Mod. Notice Player Sponsor or Captain's Club?

Preferred Sponsorship Package

• Player Sponsor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Captain's Club

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm happy to join this cause with $100. My preference would be for Captain's Club linked to a player.

You're making this easier *. If You and Moses01 chip in we are there with the no GST Captain's Club package with a few $$ left over and we can give a definitive the club tomorrow arvo as requested by them.

Will get Macca to send you a PM over the weekend re organising payment.

It seems to have been overlooked that despite this barbecue thing being tacked on, there will be no recognition of Port Board @ Bigfooty with the captain's club arrangement. Nothing on a locker, nothing in PTTP, no branding at all. No way in which awareness of our community here is increased among Port fans. Aren't we trying to be seen to be supporting the club in addition to just, you know, supporting it?

In addition, we also don't get the one tangible thing that event non-attendees might get a crack at in a lottery - signed, framed photo of player.

It seems to have been overlooked that despite this barbecue thing being tacked on, there will be no recognition of Port Board @ Bigfooty with the captain's club arrangement. Nothing on a locker, nothing in PTTP, no branding at all. No way in which awareness of our community here is increased among Port fans. Aren't we trying to be seen to be supporting the club in addition to just, you know, supporting it?

In addition, we also don't get the one tangible thing that event non-attendees might get a crack at in a lottery - signed, framed photo of player.

All good points...

Not quite right Porthos. We'd still get branding in PTTP, the Annual Report, Match Days, Presentations - all Power Broker levels get this as standard. The locker is the only thing we wouldnt be branded on under CC.

Which is a fair point.

Look, we just thought we'd put it out there what everyone wanted to do. The club approached us with an offer to bump up the level of sponsorship at a reduced cost still with a player attachment.

There is another option that we can take under the player sponsor which is to take the player sponsor upgrade which for $550 gives us Stadium Room hospitality for 3 games during the year.

You are right Porthos we do miss out on some branding opportunities but we still get other branding not none.

All 4 Power Broker packages get the following - see the bold bits

All 2012 Power Broker Packages will include:

• 2 x Platinum Upgrade Memberships, including 10% discount on main menu items as the Port Club, 20% discount on Merchandise at the Power Megastore

• Guaranteed access to purchase two (2) AFL Grand Final tickets should Port Adelaide be a competing club

• 10% discount on main menu items at the Prince of Wales

• 2 x AAMI Stadium Essential Power Memberships, including access to all 11 Power home games as well as access to all SANFL finals and 4 minor round SANFL matches

• 1 x AAMI Stadium Season Car Park for all 11 home games

• Reserved seating in the undercover corporate enclosure

• 2012 Team Photo

• Exclusive 2012 Power Broker merchandise including tie, ladies scarf, football scarf, pin and specific “Power Broker” Membership Card

Your company will receive text recognition in all Club publications, all AV presentations at Club events and at match day events

Listing on the new and improved PAFC Online Business Directory

We miss out on the following

PLAYER SPONSOR

POWER EXPERIENCE

• Player Sponsor Guernsey Presentation: An invitation for the whole family to attend PAFC Family Day where you will enjoy lunch and beverages followed by a Guernsey presentation to your player on
stage and a tour of the player facilities (hospitality provided for 2 only)

• Player Sponsor Lunch: An intimate lunch with your player during the season at the Port Club

• Player Appearance: A personal visit from your player at a mutually agreed time and place during the season

[ The lunch and appearnce are combined with the BBQ]

RECOGNITION

• Signed framed photo of your player

• An additional photo of your player with you or your company name to be displayed at the Port Club

• Your name or company name will be displayed on your player’s locker in the Alberton change rooms

I guess we should just go with the majority vote. I know quiet a few have said you are happy either way and haven't voted, but if you can all vote it makes this decision helps guide Ford's and Macca's final decision.

I have changed my mind on this about 4 times today as the extra benefits are tempting, the club gets more money but there are some down sides as you pointed out Porthos.

Moses01 and * deciding to contribute at the 11th hour, has made it easier to contemplate an upgrade.

I'm also happy with either option and will go with the flow.

In terms of extra contributions and expectations:

- I am willing to contribute up to an extra $100 (could do more if really needed).
- Main event I would like to see is a BBQ/Group get together with player(s)... anything else is gravy.

I do like the idea of a "Group Buddy" though.

I have spoken with the club and the signed, framed picture will also be included so those who can't get to the events have the chance of a prize.

Effectively we are being offered Captain's Club + most player sponsorship benefits, except the invitation for 2 to attend the player sponsor night for extra cost (but still less than the full amount).

Thinking about this since your PM Ford and seeing as Moses01 reckons he is willing to chip in, then taking up the club's option of giving us a player to pick from, having him as an ambassador, still being able to do the BBQ and having the GST waived then I reckon we should take up the option, as there are extra events, but we don't get our name on the locker, and miss out on the player sponsor guernsey night, but who knows we might be able to sneak some one in.

If Moses01 chips in $125 then we are only $15 short and I'll pay that. If he only chips in $100 then I will rope you in to split the difference. ;)

If we do a BBQ, I reckon all those that attend should chip in $10 and I will organise food etc, or maybe $20 and I'll do the booze also.

By my calculations we have enough now, but it would be handy to get some more people on board just to give us a chance at some other options during the year or a head start on next year.

I have spoken with the club and the signed, framed picture will also be included so those who can't get to the events have the chance of a prize.

Effectively we are being offered Captain's Club + most player sponsorship benefits, except the invitation for 2 to attend the player sponsor night for extra cost (but still less than the full amount).
If that's the case it's a no brainer.

Well done to the Club in accommodating. Top stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was going to post another poll but going by comments in this thread, conservatively at least half a dozen will change their vote to Captain's Club (3 x mods, REH, TSW, sog35) making the vote at this stage 17-7 in favour of the CC option.

The club has advised we will have around 30 players to choose from as our ambassador.

I will add that the club came to us and asked if we could make the change to help them out. It's not been a decision made out of the blue by the board organisers. I would like to think we will do what we can to help the club out and as they have been very generous in what they are offering to make the switch I'm comfortable with changing my vote.

Yeah, with these modifications, captain's seems OK.

Looks like Captains Club it is! Cant wait to see who we get to choose from!! Many thanks to Ford for doing all the liaising with Paul at the club to get all this organised :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Doesn't bother me either way. I'm easy.

Does that mean we get to choose our ambassador?

Yes. There's a group of around 30 that haven't been allocated as ambassadors.

Once we agree the club will send through the list.

Looks like Captains Club it is! Cant wait to see who we get to choose from!! Many thanks to Ford for doing all the liaising with Paul at the club to get all this organised :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

And many thanks to Paul Rofe for his generous negotiations on behalf of the PAFC. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Back