• Horne-Francis

Votes: 227 92.7%
  • Callaghan

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The whole points system is a ******* debacle.
Eh, it might not be perfect but I reckon it's better than what it was, where teams could simply match the bid with their next pick.

Like most people, I love the idea of father/son picks and it's really unique to our sport, but it's pretty ridiculous that it and the academy access exists and something needs to be done about it to make it a bit fairer. The points system is probably the best we're going to get for as long as it continues to be a compromised draft system.

Eh, it might not be perfect but I reckon it's better than what it was, where teams could simply match the bid with their next pick.

Like most people, I love the idea of father/son picks and it's really unique to our sport, but it's pretty ridiculous that it and the academy access exists and something needs to be done about it to make it a bit fairer. The points system is probably the best we're going to get for as long as it continues to be a compromised draft system.

They should get rid of the discount at least in my opinion. You still get to select your player you just need to cough up a few more points.

The rule regarding picks in draft = available list spots was a good one.

Stopped teams just absolutely loading up on late picks that are equal to the value of a first rounder.

Complete and utter s**t that it’s gone now.

My position on academies hasn’t changed. They should all be AFL run and every player available to all clubs.

They’re an absolute rort designed to benefit the ‘growth area’ clubs.

I don't mind F/S and (lol) even northern academies. The other academies aren't necessary. That's just the AFL shirking its responsibility to grow the game.

But the Northern ones make sense. Maybe give the Northern clubs the opportunity to match one bid on their academy players in the first one and a half or two rounds and all the later bids.

F/S should stay.

Apologies if already been posted but the kid is a lunatic and i love it.

Funny, because Fogarty was regarded as the best thing since sliced bread during his draft year.

Has done SFA in his career to date.

The rule regarding picks in draft = available list spots was a good one.

Stopped teams just absolutely loading up on late picks that are equal to the value of a first rounder.

Complete and utter sh*t that it’s gone now.

My position on academies hasn’t changed. They should all be AFL run and every player available to all clubs.

They’re an absolute rort designed to benefit the ‘growth area’ clubs.
I thought it was back this year? Was something in The Age the other day.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Funny, because Fogarty was regarded as the best thing since sliced bread during his draft year.

Has done SFA in his career to date.
They beefed him up too much and he doesn't have a tank now. Will kill his career.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's pressure on pick 1 regardless, a few articles arent going to make a massive difference in the grand scheme of things.

With that being said, it is Cornes and SEN, so they're trying to milk whatever content they can.

Back