Player Watch Pick #23 (2019) - Dylan Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think McMinty is close to AFL quality, but at least he can run out a game. That alone gives him a spot over Williams at the moment.

Here's hoping Williams has a big pre-season and we get too see if he's actually got what it takes.

I wouldn't play either of them at AFL level at the moment. Dylan definitely has better skills but doesn't work anywhere near hard enough on game day.
From what I've seen I think he is trying on game day, but just doesn't have the fitness or speed base. Its the off-season where he needs to work harder (and hopefully is).

Was dylan put into the middle last year?

he was kicking bags of goals and then it dried up mid season

Was moved to half back and played some good footy. A Rizonico-like revival as a defender beckons.

Not sure of his role in the 22, now we have Fantasia,SPP & Rioli.

But you'd think this will be his last chance if he can't at least get a gig in the main squad in 2023.
Two of those three will be lucky to make it out of a pre game warmup.

Very happy with this selection, shows we're not all about the fat and the broken skinny bloke forwards but were also about the uber talented blokes with no tanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having grown to 197cm, can he potentially hold down a key post? Freeing up Finlayson for full time ruck (/extra midfielder)

The first round SANFL side is going to be a rather interesting mix.
Provided everyone stays fit, there's going to be some real pressure for spots. Looking at both line ups, League and reserves, you could easily change personnel around between both grades and it still looks Ok. Watch out DBJ there coming.

Wasted pick. He isn’t going to make it. Not unless he has a lung transplant

pick a kid who might Make it

I'm with you

A decent sportsman at such a young age should be able to hit peak fitness in 2-3 weeks...........because they always keep a high base

the fact he isn't there, suggests he doesn't have the discipline or ability

To this day I don’t know what sort of player Dylan is. He was drafted as a mercurial forward who could jump on heads and kick goals from anywhere.
Robbie Gray” like.
I just think he doesn’t excel in any one thing and with his lack of athleticism I don’t know what they do with him.
He probably has more talent than half the team but those same players have a 1 wood that they get picked for Dylan doesn’t unfortunately.
Hopefully he gets a few games this year and proves me wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back