Training Pre-Season 2015-16

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds good man.

This all coming from a guy who supports a team that relies on a pensioner and one ruck to win their games, if either get injured you're royally screwed. I think that's the definition of having no depth. 5 of your top 8 players are 30+, pretty scary for you guys.

I know it's hard to admit we are in a better position than norf, but unfortunately for you it's reality. All our guns are young and have even more development. Most of your "guns" will be retired by the end of next year, if not end of this year.

I think we should stop bagging North until we beat them.

After all they did hand us a shellacking in our last match and the old timers performed pretty well.

I think we should stop bagging North until we beat them.

After all they did hand us a shellacking in our last match and the old timers performed pretty well.
you need to keep off the peace loving budda sticks before you post!

LOL Norf.

He killed us in the second half when Goldstein was dominating and he was able to remove Shaun Grigg's utensil from his arse.

Tbh, you're just flaunting your ignorance. Before Conca tore his hammy off the bone in the 2013 elimination final, he was tracking ahead of Cunnington. Since, he's barely been able to get on the park - certainly not anywhere near the fitness level he's needed to be.

Don't believe me? Let's compare the pair. Cunnington is a year older, so we'll compare them at the same age, which is more than fair considering Conca has missed the equivalent of a season and a half more games than Cunnington.

First year in the AFL:
Cunnington (2010): 18 games, av. 13.8 disposals
Conca (2011): 17 games, av. 15.6

Second year:
Cunnington (2011): 16 games, av. 12.9 disposals
Conca (2012): 18 games, av. 19.4

Third year:
Cunnington (2012): 20 games, av. 18.4 disposals
Conca (2013): 17 games, av. 18.4

And despite Cunnington handballing two-thirds of his disposals, his disposal efficiency has only once been better than Conca's over the course of a season.

Now **** off. :rainbow:

Let's not overate our players... Cunnington shits all over Conca...

Let's not discuss this year as Ben is miles ahead even on avges.

Even on career stats Ben is more superior than Reece, does Reece have more skill yes I believe so but he is lazy and lacks the grunt and drive of BC.

For a guy that has been in the system for as long as Reece has with as many leg injuries he should have had time to spend in the gym and build his body and should be a tank rather than a chubby 83kgs.

Class and speed? Sorry to interrupt the love-fest, but Conca provides no more then an okay presence inside. IMHO he hasn't really been made to earn his spot, and it really shows with some of the performances he has served up...

I agree with your previous point that your top end talent is good, however years of mediocre drafting after the first an second round is really obvious when looking at Richmonds list. The fall of quality after your 7th or 8th player speaks for itself.

Are you talking about Conca or Ziebell?

I hate North as much as anyone but until we consistently beat them we should stop bagging them about their list... as far as club, supporters, memberships go then that's a free for all.
Does the same apply to all the clubs including carlspoon and colligrubs

Let's not overate our players... Cunnington shits all over Conca...

Let's not discuss this year as Ben is miles ahead even on avges.

Even on career stats Ben is more superior than Reece, does Reece have more skill yes I believe so but he is lazy and lacks the grunt and drive of BC.

For a guy that has been in the system for as long as Reece has with as many leg injuries he should have had time to spend in the gym and build his body and should be a tank rather than a chubby 83kgs.
This year? I wasn't aware of any games played yet this year. Last year? Conca played three games. As I showed, up until Conca tore his hammy off the bone, he was ahead of Cunnington at the same stage.

Let's not underrate our own players.

LOL Norf.

He killed us in the second half when Goldstein was dominating and he was able to remove Shaun Grigg

Tbh, you're just flaunting your ignorance. Before Conca tore his hammy off the bone in the 2013 elimination final, he was tracking ahead of Cunnington. Since, he's barely been able to get on the park - certainly not anywhere near the fitness level he's needed to be.

Don't believe me? Let's compare the pair. Cunnington is a year older, so we'll compare them at the same age, which is more than fair considering Conca has missed the equivalent of a season and a half more games than Cunnington.

First year in the AFL:

Second year:

Third year:

And despite Cunnington handballing two-thirds of his disposals, his disposal efficiency has only once been better than Conca's over the course of a season.

I just wanted to say, after that post, I have fallen in love with you :hearts:

Good too see some love amongst all the hate; love your work

that is why they call me Sunshine :p

1Ds08E-1G5w-300x200.jpg

All Night Appetite pre-view of Richmond with comments by Nathan Brown.

