Roast Port Adelaide's failure to do a HIA assessment on Aliir - [AFL confirms both players FAILED concussion tests on Monday]

Remove this Banner Ad

How do we punish them without punishing them?
I know! Let's just get the media to say we are coming down hard but still only give them a fine that we will end up paying anyway!!

Not fooling anyone AFL and AFL media.

If you are winded, you would still have control of your body as you are falling.
Aliir was out of it before he hit the ground.
Ive now seen the footage on the big screen in slow-mo. I apologise. It is clear his head/neck jolted. Definitely concussion.
Dr would have had access to the footage so that is a big mistake for sure.

Just a fine it is it seems and is being reported on SE. 100k apparently with none suspended but fines are useless deterrents to clubs that are stacked cash wise like Port.

AFL would never the guts to punish in any other way then financially.

Just a fine it is it seems and is being reported on SE. 100k apparently with none suspended but fines are useless deterrents to clubs that are stacked cash wise like Port.

AFL would never the guts to punish in any other way then financially.
Port aren't stacked cashwise.
They are funded by the AFL.
The AFL is fining itself.
It's absolutely no punishment at all

Last edited:

$50,000 of the fine will be including in Port Adelaide's football department soft cap, with the remainder to sit outside the cap unless the club commits a similar breach of concussion protocols before the end of the AFL and AFLW seasons in 2024.

Port aren't stacked cashbwise.
They are funded by the AFL.
The AFL is fining itself.
It's absolutely no punishment at all
Ha that is even worse then!!

AFL are clowns.

You’d imagine there will be some memo that goes out that if another club tries this there will be a loss of points/draft picks.

If you’ve already got a couple of injuries in a final and one of your players cops a head knock a fine is not a big enough deterrent to put him back out there.

I don’t get this argument that they couldn’t punish with points or draft picks because they are reserved for clubs that cheat to gain an advantage over their opposition.

What, like ignoring protocols so 1 of their players could continue to play in the game and both would be available for selection next week?

It was trying to cheat against Adelaide and trying to cheat for the next game against Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Less than I thought it should be, more than I was expecting.

I’d love to see Dillon face the media today and make it clear to the public & the clubs that this is warning to all clubs & next breach will result in significantly higher penalties, not only financially, but for individuals as well as draft pick and/or premiership points

Less than I thought it should be, more than I was expecting.

I’d love to see Dillon face the media today and make it clear to the public & the clubs that this is warning to all clubs & next breach will result in significantly higher penalties, not only financially, but for individuals as well as draft pick and/or premiership points
We’ve already had warnings

I don’t get this argument that they couldn’t punish with points or draft picks because they are reserved for clubs that cheat to gain an advantage over their opposition.

What, like ignoring protocols so 1 of their players could continue to play in the game and both would be available for selection next week?

It was trying to cheat against Adelaide and trying to cheat for the next game against Geelong.

Kenny - desperate.... move him on...

Watch the AFL go to work here.
Btw, what’s happening with their investigations at hawthorn ??

View attachment 1761159

Who would have thought …
The AFL don’t give a toss about
Concussions
Racism
The draw
The draft
The fans
Etc etc etc
This is it for the AFL … full stop …

4FA45603-2978-4F4B-9ECA-C7C0EAB6CC48-7598-0000107FEFF0F715.jpeg

Whack!

50k out of the soft cap, there goes a junior marketing members salary.
50k otherwise is the AFL paying themselves.

With the mitigating circumstances and stance from the AFLPA CEO seems about right though.

giphy.gif

100k fine is pretty big given the normal fine is 10-20k for stuff ups.

Given none is suspended either, it suggests that it wasn't just the doctor in on it
The 50k out of the soft cap hurts a bit as someone in the footy department will lose their job today and not the person who is at fault.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back