Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting ... My Great Grandmother was a Gerrard.. Often wondered if Steven Gerrard was related to me.
I know he's from up that way.You can do one of the searches.Rangers played out of there skins tonight.Good lessen for Port in Showdowns.íf all players can fire in the one game like V West Coast.

FFS the crows are 3rd.

And we should be 2nd them about where we are. We're only 8 rounds in and Hinkley has mostly written the year of.

Certainly pissed away what could have been a top 4 finish with losses to Bris, Rich and Adelaide, all games we should have won.

Seriously how can the club se this guy is a complete dud.

I know they lost last week, but I absolutely love the positive attitude and energy that Richmond's fringe and young players bring. They thrive on the challenge of adversity and thus perform above levels expected of them accordingly. With their outs and two men down for most the game, they had no right to be winning so comfortably over here yesterday. Yet it shows what a positive approach to the game that genuinely permeates right throughout the organisation (as opposed to a hollow statement) can bring. I don't understand why we have an environment where our players go back into their shell so quickly when even internally we see the kind of football we can play when there's belief and confidence.

Richmond are still a very good chance this year I feel. Cotchin, Martin, Lynch & Grimes are absolute stars. Around them you've now got the likes of Baker, Bolton, Balta and Stack bringing confidence and aggression, with the underappreciated guys Broad, Astbury, Castagna and co. forming the glue. There's limitations sure, but I don't see any other club right now with the capability of playing such inspired bursts of footy. Geelong are obviously the pacesetters and look very strong this year all over the park, but these force of nature efforts typify finals footy.

I know they lost last week, but I absolutely love the positive attitude and energy that Richmond's fringe and young players bring. They thrive on the challenge of adversity and thus perform above levels expected of them accordingly. With their outs and two men down for most the game, they had no right to be winning so comfortably over here yesterday. Yet it shows what a positive approach to the game that genuinely permeates right throughout the organisation (as opposed to a hollow statement) can bring. I don't understand why we have an environment where our players go back into their shell so quickly when even internally we see the kind of football we can play when there's belief and confidence.

Richmond are still a very good chance this year I feel. Cotchin, Martin, Lynch & Grimes are absolute stars. Around them you've now got the likes of Baker, Bolton, Balta and Stack bringing confidence and aggression, with the underappreciated guys Broad, Astbury, Castagna and co. forming the glue. There's limitations sure, but I don't see any other club right now with the capability of playing such inspired bursts of footy. Geelong are obviously the pacesetters and look very strong this year all over the park, but these force of nature efforts typify finals footy.

Difference is we have losers for coaches who instill a loser mentality in players. This has filtered through to our supporters, just look at the Facebook pages for a good laugh.

Ken, Voss and Basset need to GTFO asap, and take Kochie with them.

Yeah I still rate Richmond a chance this year.
Any position they finish that gives them a MCG game for me is a 50/50 chance.

Rampe has received a please explain letter from AFL. I would love to see the wording

Will they accept a simple 5 word reply - I had a brain fade?

If not, what is the punishment?

Rampe has received a please explain letter from AFL. I would love to see the wording

What a bunch of dickheads

What do they think he is going to say?

Is there anything that rampe can possibly say that makes climbing the post a sensible decision? Why even ask him?

Didn't they tick this off with the umpires? So what's the please explain for Gil? Please explain.
Gilligan said it was OK not the umpires department. Technically correct process but no commonsense.

If it is not a free kick, and therefore not against the rules, what does he have to explain? They ticked if off as okay, so his response should be 'I dont have to explain anything as you told the world it was fine'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still begs the question why Gil is asking for a please explain when we already know he's said it's okay
Gill isn't asking, the umpires boss is. It's like the COO is asking for a clarification despite the CEO''s statement.

Anyway I heard on the news that the please explain also includes why he said to the umpire - you sound like a girl. I think that's the real driver. He has had a crack at umpires before and I suspect this is a bit of payback.

Last edited:
Pressure needs to be applied towards Gillon now.

The game is going backwards big time. It's becoming largely unwatchable for a neutral supporter.

They’re a laughing stock, “na the umps was right” every time they get something wrong. Plus some heat on them for f sake.

So Rampe has been given a please explain despite no free which was apparently the right decision. So why is he explaining anything then ?

Umpiring is so bad you start to question if they are trying to dictate the result. Like the 50,s and frees that one side gets that lead to goals yet aren’t paid to the other team and the fact that that team that misses on out on those always gets junk time frees in the middle of the ground that have no impact once the game is over. Just so they can hide behind an “even free kick count” which happens pretty much every week.

Neither Fyfe nor Ablett charged. Nothing like trying to preserve TV ratings for the Brownlow night I suppose. If Jonas had been reported in two successive weeks he'd have been deregistered.
As Leigh Matthews said about Adam Goodes all those years ago when he hit Matt Thomas, Brownlow medalists are protected species.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back