Club History Port to wear prison bar guernsey twice in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did both Cornes say the same thing at different stages?

And what if they did? You’re really picking at the low hanging fruit here.

Your MO here is to basically ignore every single person in Port Adelaide’s long history to back the club’s official version of its history, and elevate the opinions of a couple of people who came from Port hating families and play for the club at AFL level. Bizarre.

It was just a question... And if so that's atleast 4 players that had opposing views, far more extreme than what I've suggested to atleast be accepting and inclusive of others and their reasons for following us.

I've never questioned the legitimacy of the history of the club.

Your MO here is to basically ignore every single person in Port Adelaide’s long history to back the club’s official version of its history, and elevate the opinions of a couple of people who came from Port hating families and play for the club at AFL level. Bizarre.
The Cornes family take on the history of the PAFC.. just lol

Wow there's a straw man if I've ever seen one.

When did I question the validity of their views?

I said be accepting of others, that doesn't make them any less of a supporter than you and I.

I hope you are aware in a generation the diluting of our supporter base will increase...

.....and what’s more, you’re strongly advocating the club go back to the already failed strategy of trying to court the neutrals by watering down its “brand”. I don’t even...
Yep. Never said that either.

Do you seriously believe the marketing Dept wouldn't use all avenues and attempt to attract new followers by any means? Do you think anyone in China cares about the SANFL?

All this for sticking up for a poster who was copping abuse as he follows Port for reasons other than many here.... Un******* believable.

Wow there's a straw man if I've ever seen one.

When did I question the validity of their views?

I said be accepting of others, that doesn't make them any less of a supporter than you and I.

I hope you are aware in a generation the diluting of our supporter base will increase...

Has Collingwood’s diluted? Has Essendon’s? Carlton’s? You seem to be of the belief that if we don’t move closer towards a sort of AFLX branding model we’re ruined. I think the opposite is true.

Have you put your entry form in to be a contestant in Perfect Pear for the Freo game yet? Better get a wriggle on...

Have you put your entry form in to be a contestant in Perfect Pear for the Freo game yet? Better get a wriggle on...
And with that childish comment you expect this conversation to go where?

Has Collingwood’s dilited? Has Essendon’s? Carlton’s? You seem to be of the belief that if we don’t move closer towards a sort of AFLX branding model we’re ruined. I think the opposite is true.
If you cant see that you need multiple strategies to increase the base, not just be reliant on one.... Different people appeal to different things... Pretty damn obvious.

Never did I say to ignore history.

Funny that you quoted another strategy they've used...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opinions are fine, but if they’re factually incorrect they need to be called out. Roger James’ “new club” opinion is factually incorrect, so it gets called out.

The earth is either flat or it isn’t.

An opinion is subjective. James' opinions are not opinions at all, they are just wrong facts.

It's like if I said I'm of the opinion that the Gold Coast SUNS won the premiership last year. That's not an opinion, it's just flat out wrong.

An opinion is subjective. James' opinions are not opinions at all, they are just wrong facts.

It's like if I said I'm of the opinion that the Gold Coast SUNS won the premiership last year. That's not an opinion, it's just flat out wrong.
You should tell Trump's senior counselor to the president, Kelly Comway, that. (She isn't a legal counsel but is a political adviser). She's the one who came up with alternative facts.

Tom Brady threw 2 touchdown passes, do your alternative facts mean he threw 7? is what she should have been asked when she came up with this BS.

You have to tell the kids (not yours specifically) we may have been the dominate force /big fish in a little pond that was the SANFL, have moved to a tougher national comp ( from 8 then 10 then 9 teams to a 16 then 18 team league), but you don't forget your history. If you don't know who you are and where you come from, you don't know where you are going.

You tell them the reason why you want the PB's to remain is because it's the best footy jumper ever and we forced to give it up against our will and we will fight for it forever. A bit like the Jews, kicked out our their homeland about 600 AD and finally got it back in 1948 after massive struggles. We are in for the long fight.

You tell them that the PB's are unique. They aren't just black and white vertical stripes. They represent the wharf and pylons at the Port. Ask them which other of the 90 odd national sports teams in Oz have a jumper/jersey that is designed specifically to represent the area they were started in? How do stripes, or V's or hoops or a sash specifically represent Collingwood or North, or the Port or Fremantle, or Geelong or Adelaide or Essendon or Richmond.

If they want their footballers to get a hard ball on field, then why do they want the supporters to give up and not chase a hard ball off it??
This should have closed the thread. We have gotten 10 extra pages instead...

Yeah look this would probably be the ideal

Lte8IcH.png
awesome concept

wouldn't be opposed to very subtly finding a way to get the teal (the blue we call teal anyway) in there - it has resonated with a lot of people over the last 20 years. Maybe collar and cuffs + the current clash socks.

The chevrons are aesthetically ok but never having won a final in the black version I'm now unfortunately associating it with the failures of the last decade.
From what I understand the one on the left and the middle are close to what the club originally wanted to go with but the geniuses in the afl said no. Would have been so much better for our identity if we were able to go with it.

I dont like anything that says "this would be ideal" and then picture says that the Prison bars we wore in 2014 aren't our home strip.

Fact is that we now have supporters in their 20’s who have no real link towards the prison bars. Theyve seen us wear it 3 times. I can understand completely that we have a portion of the supporter base who could not care less if we wear the prison bars or not. Doesnt mean they dont respect the history, just means they prefer what we wear now

Yeah ok. Thousands of posts, years here, but yeah I don't like Port Adelaide.

You are a flog.

That's right a flog who has supported this club for 45 years, but you can post factually incorrect dribble, when you are corrected you resort to name calling .
Quoting something Roger James allegedly said to support your argument and then referring to him as a legend of the club.
DELUSIONAL.

Funny I never heard the term prison bars until after we joined the AFL. Always wharf pylons or picket fence. Don't like the term. Find it quite derogatory. I remember Collingwood's president at the time making a verbal agreement that if Port finished above them they (Collingwood) would relinquish their rights to sole black and white Guernsey. We did finish above them next 3 years.

Fact is that we now have supporters in their 20’s who have no real link towards the prison bars. Theyve seen us wear it 3 times. I can understand completely that we have a portion of the supporter base who could not care less if we wear the prison bars or not. Doesnt mean they dont respect the history, just means they prefer what we wear now
There will currently be a huge populous of babies to 5 year olds who are mad silver/battleship grey enthusiasts who will fight the new Bring Back Silver Battleships Campaigns in the not too distant future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back