Test Pick a likely Australian Test team for next summer's series against India

Remove this Banner Ad

So once the Big Bash is done what are the men doing? Time off before the IPL or are we jetting off somewhere briefly?

Starting on a Friday finally CA using there heads for once
CA certainly hasn't done us any favours in the past, but WA Cricket need to promote the hell out of this. It's still right in the middle of school term four so they need to encourage people to turn out, particularly on the weekend. I feel like they have also dropped the ball in recent times. I wouldn't be expecting much of a turnout to the ODI in Perth or anywhere, wonder if the WACA was a better option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CA certainly hasn't done us any favours in the past, but WA Cricket need to promote the hell out of this. It's still right in the middle of school term four so they need to encourage people to turn out, particularly on the weekend. I feel like they have also dropped the ball in recent times. I wouldn't be expecting much of a turnout to the ODI in Perth or anywhere, wonder if the WACA was a better option.
Agreed and they have signed up for the next 7 years for the first test in Perth...so yes WA cricket need to promote it.

Well at least it's starting on a Friday...thats a positive. Can't have the game starting on a Wednesday thats just stupid

Also should cancel all Grade Cricket/junior cricket for that weekend for a start

Look at incentives .......if you are playing junior cricket part of your membership goes towards getting a ticket to the West test...stuff like that

Cricket wise I think it's good for the Aussies having a touring team rock up playing on one of if not fastest bounciest pitches in the world for the first test. Should give us a significant advantage.

The ODIs and T20s v Pakistan will be ghost towns. Would’ve been mint if Pakistan and India could’ve joined us at the same time for a two week tri series instead, interest levels would’ve been off the charts.

first mens game of the summer at the MCG v pakistan (effectively a long weekend - the day before melbourne cup day).

will be interesting to see the crowd numbers considering the only other mens game is the test match.

Agreed and they have signed up for the next 7 years for the first test in Perth...so yes WA cricket need to promote it.

Well at least it's starting on a Friday...thats a positive. Can't have the game starting on a Wednesday thats just stupid

Also should cancel all Grade Cricket/junior cricket for that weekend for a start

Look at incentives .......if you are playing junior cricket part of your membership goes towards getting a ticket to the West test...stuff like that

Cricket wise I think it's good for the Aussies having a touring team rock up playing on one of if not fastest bounciest pitches in the world for the first test. Should give us a significant advantage.
You can’t cancel playing cricket so people can watch cricket lol.
What next?
The government should close all shops, shutdown tv and radio, all because WA people aren’t overly interested in attending Test Cricket?

The ODIs and T20s v Pakistan will be ghost towns. Would’ve been mint if Pakistan and India could’ve joined us at the same time for a two week tri series instead, interest levels would’ve been off the charts.
I would think that the India v Pakistan games would all be sell outs, with the Australian games coming in with less attendance. Would probably go to show how the Subcontinental diaspora has impacted Australian cricket as well

But there is just no space for it in the calendar. The Pakistan schedule is full, with the only possible option being to replace the Pak T20 series with the Tri-series.

1711676460841.png

Last edited:
You can’t cancel playing cricket so people can watch cricket lol.
What next?
The government should close all shops, shutdown tv and radio, all because WA people aren’t overly interested in attending Test Cricket?
You can incorporate a bye for that weekend for the West Test and make it part of the fixture...4seasons. It is a reason some people are not attending because they are playing grade /junior cricket that weekend...I played grade for years and couldn't make the tests as I was playing cricket on the weekend...it doesn't have to be all weekend you could make a ODI fixture on the sunday instead and keep the Sat open .or just miss a week in the fixture

Get the WACA which runs the grades to talk to the premier cricket club presidents and discuss it with them....We have signed up for 7 seasons for the first test...which most likely will be late November ...so lets try something and make it into an event ...and incorporate the junior and grade clubs...and lets face it they are the grassroots of cricket make it a celebration of WA cricket for the West test....Present the Pennant to the Premier Grade Winner from last year during the lunch/tea break during the test on a Sat...stuff like that

The ability of Marcus Harris to beat up on first-class sides has never been in doubt. He just hasn't translated that to test level.

He didn’t get an easy run of opponents in Tests, 12/14 are against England and India. Helps when you get some crap sides like Labs to take the pressure off.

He didn’t get an easy run of opponents in Tests, 12/14 are against England and India. Helps when you get some crap sides like Labs to take the pressure off.

and he won't get an easy run if he eventually makes it back. half of our tests that we play are against england and india.

end of the day we are either making room for harris to squeeze back in - which is unlikely.
or waiting for an injury or a khawaja retirement.

if he's the best we have got, then he'll make it back at some point.
let's hope some young players step up in the shield this summer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back