Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We must be the only club in the league without a single protected species and the longest list of thugs to be wary of (Jonas, Dixon, SPP, Rockliff, Howard, Hartlett... soon to include Lycett)

How was that studs up call against lycett a few weeks back.

On the replay it was an absurd call and aside from not going studs up he it was inconceivable that anyone could have thought so.

The following weeks game the commentators are literally highlighting lycetts rucking to obscene levels and asking if he is going studs up every 15 seconds.

Now you know umps are going to be looking closely at lycett for something that Literally no other ruck ever gets pinged for.

******* joke

Will the Saints get the dead cat bounce with Brett Ratton.If the Bulldogs win they will go 9th equal with the Crows.
Port + Freo are the only other sides that can sneak into the top8.North gave it a shake tonight but fell short.Hawks -no.
Port didn't lose by lack of effort.Just. Outclassed by a top 4 side.Maby Ken can turn it around.
Freo snuck over the line in a game where Sydney dominated early.Might of lost Lobb with a shoulder at the games end.No Hogan,Fyfth unclear with elbow injury. Freo -No.
Got a feeling the Crows won't make the 8 .After a couple of terrible 2nd halfs in recent games.And a tough draw coming home.There best players are getting ran into the ground. Carrying the 4 or 5 passengers in there team.

Last edited:

You know what was worse than the Westhoff call the umpires mic picking up one of them saying to another to keep an eye on Charlie Dixon.. that's completely out of line.
Maybe they meant keep an eye on Charlie to make sure he's not getting infringed? Am I delusional? Probably.

Am I the only one who was barracking for North hoping they'd push us down a spot on the ladder.

fu** I'm so angry at this club. Can't believe I'm in that sort of headspace that right now we almost need to finish 12-13th to hopefully trigger change.
I would be if I thought it would make a difference.

Currently equal on points with Fremantle, Western Bulldogs with the Bulldogs a good chance to jump us and Hawthorn to catch us too

Sack the campaigner already.
So you said, Bulldogs can go a game clear and Hawks can jump us on %.

Maybe that’ll really highlight how poor this is going and might be a wake up call for the board. But can’t se it happening earlier enough to make any difference to this year.

So I guess we all become Carlton fans for the rest of the season.

Not going to fall for all the hype and hope this offseason. We were promised significant change and got nothing. It suits everyone's agenda for us to be mid-table plodders who occasionally shake up the leaders with a surprise win.

So I guess we all become Carlton fans for the rest of the season.

Not going to fall for all the hype and hope this offseason. We were promised significant change and got nothing. It suits everyone's agenda for us to be mid-table plodders who occasionally shake up the leaders with a surprise win.

Carlton could finish above us.

That would be the only thing that gives me pleasure this year from a football perspective.

That and Ken getting the flick.

Kenny blames Westy for the 50 metre penalty. "Had other options, could have tried to mark or let it go" ...
Yeah, don't want our players attacking the game or anything.

Is there recognition that constant naysaying of our players is just going to stop them making any effort at all? We already suffer from a surfeit of passengers, surely a better approach would be to say that yeah he had a crack and that's exactly what's expected.

Ken could have said words to that effect without risking an umpire fine, instead he just threw Westy under the bus. FWIW Westhoff did the best thing he could. There's no way he could have known the ball was out.

Kenny blames Westy for the 50 metre penalty. "Had other options, could have tried to mark or let it go" ...
Imagine if Westy had just stood there and "let it go" out on the full.

In fact that would have pretty much typified the Hinkley approach.

Don't try because it might fail.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He didn’t seriously say let it go ? He wants our players to just let it go out on the full ? That’s the sort of pathetic thing I’d expect to hear from Gil or the umpires boss trying to justify the 50

Not going to fall for all the hype and hope this offseason. We were promised significant change and got nothing.

We can’t even rebuild properly.

Sacrifice a trio of established guys — Wingard, Polec, Pittard — for youth, yet go into an almost certain defeat with the season over playing Westhoff, Broadbent and Sutcliffe over the myriad young options at the Magpies.

The disconnect between stated intention, reality and performance is shattering.

Many of you know that I have said Top 4 is meaningless when talking premierships, it's finishing Top 2 that matters. Since the current finals system came in and players went professional in 2000, no 4th team has won a premiership, only 2 have made the GF back in 2002 and 2006 and 3 have gone out in straight sets since 2014. Finish 3rd and you have to be a 3 time heavyweight champion or special circumstances for the 5 teams who have won it from 3rd.

Brisbane could finish 2nd. They have won all 12 finals they have played at the Gabba. 5 in 1996-00, then 6 in glory years 01-04 and the single final in 2009.

They have beaten 7 sides in those 12 finals, 5 Melbourne sides and both SA sides have lost twice at the Gabba in finals.

They have a massive weather advantage especially against Vic and SA teams. Unless you have lived there its hard to understand how much the 5+ degrees and the humidity difference in August build up and the September finals, makes and gives them an advantage.

It won't be so big an advantage against a Sydney team. The WA teams also the weather won't be such an advantage but it's counter balanced by the travel.

So if Brisbane do finish top 2, they are in the box seat to get to the GF even given so many of their players haven't played in finals.

Finish 4th and I doubt it and finish 3rd they could play in WA, Qld then MCG and I doubt such a young team would win the 3rd game at the MCG to make a GF.

I am so envious of Brisbane right now. They play a great style of football complemented by good structures and player selections and positioning. We are the complete antithesis of this. All brought on by a buffoon at the helm.
BUT WHERE COULD WE EVER FIND A TALENTED SECOND KPF LIKE MCSTAY

I am so envious of Brisbane right now. They play a great style of football complemented by good structures and player selections and positioning. We are the complete antithesis of this. All brought on by a buffoon at the helm.
The thing that shits me the most is that our club seems to think that you can't play that way any more. "It's not the 80s".

We were successful playing that way over a long period with many different fads coming and going.

We used to be told we were "too old, too slow, not modern enough" yet we kept winning in spite of them all. It was our brand. We were Port Adelaide.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back