Opinion Pies to play Metallica Nothing Else Matters as pregame entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing else matters?
What a Massive insult to All Australian bands, especially Melbourne bands.
For me, this is a perfect song for the year.
It should be plural, as boys named E Maguire and N Buckley will, or should be sacked, and dacked by us all if by round 8 we are not in the 8....

Painters and Dockers
The Boy who lost his jocks on Flinders St Station

Sourced from music lover at extreme black and white. Words to nothing else matters adapted for the Pies

Netball, no matter who cares
Couldn't be further from a flag
Forever president of this club
And nothing else matters

Never challenge myself any more
Club is mine, I live it my way
All these words, I just feed chooks
And nothing else matters

Pubs and netball and charities too
Every day for us something new
I'm back on the footy show
And nothing else matters

Never cared about members
Never cared for what they want
And I'm Pres ....

Nathan's coach, that's how I want it
How many years until my statue?
Forever trusting my sons' calls
And nothing else matters

Lol, yeah with two of the top 50 rated guitarists of all time banging away.

Don't forget one of the greatest bassist of all time. RIP Cliff. (Trujillo just a pale imitation but damn good in his own right)
One of the best lead guitarists of all time. (Mustaine - Kirk's still an imposter 30 years later)
One of the best rhythym guitarists (Hetfield)
....err and Lars.

When I heard they were using a "Metal" song, I knew it would be Metallica - what other metal bands are commercially 'safe' enough to use? So many great songs, awesome riffs, repeating chorus to make for easily manipulated singalong/15 second sets.

Seek and Destroy. Jump in the Fire. Whiplash. Four Horseman.
All of Ride the Lightning (seriously that Album is awesome and horribly underrated)
Sanitarium. Battery. Master of Puppets

Even Enter Sandman - safe, predictable - boring. (Hurt by media saturation, but a good song in and of itself).

But Nothing Else Matters?

The song that 'ruined' Metallica. When Jaymez (seriously - who does that?) wrote that for his girlfriend at the time, it was the beginning of the end.

Last edited:
Don't forget one of the greatest bassist of all time. RIP Cliff. (Trujillo just a pale imitation but damn good in his own right)
One of the best lead guitarists of all time. (Mustaine - Cliff's still an imposter 30 years later)
....err and Lars.

When I heard they were using a "Metal" song, I knew it would be Metallica - what other metal bands are commercially 'safe' enough to use? So many great songs, awesome riffs, repeating chorus to make for easily manipulated singalong/15 second sets.

All of Ride the Lightning (seriously that Album is awesome and horribly underrated)

Even Enter Sandman - safe, predictable - boring. (Hurt by media saturation, but a good song in and of itself).

The song that 'ruined' Metallica. When Jaymez (seriously - who does that?) wrote that for his girlfriend at the time, it was the beginning of the end.
Why not “One”? The opening verse sounds like a man sitting through a Collingwood game;

“I can’t remember anything,
Can’t tell if this is true or dream
But deep down inside I feel the scream,
This terrible silence stops with me

Now that the war is through with me,
I’m waking up, I cannot see
That there’s not much left of me,
Nothing is real but pain now

Hold my breath as I wish for death
Oh please God help me!”

(Sorry if I got a line or two wrong, I haven’t heard this song in at least a decade and I’m going from memory).

One of the best lead guitarists of all time. (Mustaine - Cliff's still an imposter 30 years later)
....err and Lars.

Kirk says hello...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not “One”? The opening verse sounds like a man sitting through a Collingwood game;

“I can’t remember anything,
Can’t tell if this is true or dream
But deep down inside I feel the scream,
This terrible silence stops with me

Now that the war is through with me,
I’m waking up, I cannot see
That there’s not much left of me,
Nothing is real but pain now

Hold my breath as I wish for death
Oh please God help me!”

(Sorry if I got a line or two wrong, I haven’t heard this song in at least a decade and I’m going from memory).

That is the best guitar work I have ever heard in a song, the way it builds it awesome. I get exhausted listening to it, don't know how they play it live.

What I love is 'bogan' band. Yet if you know what is behind the lyrics, more meaning than most.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back