Pick 1 2023 Trade value - What would it take?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
not the sort of petition a norf supporter would understand
Scott and noble both got sacked. I guess these things actually work 😂
Well then, Carry on with the Reid petition my west coast friends!

Will be interesting in 12 months when your team is the one begging.
For what?

WCE don't need a rise up the ladder to stop the club going insolvent. They can afford to take their sweet time building a proper list for a sustained tilt at the flag.

It's funny, begging for AFL assistance is embarrassing

WC have had them in the past just like majority of teams. So don’t see the bug deal.

I don’t like the idea of it. I reckon it should t Happen. But if other clubs have got them in the past (including WC) don’t see why north can’t.

For what?

WCE don't need a rise up the ladder to stop the club going insolvent. They can afford to take their sweet time building a proper list for a sustained tilt at the flag.

So will you start a petition to try and stop the Eagles for applying for assistance next year?

We have been down the bottom for a while and stronger than ever but the insolvent line is just a nuffy line nuffies throw out.

So don’t see the bug deal.
Here you go champ, didn't want you missing out.

2647_GourmetSeafoods_MoretonBayBugs.jpg

For what?

Dude, you obviously know nothing about North's situation off field if you think the assistance package has anything to do with our sustainability as a club.

So will you start a petition to try and stop the Eagles for applying for assistance next year?

We have been down the bottom for a while and stronger than ever but the insolvent line is just a nuffy line nuffies throw out.
Why would anyone start a petition to not get PPs?

I'd expect the club to actually build properly, which it looks like they've been doing thus far.

As if I'd want WCE asking the AFL for anything other than a fair fixture in regards to breaks between games, less travel, etc, which they've done numerous times and it's been ignored...

For what?

You want them to rise up the ladder sooner rather than later though yeah?

All jokes aside for a minute, I’m never very serious on here as I’m sure you’ve all figured out, but the last four years (we can go further but we won’t) have been ******* depressing as a north supporter. Every year oppo supporters give us s**t for being s**t, give us s**t for celebrating some draft picks in the hopes they’ll get us some gold. Give us s**t for trying to find any sort of positivity in what has been a pretty bleak time.

Yeah so the club went with their hand out to get some extra help, is it ideal? Of course not, but here we are.
I wouldn’t wish this s**t on anyone, remembering of course it is just a game but we’re all passionate about it.

You’re right about west coast not having to worry about disappearing, but yeah that is somewhat of a reality for our club. Though despite these last few years we seem to be holding up really well so that’s a plus. But I’d much rather be winning some ducking games!

Sorry for the rant

You want them to rise up the ladder sooner rather than later though yeah?

All jokes aside for a minute, I’m never very serious on here as I’m sure you’ve all figured out, but the last four years (we can go further but we won’t) have been ******* depressing as a north supporter. Every year oppo supporters give us s**t for being s**t, give us s**t for celebrating some draft picks in the hopes they’ll get us some gold. Give us s**t for trying to find any sort of positivity in what has been a pretty bleak time.

Yeah so the club went with their hand out to get some extra help, is it ideal? Of course not, but here we are.
I wouldn’t wish this s**t on anyone, remembering of course it is just a game but we’re all passionate about it.

You’re right about west coast not having to worry about disappearing, but yeah that is somewhat of a reality for our club. Though despite these last few years we seem to be holding up really well so that’s a plus. But I’d much rather be winning some ducking games!

Sorry for the rant
Fair enough rant.

WCE are only 1 and a half seasons from being in the same boat as North though. Our decline started after the bye in 2021.

Still don't expect the club to ask for a handout, other than access to NGA before 40, which every club should get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First we had North fans begging the AFL for priority picks - and from that bizarre episode, there's this almost faux arrogance from some of them that they think West Coast will just take whatever rubbish offer they make for them (or that somehow Reid would prefer to go to them as opposed to a well-run club like West Coast).

How hard is it to get the message?

Jim Carrey No GIF

First we had North fans begging the AFL for priority picks - and from that bizarre episode, there's this almost faux arrogance from some of them that they think West Coast will just take whatever rubbish offer they make for them (or that somehow Reid would prefer to go to them as opposed to a well-run club like West Coast).

How hard is it to get the message?

Jim Carrey No GIF
Post it for a third time it’ll be funny

You blokes even considering the possibility of the Eagles not taking Reid with their first pick are delusional. He was just on SEN, the final question he got asked was:

Q: “Harley, what makes you more angry than anything else?”

Long pause….

A: “Sam McClure”
He's def an alpha male and a class act. gunna be fun to watch him I reckon, wherever he plays.

Have you brought a house? If you haven't - my advice is not to offer what you are willing to pay with your 1st offer.

Note - the eagles board is no better.

Iv bought lots of things including houses.

Here's my tip in buying houses.

Dont turn up driving a Rolls Royce after everyone knows you just won "priority pick and compo" lotto and then offer someone 40% of the value of the house.

If you do, don't get upset when the owner laughs and walks away. (If you are lucky....if not they would just tell you to f#@* off).

And you end up look like a total fool.

I'd love for you to actually justify it other than the vibe.

The bloke at 3 on that list beat the bloke at 1 in pretty much every single statistical category this season, playing a very similar fwd/mid role.

He not only beat him, he was significantly better in most of the key categories.

The gap between McKercher and Caddy/O'Sullivan is absolutely enormous. McKercher averaged 33 touches and 1.6 goals a game in the NAB League this year and he has top liner elite AFL athletic attributes.

The only one muddying the waters on actual performance is Reid and Sanders.

Reid doesn't belong at 1 in terms of performances this season and Sanders deserves to be a lot higher (arguably 1 or 2) if you ignore perceived athletic ceilings.

North would get a kings ransom for either of Pick 2 or 3 if we were to move from it. Not as large as West Coast obviously, but well over 50% of the value of Reid as you are intimating.

There's as many suitors for Duursma as there are for Reid.

I don’t think any club would prefer pick 2 and pick 12ish to pick 1.

As I said, let’s agree to disagree. I think that 2 and 3 are better Reid, but not by heaps. And I think that there is a bigger gap between 1 and 2 compared to 2 and 7ish.

We are probably both suffering from biases - it makes sense for north fans to want the gap between 1 and 2 to be smaller than west coast fans would want it to be.

Last edited:
WC have had them in the past just like majority of teams. So don’t see the bug deal.

I don’t like the idea of it. I reckon it should t Happen. But if other clubs have got them in the past (including WC) don’t see why north can’t.
You are on recent expansion club levels of AFL help, way way beyond.

Because your being massively propped up big time by the AFL via other clubs etc....

Not as funny as you pretending to be in the circle of trust 😂😂😂

Hahahaha classic franga. I’m sure you no a afl footballer or have in the past?

Don’t see why you keep bringing it up lol.

How about this. If he goes to the west which you’re confident about.

When he does I’ll inbox you and I’ll tell him your a die hard fan and and get some signed merch.

No need to thank me it’s the least I can do 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back