.

Pendlebury threw an open palm into the abdomen of Brisbane co-captain Lachie Neale as the two midfielders squared up for a contest on the wing during Thursday’s round 3 opener.

The whack left the Lions midfielder doubled over.

“(That is) definitely going to be looked at, no doubt about that,” declared Channel 7 commentator Brian Taylor.

Pendlebury has never been suspended in his 386 AFL games.

The former Magpies captain said he apologised to Neale post-match.

“(Lachie Neale) said he got a fine for a similar thing afterwards,” Pendlebury said.

“After the game I said sorry to him, I didn’t mean to get him quite there and he said he did it last year and got a fine.

“What will be will be. Retaliator always gets caught. Mum told me that and I got sucked in tonight.”

The MRO graded Pendlebury’s hit as intentional, low impact and body contact, handing him a $3750 fine which will be reduced to $2500 which an early guilty plea.

Originally published as AFL round 3 MRO news: Scott Pendlebury’s spotless suspension record intact after MRO fine

View attachment 1943650

Collingwood veteran Scott Pendlebury has avoided the first suspension of his career despite being charged with striking by the match review officer.

Pendlebury threw an open palm into the abdomen of Brisbane co-captain Lachie Neale as the two midfielders squared up for a contest on the wing during Thursday’s round 3 opener.

“(That is) definitely going to be looked at, no doubt about that,” declared Channel 7 commentator Brian Taylor.

“(Lachie Neale) said he got a fine for a similar thing afterwards,” Pendlebury said.

“After the game I said sorry to him, I didn’t mean to get him quite there and he said he did it last year and got a fine.

“What will be will be. Retaliator always gets caught. Mum told me that and I got sucked in tonight.”

The MRO graded Pendlebury’s hit as intentional, low impact and body contact, handing him a $3750 fine which will be reduced to $2500 which an early guilty plea.

Originally published as AFL round 3 MRO news: Scott Pendlebury’s spotless suspension record intact after MRO fine
Tom Lynch would have got 4 weeks 😂😂😂

View attachment 1943650

Neat trick by the MRO to avoid suspending one of the AFL favourites. Grades a blow that was hard enough to leave Neale in pain on the ground for around a minute "low" impact.

Media says nothing to see.

If it was a Richmond player:

"We need to stamp this out of the game."

"An experienced player shouldn't get sucked into retaliating. So dumb."

"Not a good look."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neat trick by the MRO to avoid suspending one of the AFL favourites. Grades a blow that was hard enough to leave Neale in pain on the ground for around a minute "low" impact.

"Not a good look."
Well to be fair you canna get lower than laying on the ground...hence the emphasis and highlighting of their "low" grading..."low" impact... The AFL Old Boys Club once again playing with semantics...not realistic football penalties et al!

"Not a good look."
chrisso is an umpie

The campaigner knows Richmond sells papers... You wouldn't see him writing the same article about some piss Ant team like Port, norf etc
I don't read abutting with his name in it, the only way he's going to be out of the media is if his ratings are so poor he gets sacked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back