Player Watch Pick #52 (2013) - Darcy Byrne-Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol. That is even more of a mystery than the previous chart. What do these ratings represent?

Afl player ratings on afl website. Shows the 11 RS nominees. All those ratings are are a measure of positive ball movement mixed with defensive actions.

The first one is a points table accounting for both age and position. For instance a first year key defender in weitering has an expected low value. Harmes (a mature mid) is expected to score much more. Each column shows it in a different format with the percentage the best ranking. That table has DBJ 4th overall to this point.

The second graph is just score distribution, with DBJ showing consistent but not stunning games. Conversely harmes and Papleys numbers are too highly affected by big games.

On both those tables I think he is third in line however Petracca only playing 6 games could mean accounting for body of work DBJ is into second.

The term we used in Primary school (oh so many years ago) was Wally not woolly. It wouldn't surprise me that cRowe is so stupid he couldn't even the insult right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could this kid play in the midfield at all? don't get me wrong he's a quality small defender but he looks a bit Rory Sloane-ish at times (maybe it's just the bobbing hair and the way he moves) & you know he'd be rabid at the contest.

Could this kid play in the midfield at all? don't get me wrong he's a quality small defender but he looks a bit Rory Sloane-ish at times (maybe it's just the bobbing hair and the way he moves) & you know he'd be rabid at the contest.
I think the potential is there, as long as he puts some more bulk on his frame. Wouldn't play him there if he keeps doing such a great job in defence though.

I think the potential is there, as long as he puts some more bulk on his frame. Wouldn't play him there if he keeps doing such a great job in defence though.
Yea I'm just musing I wouldn't want to halt his development but I think he has ball hunting ability.

Lol the only Scotch I was involved in at school was the drinking kind and that was at Le Fevre High. :drunk:

Which teacher did you steal it from? :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back