VFL Practice Game Friday 2:30 vs Box Hill @Olympic Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Has Wells come back on?

I was there till half way through the third and Wells didn't appear on the bench after HT.

only Played 1 Half and Talk around he did his Calf AGAIN

Well I headed down to watch the VFL Team Play.

We played 2 Great Qtrs and 2 Poor Qtrs.

My Thoughts on Players:

• Impressed with Tyler Brown Impressed me with Ball in Hand. Very Classy BUT not much a Outside Player and needs other to get him the Ball. Bit Timid like Schaz
  • Schaz did not have a Great Game. Did not get a Ton and Turned it over a Bit
  • Lynch was good around the Ground taking a Few Strong Contested Marks
  • Wells played 1 Half and Easily a Class or 2 Above
  • Sier got some Touches and Like how he took the Game on a Bit
  • Fas Did okay Nothing Special
  • Miocheck barley noticed him
  • Daicos only think Lasted a Qtr

Mclarty and De Goey did not Play

Read this page and got stressed. Then reads previous page and all reliable sources say otherwise.

Cant ignore though else i cant accrss most threads on this board.

Well I headed down to watch the VFL Team Play.

We played 2 Great Qtrs and 2 Poor Qtrs.

My Thoughts on Players:

• Impressed with Tyler Brown Impressed me with Ball in Hand. Very Classy BUT not much a Outside Player and needs other to get him the Ball. Bit Timid like Schaz
  • Schaz did not have a Great Game. Did not get a Ton and Turned it over a Bit
  • Lynch was good around the Ground taking a Few Strong Contested Marks
  • Wells played 1 Half and Easily a Class or 2 Above
  • Sier got some Touches and Like how he took the Game on a Bit
  • Fas Did okay Nothing Special
  • Miocheck barley noticed him
  • Daicos only think Lasted a Qtr

Mclarty and De Goey did not Play

Broomhead? Kicked 3.

Blair -- usual game from him I hear.

I'm interested what other people think of Broomhead and Mayne, because personally I think neither imposes themselves physically on the game and I'm thankful both are playing VFL rather than AFL. Appleby was good today but the one who stands out to me is Marty Hore, who is unlucky not to be on an AFL list.

I didn't see the game, but I think Broomhead has qualities - soft hands, a touch of class - that we miss. But you're right, he's not physical enough. Reminds me a bit of Alex McDonald back in the old days.

I didn't see the game, but I think Broomhead has qualities - soft hands, a touch of class - that we miss. But you're right, he's not physical enough. Reminds me a bit of Alex McDonald back in the old days.
Not soft by any stretch, he lacks confidence (not surprising given his injury profile). I hope he gets it together, has all the attributes

Not soft by any stretch, he lacks confidence (not surprising given his injury profile). I hope he gets it together, has all the attributes

He certainly wasn't soft when he hit that collision where he did his shoulder. But yeah, I rate him -- just needs some continuity too. I remember watching him kick a goal last year against I think Richmond where he picked it up in one grab and snapped it from about 40 out. It was all class. But it was pretty much the only thing he did for about a half.

I will just say about broomhead and I did name him as one of the better players I seen today but 2 of his 3 goals were from 1 metre out.
1 was a handball to him in the square.
The other a soccer kick from the line practically.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will just say about broomhead and I did name him as one of the better players I seen today but 2 of his 3 goals were from 1 metre out.
1 was a handball to him in the square.
The other a soccer kick from the line practically.
Wouldn't worry me how he got them as long as he got them. I'd take 60 goals in a home and away season from a small forward any day.

No. None of Kirby, McLarty, Murphy or Wills played; not sure why any of them missed the game as they weren't named on the injury list.

and De Goey did not play either

and De Goey did not play either
Yes, but I only mentioned those four because they weren't named on the injury list so we would have been expecting them to play. Chances are they were simply being "managed".

De Goey, Elliott, Goldsack, Greenwood, Madgen and Oxley were all named as being unavailable so we knew they wouldn't be playing at any level this weekend.

Another 'Hine special', I'm praying Stephenson can actually play.

Showed Good Signs in Pre-Season and has very High Praise at Holden Center.

Berg had bad Feet and 2 ACL's. That has to have some Impact of a Person

Remove this Banner Ad

Back