Mod. Notice Player Sponsor or Captain's Club?

Preferred Sponsorship Package

• Player Sponsor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Captain's Club

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We have a question for those that have contributed towards player sponsorship.

The club has advised us that they have more player sponsors than players this season and have asked if we would like to move up a category to Captain's Club level.

This means we would not be associated with a specific player, but would get more benefits as a group, including additional Before the Bounce events (5 instead of 2), Invitation to the BnF and Season Launch, plus a barbeque with the captain, vice-captain and selected players in an inner sanctum, pre-season event (this may be shared with other sponsors, we are seeking clarification).

Captain's Club is also more expensive and at the moment we do not have the required amount so may need more contributors or contributions from existing contributors.

Please pick a category in the attached poll and if you have any questions before you can decide ask them here and we will follow up.

Yeah a rough idea on how much more needs to be contributed would be good.

Edit: ok been answered.

Personally I can't afford to contribute any more as I've been wacked with a hefty road fine, but I'm happy to upgrade if we can get some more people in.

Well that's a pleasant surprise in one respect.

I voted for the Captain's Club - happy to contribute a few more dollars if needed. At least there are more opportunities for our members.

Can I just ask,

Would we all be invited to the events, or just 2 of us like the other events?

If its a bit more open for more to attend, I am keen. I can put in another $50, possibly $100 if its really needed.

Extra $ will be an issue because not everyone will be able to put up the extra (would work out to under $20/person given the numbers we have).

But it is also about what your preference is - do you want to sponsor a player or be part of the Captain's Club?

I would assume it would only be two. Most sponsor readings I have seen it always refers to too. So logistically it will make it difficult to share the functions around IMO.

I also like the idea of being attached to a specific player whoever that would be. The other stuff is good but not the same IMO. But if the masses decide to upgrade who am I to argue.

Would rather stick with player sponsor, as I'm not going to be putting my hand up for functions and the like anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I just ask,

Would we all be invited to the events, or just 2 of us like the other events?

If its a bit more open for more to attend, I am keen. I can put in another $50, possibly $100 if its really needed.

More events but invitations are generally for two people.

Paul Rofe advised the club can still organise for a player to attend a barbeque that we host as a group.

Rather than force everyone to put a bit extra in, which may be messy to get done, how about see if we can get to the number required with a couple adding abit extra, and allocate "shares", as mentioned, I'm happoy to chipp another $100.

Ie - for every $25 someone has put in, you get 1 share.

$100 - 4 shares
$200 - 8 shares

etc

then whenever we need to select a smaller number of people to attend things, win items etc, we can have a draw, the more shares you have, the more tickets in the draw. (Perhaps though, once you have won something you're out the draw).

Just my thoughts.

already we seem to have another couple hundred in pledges, and I noticed a couple people indicated they were disappointed to miss the boat last time that may be keen .

this seems to be what we get (have deleted a few irrelevant bits):

PAFC PLATINUM CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Two PAFC Platinum Club memberships, including 10% discount on food at the Port Club, 20% discount on merchandise at the Power megastore and guaranteed access to purchase a Grand Final ticket if the Power is a competing club

AAMI STADIUM BENEFITS
Two AAMI Stadium Essential Power Memberships, providing you access to all 11 Power home games and access to all SANFL finals and 4 minor round SANFL matches. These tickets entitle you to upgrade to AAMI Stadium Ultimate Membership.
One car park for the season and two Reserved undercover seats in the corporate enclosure.

2011 TEAM PHOTO & POWER BROKER MERCHANDISE
You will be presented with the 2011 Team Photo and receive an exclusive Power Broker tie, ladies scarf and pin

THE CAPTAIN'S CLUB
The Captain’s Club provides outstanding access to almost everything “Power”…for two people in Season 2011.

MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY
5 “Before the Bounce” Pre-match functions including half time in the Magarey room
2 additional half time functions in the Magarey room

CLUB EVENTS
- Corporate Partner Showdown Event
- Season Launch
- Power Goes…. Gala Auction
- Best & Fairest

POWERFUL EXPERIENCE
Pre-season BBQ experience with Captain, Vice Captain and Senior Players at the Allan Scott Power Headquarters indoor facility

Its seems that the captains club will give us about 22 or so unique slots for people to have a chance to get a guernsey to, plus the members tickets, photos etc ....

Yeah thinking about it divvying up the events to people could be a bit difficult, some have contributed more than others and it could cause a bit of angst amongst everyone whos contributed. I think the pure player sponsorship is the way to go.

Not going to get many events in Perth so I would prefer the sponsored player. Can afford to chip in for the captains club thing but I don't get any additonal satisfaction from it.

"me me me me me"

From a purely selfish point of view I vote player sponsor as there is less things that Macca, Ford and I have to co-ordinate.

Although if we could have a BBQ with the team leaders and many more than 2of us could attend, passing on the collective wisdom of this board to the team leaders would be worth the extra hassles. :) :cool:

In the end its whether people want a greater opportunity to get their name called out in the draw due to the larger number of events, or whether we'd prefer to sponsor a specific player with less opportunity re: events.

I'd hope people wouldnt get angsty as already theres a large range of dollars contributed by people, from $200 to $150 to $125 to $110 to $100.

If captains club gets up i'd be happy to throw in another $75-100 to help get it over the line.

I should say I don't need to go to functions as I get most of them this year anyway. So if it goes to Captain my Captain, my spot can be removed from the list :)

I'm surprised that player sponsors was allowed to be oversold.

My preferance is player sponsors but am happy to chip in a bit extra for Captain's club if need be.

I'd prefer player sponsor as well, but can chip in again if needed. The mods have spent time organising it to this level so far and the time and effort to go round again would be painful for them as REH point outs.

Wouldn't it be easier for the club to upsell individuals and companies who want player sponsorship to the Captain's Club anyways. Only one person per sponsor to convince then.

The biggest selling point for mine on the player sponsor would be to get everyone from the board together with the player for a bit of a knees up.

Back