Patrick Dangerfield - Slowing Down?

Remove this Banner Ad

As I said in an earlier post, we were saying the same about Shaun Higgins last 2 years.

Maybe Danger looks like he's lost a step because he has been carrying an injury??? Has Dusty started to slow down? Last 4 - 5 games his output has diminished.

Danger is only 28, i.e., in his prime. Write him off at your peril.
I didn't write him off. I just noticed he's probably about 5% off on his former pace, but is still faster and more explosive than most.

Imo he's been getting a little slower every year he left Adelaide actually (he is bigger now than at Adelaide which would impact on that), but this is the first time it's really impacted his play. As you say that could be injury related though.

I never said or thought that about Higgins fwiw.

Averaging more possessions (27.6 to 24.6) and tackles (4.4 to 1.5) than Dusty, yet Dusty is supposedly a superior mid. Bigfooty "logic" at its finest. :rolleyes:

Tom Mitchell is averaging more possessions and tackles then Danger. Do you consider Mitchell a superior mid?

I think its a blight on clubs to keep playing injured players. Its not like Geelong have no other talent in the midfield.

He played injured with us a fair bit. Many of our posters had concerns over his longevity in the game given the amount and brute force nature of his contested work combined with our preparedness to play him injured. We were awaiting the switch to 50:50 inside/outside but it never happened with us. I guess playing up forward is a reasonable alternative, not plan A I'd have thought though.

I think rumours of his demise are greatly exaggerated.

Is a victim of his own extremely high standards in 2016-2017, to have this season be considered a "down year". Any other player producing similar output at the moment would probably be considered a near-lock for All-Australian. Same could be said of Dusty, too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you put that one together yourself?

It's a bit sad that you would even post it, tbh.
And commenting on it? Sad? We have have a saying round our parts "Dangerfield dead" which in 'sad' translation means " not really injured but ramp up the drama"....cheer up tuckshop!

Without doubt slowing down from the best player in the comp to one of the best on his day. No doubt he is slowing down, but that happens to every player. Have loved watching him play, been an absolute gun.

He has been carrying injuries all year and now has a rather bad shoulder injury. He was struggling this weekend to use that strapped shoulder.

Hard to be at your best when you are injured for the majority of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back