Prediction Poll added: Who will be our highest rated Rising Star?

Who will be our highest rated Rising Star

• Brodie Kemp

Votes: 38 46.3%
  • Sam Philp

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • Corey Durdin

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • Jack Carroll

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Jesse Motlop

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • Josh Honey

Votes: 15 18.3%
  • Luke Parks (rookie)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dom Akuie (rookie)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

GapInIkonPark

Premiership Player
Nov 22, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Players must be under 21 on 1 January and played 10 matches or less.

Carlton players eligible for nomination for the 2022 award:
(as at the end of the ND and RD, not including any supplemental listed players)

- Brodie Kemp
- Sam Philp
- Corey Durdin
- Jack Carroll
- Jesse Motlop
- Josh Honey
- Luke Parks (rookie)
- Dom Akuie (rookie)

Last year’s OP …

Players must be under 21 on 1 January and played 10 matches or less.

Carlton players eligible for nomination for the 2021 award (as at the end of the ND):

- Liam Stocker
- Brodie Kemp
- Sam Philp
- Sam Ramsay
- Corey Durdin
- Jack Carroll
- Josh Honey (rookie)
- Matthew Cottrell (rookie)
- Luke Parks (rookie)

I think Kemp and Stocker are our best chances for nominations in Season 2020, with Durdin and Carroll more likely in 2021.

OP from last year’s thread ...

I am backing in Kemp and Philp for nominations in 2022.

Kemp because he is currently part of our best 22 IMO, and will play in positions that see the ball more.

Honey and Motlop will get chances to excite in front of goals so they are in the running.

If Carroll finds his way into the senior side in the first month or so, he could potentially win this hands down as he will accumulate in the engine room.

I salvaged this thread from page 5 (D word page 2 and Bluemours no discussion page 4!)

Durdin is our Round 9 nominee

I think Carroll will get a nomination this year and how good was Motlop in his first game!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I salvaged this thread from page 5 (D word page 2 and Bluemours no discussion page 4!)

Durdin is our Round 9 nominee

I think Carroll will get a nomination this year and how good was Motlop in his first game!
Durdin, Carroll, Kemp, Motlop and possibly Honey.

We finally have doubters, many on our own board recognising where we are at. Vossy and team have “caught up” on the development of our more mature guys. Galvanised the group and added structure.

The biggest problem now is giving these young stars opportunity. We have a handful of high price, high profile recruits who may just be forced to spend the back end of their contracts in the twos. Our “underperforming” in recent years have given us a perfect storm. Talented 22-25 year olds just now realising their potential, traded in high end talent bought to fill perceived holes that largely are no longer there and the above, a half dozen or so 22 and under top end talents forging a path and threatening to usurp their higher profile elders.

We have well over 30 genuine best 22 players. Even our depth players are elevating more than we dare to dream. Competition for spots is going to maximise performance for the foreseeable future. Get complacent and welcome to the ressies. Everyone preaching patience, we are a year or two away…maybe. The layers are growing, literally week by week.

Back