Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCotchyBear

Senior List
Jan 9, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Merge this thread if there has already been one posted in regards to the board.

Listening to Peggy O'Neal and Gale recently in the media has proven one thing to me and this football club, they are both seriously DELUDED.

All this rubbish about stability and the need to make astute decisions and not sack every person at the club is a smokescreen for the old Richmond and not wanting to 'eat their own'.

Hardwick and his recruiting staff are the CLEAR problem at the football club.

He will never be a premiership coach. He has taken this list as far as he can, and quite frankly his pathetic slow, stop starting gameplan is why almost every single player at the club has lost their flair in this static gameplan that does not suit any players and is single- handedly ruining players careers.

Which players have gone forwards or developed properly under Hardwick? Why does every single player that comes into this club play out of position? Why has Vlastuin (drafted as a midfielder), Martin (drafted as a midfielder), Ellis (drafted as a midfielder), Conca etc all played in the backline when it's crystal clear all those blokes were drafted as MIDFIELDERS, not backmen.

Why did he try and turn Morris into a pressure forward, when we could all see it would backfire, whilst having his best first season and nearly earning an AA representation playing on the best small forwards?

Why did Hardwick come out of the St.Kilda game 2 years ago and say both coaches were not happy with the style of play because goals were leaked?

Why has he recruited so many hack retreads ala Thomas, Townsend, Moore, Petterd, Banfield, Lonergan to try and 'help cotchin', when it's clear these blokes are duds and do not offer one thing.

You don't recruit big bodied midfielders to try and protect your stars, you recruit midfielders that HAVE TALENT to HELP your stars. Jesus.

O'Neal and Gale are completely deluded if they don't think sacking the coach is the most probably resolve to the outcome. Hardwick is a good coach, will never be a great coach, and this list and gameplan is seriously stagnating.

Look at the bulldogs? Look at the crows? Look at the eagles? Look at the blues?

Coaches make a massive difference and don't give me this rubbish that sacking him won't change the whole list/gameplan.

It WILL.

Really, you've added nothing to the argument that hasn't already been said in the countless threads already active on this board. Thread closed.

Merge this thread if there has already been one posted in regards to the board.

Said that in the first line mate. :)

You need to understand politics and the bullshit that people have to say to the media.

Peggy and gale have turned the club around off field and for that I am thankful. Do you remember when we had the essendon supporter as president? Or Alan bond? The last decent president was Daphne but he hung himself on the "frawley will be the last coach of my presidency" quote.

Off field people have off field accountability. Coaches and players have their own accountability, as do recruiters.

If you want them sacked you'd better have an awesome candidate in mind because they will have big boots to fill.

There are many areas to be critical of at the moment but gale and Peggy are not one of them. IMHO.

I've calmed down a lot since Dans comments last week. All they've done is come out and toed the party line. Something every sporting organization in the world does no matter the crisis.

If at the end of the year changes are not made that need to be made (Hardwick, Blair and co sacked) then there will be a board spill. I have no doubt about it, until then you really can't read a lot into their words.

You need to understand politics and the bullshit that people have to say to the media.

Peggy and gale have turned the club around off field and for that I am thankful. Do you remember when we had the essendon supporter as president? Or Alan bond? The last decent president was Daphne but he hung himself on the "frawley will be the last coach of my presidency" quote.

Off field people have off field accountability. Coaches and players have their own accountability, as do recruiters.

If you want them sacked you'd better have an awesome candidate in mind because they will have big boots to fill.

There are many areas to be critical of at the moment but gale and Peggy are not one of them. IMHO.

It was Geischen Daphne hung himself with. You're getting old and senile Tigerdan :)

At least he had the courage and honesty to resign for screwing up Northey leaving. Peggy should follow his example.

I actually do believe that they are constantly reviewing that's why by r11 they should be abundantly clear where we re at.
They will be monitoring not only results but the dwindling support in crowd numbers , www interest etc . The story will be as clear as day, black and white, no bs required there.
It wouldn't be cool to say too much publicly , as that would be an easy excuse to completely derail our season, if it could be derailed any further

4 positions are safe ,
Peggy, Dimma ,Benny and contracted players . If they weren't safe they wouldn't have been re-appointed and or contracted .
Those who are not yet contracted or re-appointed are being assessed as the season progresses .
Penny and Benny are primarily responsible for the financial viability of the club whilst many who are now out of contract are coming out of contract for the first time since Dan Richardson has got his teeth into things .
Cameron's form was quickly exhibited once outside of RFC , why does anyone think he conducted himself any differently within the club ?
Understand the frustration but the frustration is mis directed .

Last edited:
I wouldn't read too much into what they say in the media at the moment, it's all PR spin in protecting the business and club as an organisation. Not going to come out and write us off and say we've given up for the year. Imagine how that would go down, especially when we are looking for new sponsors (Which includes a big naming rights contract for PRE doesn't it?)

I listened to O'Neal being interviewed on ABC Grandstand on the weekend (http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2016-05-07/oneal-on-abc-grandstand).

For what it’s worth, I don’t think what came out her mouth was only PR spin. I believe that she believes what she said (if that makes sense). She said the same thing in different ways, never contradicting herself, only ever reinforcing her position. It takes a true artist to bullshit that well. I think she actually believes that Hardwick deserved his 2 year contract extension and that now the decision has been taken, she and her Board are standing staunch.

I can’t say that I agree – I would have sacked Hardwick last September - but I am glad that O’Neal and Gale are being strong under pressure.

On the OP, I have to agree that some Board turnover would have been a very good thing, but not now, and definitely not because the team is losing. Last year would have been a great time to bring some more footy experience / skills, so that the decision to extend Hardwick had some more rigour. It seems to me, that Gale and Free are the only Directors (out of 10!) that offer any true footy nous. There’s no lack of legal or financial skills represented. Maybe Speed counts as having sporting experience, but cycling and cricket are pretty different on many levels to AFL.

I have no feelings one way or another about keeping or sacking O’Neal, but I want Gale to stay. We need more football experience at the top level, not less. FFS, Tiger members, vote for directors at this year's AGM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'd be in a better place now if we pulled the pin on dimma at the end of last season, after 3 elim final losses in a row.

Only at Richmond do we look at being the longest serving coach without winning a final as an achievement.

Embarrassing that he got an extension after that....

i'm happy that they are not coming out and throwing Dimma under the bus. I'd rather that then them saying, after 7 rounds, that Dimma's job isn't safe. That does nothing for the team.
Just because they say that, doesn't mean they are not doing things behind the scenes. of course they will have a a review, guarantee they have a review every 1-2 months.
The club will look at the year's performance at the end of the year, and if the club has gone off the rails, then they will get rid of Dimma. But they are giving him the chance to "rebuild" the team as he has brought success that we haven't had in a few decades. and, for me, is what i want from my board, not going out there calling for the coaches head when there is a poor start to the season (that's the fans job)

I actually do believe that they are constantly reviewing that's why by r11 they should be abundantly clear where we re at.
They will be monitoring not only results but the dwindling support in crowd numbers , www interest etc . The story will be as clear as day, black and white, no bs required there.
It wouldn't be cool to say too much publicly , as that would be an easy excuse to completely derail our season, if it could be derailed any further

If we rebound and start winning games and finish mid table outside the 8 I'll be more filthy than I am now.

Season is gone, play the kids and find out about them ffs.

Gale gets away with too much. He ain't no messiah.

On thin ice.

Got any more info to add to that? Like your opinion or what you've heard?

I'm not as sold on him as I once was, I think as AFL ceo he'd be great but I'm not as convinced as I once was that makes a great football club ceo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back