Toast Positives (the Memories edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Memories has been telling us for a couple of weeks now that he posts here just as often after we win. Well Mems it's time. I'll start you off.

DeBoer - Coming off age game as a midfielder, leader and inspiration.
Michael Johnson - continues his superb year.
Stephen Hill- Stood up in a big game after an ankle injury. Close to 30 possies and 8 clearances.
Pav - The Captain stands up on the big stage. 6 goals. Amazing effort.

There is plenty more but I'll leave it for others.

de Boer for me. 29 touches, a goal, 13 tackles... in the highlights they showed him dish of a handball and immediately shepherd a chaser. Is in the leadership group and today was an inspirational game, worked so hard.

I thought Crozier for a second game player had a decent impact, seemed to find himself in the right spots. The only slight is that there were a couple of times that he should have put his body on the line in marking contests but I'm sure they will have a quiet talk to him about that.

Ballas got involved in play alot more today than previous weeks and gave it his all as usual.

de Boer - absolute ripper of a game and just inspirational in his efforts
Neale - looks so composed in traffic and with the ball.
Crowley - another outstanding shut down job (without the silly free kicks)
Balla - back to his best
Pav - 6 goals and nailed them when it counted

Matt de Boer - a.k.a Chuck Norris. Taking his chance in the mid and dominated, loved it.

Crozier contributed well and wasn't overawed and played out the entire game.

Our defence, worked extremely hard under constant pressure.

tackling intent was good. Didn't see a lot of broken tackles because they went in low and hard

In addition to the performances of de Boer, Pav, Ballantyne etc, it was one of the better team efforts we have produced in a while. Everybody contributed to a great passage of play or chimed in with a timely goal at some stage (aside from Sandi obviously).

And...clearances!

Cant fault anyone today, even Dawson. Repeatedly knocked done and looked sore. Came back on and battled, even in the ruck! Mundy and Barlow are nearly at the level required, had a few times where they weren't 100% but sensational neverthless, Barlow got in hard and got tackles and first ball. Captain Pav. What a star, started off with 4 goals and kept the pressure on Rance. Estatic to say the least, lets get the week off and bring in more players and beat the bombers at home..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd also like to add, Griff's goal. I had to rewind and watch that about 3 times just to be sure it was actually the big man who kicked it. Excellent stuff.

Great game from the boys! De Boer had a absolute standout game loved his work. Pavs 6 goals won us the game. Griff, Johnno, Hilly, McPharlin, Dawson.. Everyone really contributed today. Hopefully we can take the bye and come out firing for the last half of the year and really push up into that top 8!

I feel like the rain was the best thing that could have happened. It makes everyone play like their life depended on it. I kind of wish it rained every week we played. Such conditions knocks the softness out of players.

Individual positives ... DeBoer was immense. Funny how someone who was a mid as a junior can actually play mid as a senior.

After a week of hype surrounding the tigers we have gutsy win to burst their bubble, good to be on the other end of it for once.
The Pig is just what we need in the midfield in and under brick wall styles!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back