Player Watch Pick #23 (2019) - Dylan Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

To me I think the ultimate goal for Williams is the forward version of Toby Greene. Both Williams and Greene don't have express pace, size or skills but they just win 1-on-1 contests. Williams is a really nice mark, has an innate ability to kick wacky goals and has an effective, albeit odd, set shot routine. Like Greene he doesn't look like he should be a dominant footballer but he just is.

The challenge for Dylan is the fitness side of things and be able to get to enough contests to win them. At the moment at SANFL level he is able to play first class stints of 10 minute periods or quarters but then goes missing for the remainder of the game.
He doesn’t do enough without the football

Yea he’s one of those burst players who can attack the ball dodge and kick the goal a time or two most games but not much else .
He is the type who could possibly be better at the higher level but it’s a bit of a worry if he st hasn’t built up the tank to be considered

Dylan is lazy or just cant run enough upto AFL standard, certainly has the talent to be a 40 goal small forward

It takes time for some players, particularly those that are footballer over athlete types. I suspect his confidence has taken a hit in the step up to SANFL and Covid in 2020 wouldn’t have helped his continuity.

He has the ability and Port have a spot for him. He is one player that I really want to succeed for port as he will give us a different element to our half forward and midfield rotations.

I wonder if we should stick him at the ruckman’s feet for a few games. Tell him to win his own ball a bit, get him into games and build his confidence.

Hobbled off the bench at 3/4 time and struggled to get to the 3/4 huddle. Had a bag of ice strapped to his lower leg, looked more ankle than calf and IIRC on his right leg.

The way he went down made it look more like a corkie. Also how he came back on for a brief period of time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kicked 6.2 of 7.8. I didn't see the game but wow!

I can't immediately remember a time where a player kicked such a high percentage of the score like that.

it was even more dominant than it appears on paper. Like it’s not like if he hadnt of kicked those goals someone else would have… he manufactured those goals out of thin - air.

it was even more dominant than it appears on paper. Like it’s not like if he hadnt of kicked those goals someone else would have… he manufactured those goals out of thin - air.

Lucky delivery was so good and umpires so generous, right? 🤣🤣🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back