(Other) Bulldog Social Media Forums - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mattie2016

Cancelled
Dec 10, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Are we the MOST REPRESENTED CLUB online?

There are a plethora of places to go online to get your fix on Bulldog news, discussion, debates, videos, rumours, reviews and everything in between. Some are marvellous, others are deplorable.

But which are the best and worst sites to visit (aside from Bigfooty)? List your favorites and most hated and tell us of experiences and tips for Bulldog bliss and what to avoid!...

Facebook Western Bulldogs Forum. It is a 'secret' group, so you have to know a member and ask for them to invite you. It is massive and a stack of ex-players on there to engage with. It gets fiery, so not for the faint-hearted.

Who else is on there from here?

Back on track - which pages/groups/sites have people experienced and what do you have to say about them?

The WOOF forum was good, haven't been there for years though. Don't like some of the FB pages much, lot of negativity and not enough moderation at times. Twitter is ok but don't do it much

Back on track - which pages/groups/sites have people experienced and what do you have to say about them?
I pretty much limit myself to BF ... and even that's a struggle at times.
I have the Bulldogs Tragician bookmarked but only go there occasionally. Rarer still I sometimes peek at WOOF.

The Facebook groups are awful. I make a conscious effort not to venture there because it’s really hard to read. A large portion of those people don’t actually understand football. Which makes sense given that Bigfooty is a dedicated football forum that reaches a certain type of supporter/individual, whereas the Facebook groups are a forum for a typical average supporter.

Last edited:
The Facebook groups are awful. I make a conscious effort not to venture there because it’s really hard to read. A large portion of those people don’t actually understand football. Which makes sense given that Bigfooty is a dedicated football forum that reaches a certain type of supporter/individual, whereas the Facebook groups are a forum for a typical average supporter.

There are a wider range of supporters on facebook. Some who know a lot and others who are new and learning. I quite like conversing with new impressionable supporters to imprint the Bulldog way. Had wild supporters go off their heads regularly after a loss and facebook seems to attract reactive, emotional types, so it can be a volitile platform.

Ocassionally peek in at Facebook, I used to be on WOOF but had a falling out with one member who thought his opinion was law. It was a good site apart from him.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back