Post - loss clarity. Do some of us get TOO emotional?

Remove this Banner Ad

Some people do about sport. To be honest, I probably get too invested myself as I‘ll rant on about a crap loss too much on here.

However, one thing that I find a bit over the top is when people start breaking their furniture, remote, mobile, walls and the TV just because their sporting team lost. I’ve seen too much of that happen when it comes to sport. If your frustrations gets to that point or you start getting health issues (like mental health issues) or are taking your frustrations out on the people in your personal life, then it may be best to take a step back and focus on another hobby you like doing because you probably have more control over that outcome than a sports game you’re barely involved in. It’s why I don’t find being a bandwagon supporter bad as unpopular as that is in the world of sport. Not everyone has the ability to ride the ups and downs of footy so don’t ride the wave of you cannot handle it.

Our teams can lose but at the end of the day that’s on them and their individual careers. We shouldn’t be sacrificing items and property that we bought with our own money just because something that is mostly out of our control happens (i.e. our teams losing). Easier said than done though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back