Last edited:

DOM BARRY

180cm / 76kg

ca04666a5c2294e7f92b2b678ef02b15

Clubs: Glenelg

Positions: Wing, Outside Midfield

Comparison: Brad Hill

Stats:

Dom played every match for Glenelg in the SANFL and impressed with his consistency all year. He averaged 20 disposals, 4 marks and 4 inside 50s a game, whilst also kicking 16 goals in his 18 games. His consistency was a highlight, dropping below 15 disposals only once during the year.

Gamestyle:

Dom is a fast outside runner with explosive pace and good hurt factor. He loves to receive the ball outside of the contest before taking off, taking multiple bounces and delivering the ball down field. He has improved his fitness base and is capable of running all day. He loves to take the game on, has good evasiveness and kicks goals. His left foot kick can be damaging, but he does need to hit the target on the lead a bit more. After a few games with Melbourne earlier this decade, Dom knows what it will take to play AFL again.

Draft Range: 50 – Rookie

Dom has done as much as he can to put his name back into AFL contention. Super consistent year, very damaging, has been one of the stars in the SANFL this year. A team looking for outside speed and ball carrying ability will look towards Dom. He will start to come into thoughts from the 3rd round.

I ******* love our indigenous team and program. We can net guys like Dom, Motlop, Garner and have Thomas in the rookie draft help guide them into the right direction. Impey was a loose unit off the field and he didn't have any real mentors aside from Trengove. Dom is a good bloke aswell shown by the reason he came back to SA. SUper pumped for him hope he gets gamesin 2018; Didn't expect us to use 5 picks but happy we did

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I posted a few days ago that I expected us to draft Barry. Smart pick; he'll have immediate impact and has plenty of upside. And if it doesn't work out we'll know sooner rather than later.

DOM BARRY

180cm / 76kg

ca04666a5c2294e7f92b2b678ef02b15

Clubs: Glenelg

Positions: Wing, Outside Midfield

Comparison: Brad Hill

Stats:

Dom played every match for Glenelg in the SANFL and impressed with his consistency all year. He averaged 20 disposals, 4 marks and 4 inside 50s a game, whilst also kicking 16 goals in his 18 games. His consistency was a highlight, dropping below 15 disposals only once during the year.

Gamestyle:

Dom is a fast outside runner with explosive pace and good hurt factor. He loves to receive the ball outside of the contest before taking off, taking multiple bounces and delivering the ball down field. He has improved his fitness base and is capable of running all day. He loves to take the game on, has good evasiveness and kicks goals. His left foot kick can be damaging, but he does need to hit the target on the lead a bit more. After a few games with Melbourne earlier this decade, Dom knows what it will take to play AFL again.

Draft Range: 50 – Rookie

Dom has done as much as he can to put his name back into AFL contention. Super consistent year, very damaging, has been one of the stars in the SANFL this year. A team looking for outside speed and ball carrying ability will look towards Dom. He will start to come into thoughts from the 3rd round.
5cm taller yet 20 kg lighter than me. I’ve got him covered.

Hails from the same Junior Club as Tom Logan, left Alice as a young fella to study in Victoria on a Tennis Scholarship. Drafted to Melbourne and broke through for a few games, signed another contract extending his time there, but after a trip back home to Alice realised he missed a fair bit of his cultural upbringing. Took some time away from the game, held a job here and was a Great Role Model for the young Indigenous lads in the Area. Decided to give serious Footy another crack and played the year out at Glenelg.

It will be a book worth reading, I hope there are a few chapters to play out at Port Adelaide, The Second Chance, The Premiership Years and The Fulcrum.

Last edited:
I was impressed with him in Rd 1 v the Maggies under lights at the Bay in late April. He had exceptional speed and unlike Jasper who was planned to be set upon by 3 players we just didn't target to stop him and couldn't stop his blistering runs up the wings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back