Preview Port Adelaide vs Footscray, Friday Night

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is season defining, win this, with the Kangas to come, suddenly from 0-5, improving to 4-5 becomes very achievable.

Lose and it'll be mathematically possible, but realistically it'd be the final nail in our hopes.

I'm not really sure where either of these sides really stand though right now. The Dogs best is frightening, ours is far more measured. Of course we can win, we beat these guys at their own ground with it all to play for in Rnd 23 last year. However I'm just not sure we'll be able to stand up at the start of the match when the Dogs have continually blown us out of the water. Nor do I have confidence that at AO when the whips are cracking in a tight finish, that we wont choke.

The following are our starts against the Dogs in our last 5. Having lost 3 of the last 4 at AO against the Dogs.

2019 Round 15 (AO)- WB 3.2 to PA 1.2 - Lost
2020 Round 10 (AO) - WB 2.5 to PA 1.2 - Won
2021 Round 9 (AO)- WB 5.2 to PA 1.0 - Lost
2021 Round 23 (Mvl)- WB 4.0 to PA 0.2 - Won
2021 Prelim Fin (AO)- WB 5.2 to PA 0.0 - Lost

Last edited:

I’d be interested in the relative free kick count in our first quarters. Against The Saints, I think the saints had 7 free kicks before we got one. The umpires’ influence on the game was huge.

An 8 point game for me. Huge game, not only in the context of our season but it also should be personal due to what happened in last years prelim.

Yeah we get a 6 day break after Cairns, big deal, pack the excuses away and just go out there and beat these pr!cks.

I feel like last week was the opportunity to get us on a roll and see what happens, but believe it or not this week is the opportunity to put us right back in finals contention. Melbourne, Brisbane and Freo all look pretty good but the rest of the comp is really even and beatable. We can string some games together and come home strong but that push home might struggle with a loss on friday night.

This is season defining, win this, with the Kangas to come, suddenly from 0-5, improving to 4-5 becomes very achievable.

Lose and it'll be mathematically possible, but realistically it'd 100% the final nail in our hopes.

I'm not really sure where either of these sides really stand though right now. The Dogs best is frightening, ours is far more measured. Of course we can win, we beat these guys at their own ground with it all to play for in Rnd 23 last year. However I'm just not sure we'll be able to stand up at the start of the match when the Dogs have continually blown us out of the water. Nor do I have confidence that at AO when the whips are cracking in a tight finish, that we wont choke.

The following are our starts against the Dogs in our last 5. Having lost 3 of the last 4 at AO against the Dogs.

2019 Round 15 (AO)- WB 3.2 to PA 1.2 - Lost
2020 Round 10 (AO) - WB 2.5 to PA 1.2 - Won
2021 Round 9 (AO)- WB 5.2 to PA 1.0 - Lost
2021 Round 23 (Mvl)- WB 4.0 to PA 0.2 - Won
2021 Prelim Fin (AO)- WB 5.2 to PA 0.0 - Lost
The good ol' Hinkley pre-game rev-up in glorious high definition there. It's almost as if after 10 years the players have tuned out.

someone post the AO night game stats pls and then tell us how we're gonna win... this will be another nail in the hinkley coffin.
Friday night's its 9-4.

It's Saturday night's we struggle, 8-17.

Lose and it'll be mathematically possible, but realistically it'd be the final nail in our hopes.

I'm not looking forward to seeing the smugness from Ken if we end up 4-5 in a couple of weeks.

It would be nice to get away with a competitive first quarter for a change. We have managed 9.16 in seven games this season and 5.2 of that came from one game! :oops:

4.14 over 6 games is pathetic and a good example of the Coach's inability to get the message across to the playing group.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great stat. This is just AO, so all Hinkley era then right?

As particular timeslot stat, at home 8-17 at home is crazy! Must make up a huge percentage of our losses Vs number of games in that timeslot.
Yep since AO redevelopment 2014 and in the daytime stats there includes the 2011 day game v Melbourne.

tribey listed all the 47 night games at AO after the showdown, and I broke them up into time slots at the following post. He had the final positions of the teams in 47 night games. His summary was

Versus Top-8: 9-18........ EDIT have done a quick calculation its 6-9 v top 1st-4th and 3-9 v top 5th-8th
Versus Bottom-10: 14-4
Versus Yet To Be Determined: 0-2

When we were 23-24. We now are 23-25.

You can adjust them to how you want.

and later down the page I have done our win loss ratio for all 101 games by
Night and day of the week
Daytime and day of the week and
Twilight and day of the week

Last edited:
Not sure if this means much and Trav is giving us and the coaches a warning, but in his SEN Melbourne interview this morning he said the following about the game in Cairns:

"This is probably the most challenging game, conditions wise, I reckon I've ever played in."

Might be a warning that the players will struggle a bit on Friday night. Lets see how good the High Performance staff is, to get all players thru without running out of gas, and if Hinkley is smart enough not to risk guys who are sore and struggling and play good blokes/mates. A bit of ruthless and brave selection we were told he would make back in October 2012 is needed.

Listen to all of Trav's interview at;

Not sure if this means much and Trav is giving us and the coaches a warning, but in his SEN Melbourne interview this morning he said the following about the game in Cairns:

"This is probably the most challenging game, conditions wise, I reckon I've ever played in."

Might be a warning that the players will struggle a bit on Friday night. Lets see how good the High Performance staff is, to get all players thru without running out of gas, and if Hinkley is smart enough not to risk guys who are sore and struggling and play good blokes/mates. A bit of ruthless and brave selection we were told he would make back in October 2012 is needed.

Listen to all of Trav's interview at;

i know boak is a performance freak, but at 33 years of age surely they should consider resting him, as well as any of the other older members of the squad who are struggling to recover?

who am i kidding, hinkley is trying to save his career. he'll probably put charlie dixon on one leg out there.

A lot of talk about the 6 day break from the hard slog in cairns but it is probably worth noting the dogs have a 5 day break.

Some of our best footy we’ve put together in the entire Hinkley era was during 2020 when we were backing up and playing footy with 4-5 day breaks when they were trying to play catch up on that season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I understand the Hinkley frustrations but surely everyone is hoping we somehow make finals right? More money, better sponsors, better experience for players, etc etc. besides Hinkley is signed for 2023, naturally the club will back him publicly. It’s not about building pressure from losses. The club is reviewing everything at season’s end regardless of outcome and Hinkley’s tenure would be a part of that. Besides I hate losing.

I feel this will either be a replay of the prelim or we smash em and win by 20 odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back