2nds Port Adelaide vs Sturt - Qualifying Final @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

No surprise there he plays on the edge and imo gives away too many dumb frees.
Btw have any regular Magpie watchers noticed Lobbe being on the end of oppo anger lately, especially the last month or so?
Maybe he has a mouth on him, either that or his sense of humour is not shared by everybody.
Against south they were all saying get stuck into him, he doesn't like it... clearly a direction from the coach who spent a lot of time here thinking he is soft and doesn't like getting some attention.

No surprise there he plays on the edge and imo gives away too many dumb frees.
Btw have any regular Magpie watchers noticed Lobbe being on the end of oppo anger lately, especially the last month or so?
Maybe he has a mouth on him, either that or his sense of humour is not shared by everybody.
I saw the anger directed at Lobbe a few weeks back. I think what happens is some dim witted opponent starts yapping about how he is the most highly paid SANFL footballer of all time. Lobbe finally has had enough and puts an 'edge' on a tackle... Lobbe likes to get his knees dirty so to speak.

I take my hat off to the big Lobster - his form has improved every week for the past month.
Perhaps leave a extension decision a little longer though. ;)

I take my hat off to the big Lobster - his form has improved every week for the past month.
Perhaps leave a extension decision a little longer though. ;)
If he can get up to speed to be a valid AFL back up, everyone wins!

I saw the anger directed at Lobbe a few weeks back. I think what happens is some dim witted opponent starts yapping about how he is the most highly paid SANFL footballer of all time. Lobbe finally has had enough and puts an 'edge' on a tackle... Lobbe likes to get his knees dirty so to speak.
So some guys are yapping at a guy for earning a shite load more money than they are?? The level of trash talk has certainly deteriorated over the years.

So some guys are yapping at a guy for earning a shite load more money than they are?? The level of trash talk has certainly deteriorated over the years.
Most stuff has been banned, so you are down to money and weight trash talk these days. And hair cuts and lack of hair as well.

Most stuff has been banned, so you are down to money and weight trash talk these days. And hair cuts and lack of hair as well.
Lobbes a bit ginger, so not sure why you would target his cash when the answer is staring you in the face.

*Apologies to gingers :D

Was odd that it was cash only for purchasing tickets outside and pretty much card only inside.

I know I sound like old man yelling at cloud but geez this shits me. The 2 times I went to the bar/kiosk people arked up about this. How ******* hard is it to handle cash? For people that didn't have credit/debit cards on them, they actually hand cash exchange stands where you could exchange cash for a special AO debit card. How stupid is that?

I know I sound like old man yelling at cloud but geez this shits me. The 2 times I went to the bar/kiosk people arked up about this. How ******* hard is it to handle cash? For people that didn't have credit/debit cards on them, they actually hand cash exchange stands where you could exchange cash for a special AO debit card. How stupid is that?
First up i'll say I don't know if this is true BUT I heard from a mate that up to 15 security guys are employed at AO
for the moving of cash to a main point. No-one leaves until it squares/tallies with the point of sale receipts.
One instance of people not knocking off 'til close to 1am. Cash not accepted at AO one day?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 of us entered via the north gate. One had his mum's essential power pass and got in for free, I had cash and paid at the window, the 2 youngsters only had cards and were directed to the east gate. We therefore met inside. I didnt go to the Gary McIntosh bar, but that was card only, mid season when I bought a beer there as I owed a mate one from the pub. It was the first time I had bought a beer inside the ground since 2014. They were taking cash at the kiosks north of the McIntosh bar.

Cash bars are notorious for 'leakage'. Card only payments reduces that to nil.

Cash bars are notorious for 'leakage'. Card only payments reduces that to nil.
Yeah I know why they do it but there was no broadcasting of the change by the SMA and re broadcasting it last year and this year. I wonder if for the SANFL finals it was a marketing decision to have cash at kiosks for the ole SANFL crowd used to cash at suburban ovals.

Have to say I thought Austin played a ripper. Just about BOG. Beard kicked a few but I loved his positioning

Remove this Banner Ad

Back