Carltoon flogs will make out that he's scared to face his old side.;)
We'd legit beat them with our vfl squad. They are by far the worst list in the league and silvagni is just shuffling the decks chairs and hoping lol

we will enjoy their 20,000 supporters money in round 1 thinking they have a chance before they go into hiding again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because he would not go to one game? If he goes to every home and away game but misses an elimination final because he can't deal with the heartbreak that does not make him a bandwagoner.
Off course he is going to miss an elimination final, why would you go to a game that doesn't involve Richmond.

Too many posters obsessed with elimination finals here.

Grimes, McIntosh, Batch, Lambert, Menadue, Miles, Griff have all played their part in our best 22 and none of them were first rounders, and in some cases not even second rounders.

In the last few years our recruiting has been much better after the first round than it had been, that's why many of us believe our 2014 crop may be our best haul possibly ever.

Don't think it's fair to say we have no depth anymore, cause I think we clearly do in most areas except maybe the ruck department.

To be fair I did say first and second round in my initial post... Rance and Griff both mentioned were high second rounds mind you. Miles was taken from GWS, McIntosh has shown some good signs but its still early for him, Grimes shouldn't be judged until he can get on the park for a decent length of time, Batch, Lambert and Menadue aren't anything special imho ... Ofcoarse your drafting has improved when compared to the Tambling, Oakleigh-nicholls etc saga, but I think you're pretty naive if you think that Richmonds drafting after their top picks is anything other then ordinary.

LOL Norf.

He killed us in the second half when Goldstein was dominating and he was able to remove Shaun Grigg

First year in the AFL:

Second year:

Third year:

Once again, not sure how Cunnington is relevant in talking about Conca, comparisons of the two aren't really necessary. Only in the land of delusion would warrant a BNF winner and proven finals player to be compared to a player that has struggled to really put a string of games together that gets close to warranting his pick 6 selection...

To be fair I did say first and second round in my initial post... Rance and Griff both mentioned were high second rounds mind you. Miles was taken from GWS, McIntosh has shown some good signs but its still early for him, Grimes shouldn't be judged until he can get on the park for a decent length of time, Batch, Lambert and Menadue aren't anything special imho ... Ofcoarse your drafting has improved when compared to the Tambling, Oakleigh-nicholls etc saga, but I think you're pretty naive if you think that Richmonds drafting after their top picks is anything other then ordinary.
How can you judge menedue already?

Once again, not sure how Cunnington is relevant in talking about Conca, comparisons of the two aren't really necessary. Only in the land of delusion would warrant a BNF winner and proven finals player to be compared to a player that has struggled to really put a string of games together that gets close to warranting his pick 6 selection...

It's relevant because it highlights that Conca was ahead of Cunntington until he ripped his hammy off the bone. Only in the land of LOLNorf would anyone argue that Cunntington had done much at all prior to the last two seasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you pick and chose like that and your opinion is based on little knowledge it should be easy for you to realise your opinion at this point is comping across as trolling.

Norfs list is full of older players on the decline, so please tell us oh wise one, how your youngsters are so great considering they still cant get a game?

And yep, you beat us in the EF, some teams just match up well on others, look at us and the Hawks or v Swans. Over the course the H/A season against all other teams, we performed better than you guys with a younger list, so to suggest you have a brighter future is pure rubbish.

Miles may have been originally drafted by GWS, but he was delisted by them and we picked him up as a rookie, so he was a mature age selection, but still a rookie pick.
Grimes has played 19 & 18 games in the last 2 seasons, so fairly close to 2 full years on the park now.
Batchelor is still only 23 so still developing
Menadue is still only 19 years old, so way too soon to be saying he's nothing special

Noone can, therefore his name shouldn't have even been mentioned, as an unproven player comes down to personal opinion more then anything

Those with more knowledge of him than you certainly can.

Also, before you post again, seriously consider how a similar post would be received on your board. I am not as nice as DrMike

When you pick and chose like that and your opinion is based on little knowledge it should be easy for you to realise your opinion at this point is comping across as trolling.

Norfs list is full of older players on the decline, so please tell us oh wise one, how your youngsters are so great considering they still cant get a game?

And yep, you beat us in the EF, some teams just match up well on others, look at us and the Hawks or v Swans. Over the course the H/A season against all other teams, we performed better than you guys with a younger list, so to suggest you have a brighter future is pure rubbish.

If you went back and re-read my actual post, rather then letting yourself get so worked up, youd have seen that I didn't claim "how great Norths youngsters are" at all throughout my visit. My posts have been an opinion on Richmonds list, and their inability to add players outside of their top end talent, which I put down to an issue in recruiting after the first (and sometimes second) round, as well as player development.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back