Preview Port Adelaide vs Footscray, Friday Night

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1651582044346.png
Whoops, a bit late this week, but only 3 days until the opportunity to seal the fate of our 10 year caretaker coach. Despite the Bulldogs similarly uninspiring form, we all know that they will bring out the Globetrotters on our General arses, before lapsing into their traditional ordinariness for the remainder of the season.

It starts in the middle. It always starts in the middle against the Bulldogs, where they flick the balll around by hand whilst Wines, Boak, Drew et al stand around in wonder like children engrossed by the sleight of hand of a magician.

Aaron Naughton has been spectacularly insipid this season, so look for a 10 goal haul, several pack-bursting marks and for Cody Weightman to win his the usual phantom frees for Incidental Hair Ruffing. Ay least there's no Josh Bruce, aka MiniTex.

Can we win? Yeah. Will we win? Computer says no.

Bulldogs by 71 points.

Expecting a bit of a touch up here. We’re working through our form issues but our midfield is still so meh. Bailey Smith to once again tear us a new a-hole

After watching Franco Cozzo on Australian Story last week, if you're not going to call them the Bulldogs then call them

Foot-a-scraay​

Last edited:

I'm impressed. Did you randomly look this up, or have you read about the legendary furniture salesman?

A few years ago a local Foot-a-scraay comedian got involved in making the Bulldogs banner as he basically said they were boring as batshit, so the cheer squad said, well ok you come and help us make them better. This was one of his efforts.

My mistake last week it was Palazzo Di Cozzo not Australian Story I watched on the ABC about Franco's life.

1651594159778.png

Last edited:
I'm impressed. Did you randomly look this up, or have you read about the legendary furniture salesman?

That video has been posted in BigFooty. I have no idea where I saw it, but I did.

I didn’t remember his name, but your post gave me all the clues I needed. I was sure it was about the Italian furniture guy from Melbourne.

I just searched “Franco Cozzo” on YouTube, and the first video was the one I had seen.

Only Port would be expected to play in awful conditions in Cairns, and then be expected to back up 6 days later. If this is tight for 3 quarters, expect the Dogs to run away with it in the last.

I wouldn't be too concerned, this game will be over in the first 10 mins

Our defence holds up. Our midfield has the potential to become ruthless. Todd/Finlayson and Robbie is a potent forward line.

I really like our line up as it currently stands.
We should expect a win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A win would ensure Ken is here for the year. Each win needs at least two losses to build enough pressure afterwards. Assuming no lucky wins that’s round 14 done. At which point our spineless admin will say it’s too late in the year to do a new coach.

So unfortunately I’m tipping we win.

We owe the Dogs one but I still wouldn't be tipping us.

Our home form is terrible and I wouldn't be taking anything from the West Coast game.

Only Port would be expected to play in awful conditions in Cairns, and then be expected to back up 6 days later. If this is tight for 3 quarters, expect the Dogs to run away with it in the last.
Remember the building up to the prelim last year?

All the talks as about the Bulldogs disrupted prep.

We can't handle big occasion games at all. Look at the Russell Ebert tribute match. Yes, we come out hard, like when we were going to terrorise Lachie Neale, but that means we play stupid and overcommit.

When we try to play with intensity, we get panicky and fumbly, give away free kicks, get too many players drawn to the contest and then start hack panic kicking.

It's almost as if someone's told them they just need to try really hard (work hardery) and the football part will take care of itself. The effort part is usually not what's lacking.

Sack our s**t coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back