Player Watch Pick #12 (2018) - Zak Butters

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys that base their game around their speed tend to do poorly in wet weather. All three of Duursma, Butters and Rozee had below average games, but there's nothing you can do about it.

It's up to guys who are meant to win contested possession like Wines and Drew to pick up the slack in those games. They didn't.
Wines should absolutely be ashamed of himself.

Is it compulsory for Butters to do one unnecessary dumb turnover per game that leads to the oppo kicking a goal and killing our momentum??

Sure young players make errors, but Butters seems to go out of his way to do something unnecessarily dumb.

Is it compulsory for Butters to do one unnecessary dumb turnover per game that leads to the oppo kicking a goal and killing our momentum??

Sure young players make errors, but Butters seems to go out of his way to do something unnecessarily dumb.

Was Butters the one who did that s**t kick across to centre half back that was intercepted?

Was Butters the one who did that **** kick across to centre half back that was intercepted?
That sounds like the Clurey one.

Was Butters the one who did that **** kick across to centre half back that was intercepted?

No but Butters dropped an important uncontested mark at CHB then the effort to recover his mistake was very sub par and the Bulldogs got the ball back.

No but Butters dropped an important uncontested mark at CHB then the effort to recover his mistake was very sub par and the Bulldogs got the ball back.
That was a critical one in the 3rd quarter, but he did something in the first quarter, that I am struggling to remember that resulted in a goal, think the Bont was involved.

Straight after that Burton did his left-foot kick straight to the oppo for a second turn-over goal, absolutely putting the nail in the coffin!

That's the one I'm thinking of. That was the end of the game.

That was a critical one in the 3rd quarter, but he did something in the first quarter, that I am struggling to remember that resulted in a goal, think the Bont was involved.

He definitely dropped one in the first quarter, big jump at a chest mark where he was already turning mid-flight thinking of moving it on and dropped the mark. Too many things going on in his head at one time.

He fell over at critical times early on too that let the dogs get clear.

As Forzaport noted he steadied after his early errors and did some good things.

He definitely dropped one in the first quarter, big jump at a chest mark where he was already turning mid-flight thinking of moving it on and dropped the mark. Too many things going on in his head at one time.

He fell over at critical times early on too that let the dogs get clear.

As Forzaport noted he steadied after his early errors and did some good things.
My bad I thought it was the 3rd that he dropped that mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the one I'm thinking of. That was the end of the game.
The bigger difference was that when they did the same thing to us we fumbled the all, handballed it to an team mate under pressure and then shanked the goal.

It's still our forward line.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Im not going to judge Butters on last night, i think he will have a tough time making it at AFL level. He has been highly favored so far well above his actual out put by the coach who imo has no idea at all.
For him to develop and make some genuine room for himself at this level he will need someone better than hinkley. Make no mistake about that.

Butters has had a great season for a 1st year player. However, in recent weeks he has been reminiscent of Jake Neade- tries hard does a lot of running but is actually fairly ineffectual. He needs to put on some size and perhaps go and play some SANFL now that our list is injury free with the exception of Jack Watts.

He was one of our cleanest players last night but was sucked, probably by design, way too high up the field. Needs to play much closer to goal for the rest of the year.

The thing I have seen with Zak is that he never drops his head after he makes a blunder. He just gets up and goes again to chase or tackle or smother, good to see.

Thats the thing. Hes not beaten. Ok 1 quarter not great he kept going i thought that counted for plenty. Im not getting the sudden turning him into some kind of whipping boy for last night. If Zak was our biggest problem last night we would have bolted in.

Motlop. Ollie. Jonas. Farrell etc.

Our selection.

There is something slightly ridiculous about how Butters looks taking on grown ups but i liked most of what he did.

Might subject myself to the replay see if Im wrong.

Faith in Motlop is bringing us undone not faith in Butters.

At least Butters tried last night.

I don’t mind if he stays in the team, but I can see it being better for his development to spend some time as a SANFL midfielder.

He certainly doesn't need to develop in the SANFL, His body just needs to develop before he will be be able to really impact games to the level he is capable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back