Oppo Camp OTHER CLUB Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

"You know how we tried that thing of playing ruckman Stefan Martin and ruckman Max Gawn together and it didn't work?

And then we tried that thing of playing ruckman Brayden Pruess and ruckman Max Gawn together and it didn't work?

Then we tried that that thing of playing forward/ruck Luke Jackson and ruckman Max Gawn together and it won us a premiership?

Ok so hear me out, we get ruckman Brodie Grundy, pay him a lot of a money..."

Collingwoods arrangement is with Grundy for, say, 250k per year
wherever Grundy goes, Collingwood pay the 250
Once again, not the way it works. Clubs don’t have contracts directly with opposition players.
Collingwood may well be paying his salary still if on traded. But the deal is not directly with Grundy.

Suspect he found the market demand wasn’t there
Suspect they realised that they still had a bloke who could still average 30 touches and 7+ clearances a game at AFL level who was wasted playing SANFL all year. It was the club that had him out the door as someone surplus to needs for most of the year.

I don't see that it does make it more difficult to on-trade him. If Melb do the same deal with port and pay a cut of his wage, aren't Melb gaining a big chunk of cap space just like we did (but for a guy who will play VFL if he stays?) And port get him at the same rate Melb were willing to pay him.
No impediment whatsoever!
My last comment on this, but Melbourne having to wear the cost that we are currently wearing, would clearly make it more difficult to on-trade him

My last comment on this, but Melbourne having to wear the cost that we are currently wearing, would clearly make it more difficult to on-trade him
How? It's exactly the same trade we did with Melb but Melb do it with port. If it worked for us when Grundy was our main ruck it's gotta work better for Melb with him being a VFL player.

How? It's exactly the same trade we did with Melb but Melb do it with port. If it worked for us when Grundy was our main ruck it's gotta work better for Melb with him being a VFL player.
Change what I've written from difficult to a disincentive to trade.

This is in the context of whether it's likely that there is an intentional clause that gets us off the hook.
In that context us having an out of the payment if Grundy leaves Melbourne making it harder for Grundy to leave is a problem for Melbourne and Grundy not us.

We either get the same deal we have now which was deemed okay from the FD or a better deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly you've seen the contract to know this then. When did you get the chance to read it?

Cal Twomey on SEN a couple of days ago also said that if Grundy left Melbourne, we would still be paying towards his contract, as we have an agreement with Grundy and his management and that Melbourne wouldn't have to pay anything towards his contract should he leave.

Cal Twomey on SEN a couple of days ago also said that if Grundy left Melbourne, we would still be paying towards his contract, as we have an agreement with Grundy and his management and that Melbourne wouldn't have to pay anything towards his contract should he leave.
I saw that also but it does not explain the Dees angst at getting stuck with any of Grundy,s money which I find interesting maybe they think they are not on as solid ground as they thought re Grundy.

I am not sure it is as cut and dried as some claim on both sides of the arguement,where are the Carlton lawyers when you need them.

I’ll be spewing if the Hawks nab Henry. Don’t want those bastards getting good too quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Hawthorn are a rising stock. Got some talent coming through the doors and a good VFL program so they can keep stealing mature age bargains.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back