Review Player Review vs St Kilda (The Live Edition)

Stupid nicknames

• Yay

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Nay

Votes: 16 59.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I/'m still not understanding why Adams isn't being used in Luke Ball's old role of in and under mid.

It's literally the only thing he's good for.

I mean, MAYBE he could carve out a career as a crumbing forward? Maybe?

He'll never be Luke Ball based simply on skill. Ball was an extractor but he also used both sides of his body effectively and he linked well with other players. Tay is limited. He's tough and courageous but he's also one sided and lacks vision.
If I'm a selector I'm looking hard at Sier as that "in tight" extractor and Tay is looking a bit shaky cos he's limited.

35. Jet Stephenson (7/10)

Not since Dale Thomas have we seen a kid as impactful in his first year at the pies. And Jet might be even better than Daisy. I dunno. I was younger and much less interested in footy back in Daisy's first year. One of you veterans tell me.

I’ll take a crack!

Hindsight adds some points to Daisy probably. But I would say Dale Thomas just shades him — on face value. When he came on the scene it was nothing like I’d personally seen before from a first year player. He was just super exciting. I would say what he had over Stephenson (for now) was he was very good overhead & had a good leap on him (I vaguely recall him taking a screamer pretty early on). Was ‘flair’ personified. Had great old school footy skills and luck.

Stevo is faster (from what I can see), but Dale ran his guts out & was high on 1%ers. They both run jump and clap their hands when manning the mark (love that!). Pretty sure Daisy never kicked 5 though?

So they’re quite similar but maybe Daisy for the overhead talent. Then again... Stephenson gets to some good spots in the forward line.

So, both similar but slightly different. But I guess I’d favour Daisy on the basis that he could play forward, in the outside middle, half back (on first year potential), whereas on first year potential maybe I see Stevo as an elite half forward/ winger!? Someone will probably debate that. Both guns though. Hopefully Stephenson has a higher ceiling and better first year though.

I’ll take a crack!

Hindsight adds some points to Daisy probably. But I would say Dale Thomas just shades him — on face value. When he came on the scene it was nothing like I’d personally seen before from a first year player. He was just super exciting. I would say what he had over Stephenson (for now) was he was very good overhead & had a good leap on him (I vaguely recall him taking a screamer pretty early on). Was ‘flair’ personified. Had great old school footy skills and luck.

Stevo is faster (from what I can see), but Dale ran his guts out & was high on 1%ers. They both run jump and clap their hands when manning the mark (love that!). Pretty sure Daisy never kicked 5 though?

So they’re quite similar but maybe Daisy for the overhead talent. Then again... Stephenson gets to some good spots in the forward line.

So, both similar but slightly different. But I guess I’d favour Daisy on the basis that he could play forward, in the outside middle, half back (on first year potential), whereas on first year potential maybe I see Stevo as an elite half forward/ winger!? Someone will probably debate that. Both guns though. Hopefully Stephenson has a higher ceiling and better first year though.

Nailed it I reckon!

I’ll take a crack!

I'm one of the few who still love Daisy, butI'd go with Stevo comfortably for Year 1 contribution. Daisy had some wow moments, but lacked a tank thus did not go beyond moments in Year 1.

I/'m still not understanding why Adams isn't being used in Luke Ball's old role of in and under mid.

It's literally the only thing he's good for.

I mean, MAYBE he could carve out a career as a crumbing forward? Maybe?
Double edged sword is Tay. If we play him where he will get the most possessions then we are just exponentially increasing the number of times we hand the ball back to the opposition. He's no forward.
Back pocket maybe... If he can kick long down the line only and without it going out on the full. Big If.

Back