Prediction Pre season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

From the Carlisle article in the online Hun;

"Leigh Montagna is dealing with a sore calf and will be rested, while Nathan Freeman will be taken along slowly and may feature late in the JLT Series."

I take that as a fair positive. Cautiously optimistic even.

:D

"Leigh Montagna is dealing with a sore calf and will be rested, while Nathan Freeman will be taken along slowly and may feature late in the JLT Series."

Don't think he'll feature in JLT.
Sexton said JLT3 will be a round one rehearsal so next week would be his only chance which seems unlikely in his circumstances.

What, what?
He sounds super excited. Says he's fit like 2015. Almost everyone is fit.
Reckons Jake 'Beast Mode' Carlisle is the strongest man he's ever seen.
Look out for Billings.
He also said Stevens has had a very good preseason.
Were undefeated. Never been more excited.

Last edited:

“He hurt his calf last week so he’s not fully fit, if he was he’d definitely be in our team,” he said.

“He never misses a beat Leigh, but unfortunate he had a minor setback. It isn’t serious, we get these things from time to time.

“We’re expecting him to be ready around JLT 3 give or take; we’ll suck it and see how he goes with that, but we’re expecting him to definitely be fit for Round 1.”

More from Kingsley's press conference:

Speaking at a press conference at Linen House Centre, former Port Adelaide premiership player Kingsley said the Saints will introduce some younger faces in their second pre-season hit out before undergoing a full dress rehearsal for the final fixture against Sydney on March 12.

“We decided in the end to pick the guys who have been most impressive over the summer in our first game,” Kingsley told reporters at a press conference on Tuesday afternoon.

“We’ve obviously got some new guys into the club in Steele and Stevens, Carlisle is obviously back after 12 months and Nathan Brown; it’s a good opportunity for those guys to fight their way into the team.

“The following week in JLT 2 we’ll some of the other guys who missed out or many of them to give them the opportunity and then the final game will basically be a full dress rehearsal for Round 1. That’s our plan, we’re pretty comfortable with who we’ve selected.

“I guess when you look at the squad we view it as quite strong as well, we’re pretty comfortable with where we sit and some pretty good players have missed out.”

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2017-02-21/kingsley-weve-rewarded-preseason-form

View attachment 338970

"What is he, some kind of girly man?!"

G Train by my recollections 1RM was 160 or thereabouts. Carlisle hit 130 x 3reps. Generally speaking moving from 3 to 1 rep you add about 15% to your weight therefore Carlisle's 1RM is likely around 150. Very close to G Train who still holds the club record. Not too shabby.

Edit: Fraze hit 172.5. FMD what a strong campaigner.

G Train by my recollections 1RM was 160 or thereabouts. Carlisle hit 130 x 3reps. Generally speaking moving from 3 to 1 rep you add about 15% to your weight therefore Carlisle's 1RM is likely around 150. Very close to G Train who still holds the club record. Not too shabby.

remember when he pissed on that broad at a night club lmao

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not actually too advanced a number for someone of Jake's weight.

I beg to differ. Pro power lifters around Jake's weight that lift 150% (for 1RM) to their body weight are considered 'advanced'. Jake would not be considered 'elite' (180%+) in powerlifting terms however advanced he is. And this is a footy player we are talking about not a powerlifter. Jake's a strong campaigner.

If Jake Carlisle turns out be half the man/player/beast that the G Train was I will be happy with that.
Needs a sick mullet...

Try living in sa
Fmd
Not only is nothing ever open we have to put up with chardonnay sipping fruit tingle crows supporters

Every year it's a premiership win and 80% are ******* arm chair supporters that trot out the crying riewoldt thing or 1997 because ether live in the past of 20 years ago
20 years ago is awfully modern thinking by sa standards though.

I'm only expecting strong defence, good intercept marking and solid distribution from Carlisle. The run needs to happen around him, off his defence. As the year go's on I may expect more, but for now thats it.

Im more interested in the Dunstan, Billings, Acres, The Gresh, Koby and Steele. Im pump to see what these boys can do over the JLT, ill be ecstatic if:

- Dunstan becomes a +22 disposal plus player, its that simple. More ball, more run and more graft!
- Billings becomes the player he is meant to be. Clean skills, impact plays and more outside run!
- Acres... You do you son... You do you! And do it more consistently please!
- The Gresh keeps braking ankles! No second year blues for this lad!
- Koby hopefully is the midfield bull we need to help Armo and Seb.
- Steele becomes one of the best ball winners in the game.

Thats not to much to ask is it?

View attachment 338970

"What is he, some kind of girly man?!"
Fraze!!!!! its hard to believe he started life as a skinny tall winger and was probably one of the fastest men in AFL over 20 metres - then he morphed!!!

latest

g-train-angry.jpg

I have been tipping Carlisle as the new G train
i honestly wont be surprised if he plays KPD for a couple of seasons then goes to the forward line, following the moves of the G train.

just a beast who will mark everything in his zone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back