Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this been posted yet? Like wat? Is this for real?

Collingwood and the Western Bulldogs remain significantly apart over a resolution to the Adam Treloar contract dispute.

Figures close to the standoff say the Dogs are adamant they will not be paying Treloar a cent more than a “watertight” five-year, $600,000-a-season contract agreed with the cast-off Magpies midfielder.

It would mean Treloar is still owed $300,000 a year — or $1.5 million — under the terms of his original Magpies contract.

But Collingwood insists the Bulldogs agreed to further negotiations over who would pay what to Treloar after the trade went through, which the Bulldogs absolutely dispute.

The Dogs are confident any money owed above and beyond Treloar’s new arrangement at the Whitten Oval is simply a matter for Collingwood.

The only concession the Western Bulldogs did offer Collingwood during the frantic final days of the trade period, one figure said, was an offer to front-end some of Treloar’s wages in his new contract to assist the Magpies with management of their salary cap.

But if Collingwood’s position is right, the Bulldogs effectively agreed to a trade for Treloar without knowing how much they would pay him.

The clubs agreed to the trade one minute before the AFL exchange period deadline.

But no paperwork outlining any financial details has been lodged with the AFL by either club.

Attempts by Collingwood to push back on payments owed to Treloar will inflame an already bitterly strained relationship with the player after the messy mishandling of the midfielder’s departure.

The AFL is yet to become embroiled in the negotiations.

The clubs held amicable talks on Thursday and have been given extra time before Treloar’s full financial arrangements must be submitted.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...t/news-story/91cf90806df09a143f4f827e3ec19621

Collingwood are so screwed.

If they lose DeGoey over this heads will have to roll.

They don't have a leg to stand on and Eddie is going for the old "we had a verbal agreement" which is code for I am going tonuse every commercial and AFL house lever I have to try and bully you into what I want.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

They don't have a leg to stand on and Eddie is going for the old "we had a verbal agreement" which is code for I am going tonuse every commercial and AFL house lever I have to try and bully you into what I want.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

A verbal agreement is not worth the paper it is written on....

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Smorgon will hate to be seen to be giving in to eddie.

Grab the popcorn

Eddie and Gil are like that 🤞 and Carla makes the best canapés in all of Toorak.

Lol a few social media accounts arcing up.

Apparently Graham corner said this morning that Port are "contaminating" the SANFL and that the standard of SANFL improved without the crows and port in the league this year.

He also claimed there were "no afl players in the SANFL this year." ******* lol. Their entire lists are made up of AFL players. Just because they are retired or delisted you can't just lay claim to there being no AFL players.
Geez, I hope his telemeres aren’t too long.

Eddie said that he and Port had a verbal agreement that Port would not wear 'Prison Bars'. That is crap as well.

The way the VFL clubs behaved in the 1980s isn't far below the surface of their current operations.

It's amazing how so few Victorian clubs have embraced professionalism in the true sense. Dodgy deals made on Brighton golf courses and petty provincial thinking still reign supreme.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We just need to sort out the PB issue and fu** off out of the pissant league. Can't wait.
Prison Bars at AFL and AFL Reserves level, and Alberton home games at AFL reserves level + some type of digital pass to watch away AFL reserves games.

He’s a galoot but credit where it’s due. We’re all in this together.

I would of called Dean Solomon B4 Tex if was me.
Then again I know peps in the Hill, so doesn't matter:)

He’s a galoot but credit where it’s due. We’re all in this together.

I know Edgie disagrees, but in my interactions with Tex, haven’t been able to fault him.
He is a galoot, but he’s not a campaigner.

Anything to distract the customers

Adelaide-Crows-Clash-Guernsey-2021-Replica-1__08276.1605678363.jpg

chloe.gif

I know Edgie disagrees, but in my interactions with Tex, haven’t been able to fault him.
He is a galoot, but he’s not a campaigner.

He was a campaigner, but it's entirely possible that the last few years have humbled him a bit. How could they not have done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back