Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats because you're misunderstanding the reasoning.

Yes when we're squeezing more games in with shorter turn around times, the limited quarters are to help the players with recovering.

The reason we have short quarters now, is so that the AFL isn't changing the playing conditions in the middle of the season. Its not about getting the players extra rest now. Its one of the few things where they're actually trying to apply some integrity to the season.

it’s purely a marketing test group special that the afl has been toying with for a while and this was an excuse to roll it out.

if you believe that in a months time we had to condense the season that the shorter qtrs have helped, or that the afl has started shorter qtrs now to ensure “fairness and equality” across the competition you should stay the * away from your email because theres some African princes who could make a mint off you.

My problem with shorter qtrs is the logic for it is completely baseless

so apparently it’s in case we have to have extra games at some point?

A) there’s really no evidence that having 20% less game during months of footy will help players be less tired in several months time

b) even if there was going back 2 weeks or more it would be irrelevant. So every week we go forward the previous several months of shortened games mean nothing.

boaks not more rested now because the showdown was 20% shorter.

c) the game has always adjusted. If boak has less time to run you can be assured he and the staff know he can run harder for periods.

the idiots could have tabled that shorter qtrs could be announced at the start of any round where the season was expected to become condensed after. Also if you had to do it 18min qtrs would have been a 10% reduction rather than the 20% we got.

gilldo wants to bring it in permanently with longer goal breaks so he can squeeze more ads in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see the Sandful games are back at their traditional sponsor name grounds now and are capped at a maximum attendance of 1000. They can't have whatever figure the one person per two square metres rule would allow though because they haven't had their COVID-19 management plan approved by SA Health yet (what the fu** have they been doing for the last how many months?).

It looks like they're restricting entry to ticketed members only, so some clubs might struggle to get the 1000 anyway.

I reckon most Port fans would almost prefer to watch The Bachelor, as opposed to the 2020 version of the SANFL (I did say almost).

We like to lol at Adelaide, but I can't see Sydney winning another game.

Can Adelaide find another win after this week to escape the spoon?

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

We like to lol at Adelaide, but I can't see Sydney winning another game.

Can Adelaide find another win after this week to escape the spoon?

This week is there big chance, the saints are up and down and at AO with a possible 10k fans.

I've already pencilled it in, hence asking if they can find another win after this week. Need two wins to catch Sydney.

North maybe at AO after they have been in the hun and away from home for a while?

did you just try to apply logic to the AFL MRP? it’s more likely that Ebert will get more than 1 match, Long get 2-3 and Shiel gets off....

Why? Because it doesn’t make sense. I agree with your post on Ebert, but I can’t see him not getting a suspension.

What should be weeks was the international, high contact head slam on a Marshall or the swinging fist on Wines. But it won’t get looked at. That’s the rubbish that needs to be policed out of the game.
MRP = Must Ruin Port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back