Preview Pre-Season 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Peatling we be a perfect small forward. Agile, quick, crafty, huge leap. Good at drawing frees!!
I don't mind this. Love to see how Fahey is travelling in his first preseason as well. Same kind of player as Peatling by the looks of things.
Playing that small forward role can be thankless though.

I don't mind this. Love to see how Fahey is travelling in his first preseason as well. Same kind of player as Peatling by the looks of things.
Playing that small forward role can be thankless though.
Fahey forward is a no go, his biggest weapons are when playing behind the ball. The highest I'd put him up the ground is as a defensive winger just to utilise that massive kick going forward

Fahey forward is a no go, his biggest weapons are when playing behind the ball. The highest I'd put him up the ground is as a defensive winger just to utilise that massive kick going forward
Yeah that's fair. I haven't seen it, so I dunno. He's may not even play this year, haha grasping at straws.
I think Bruhn gets the role.
Just play Leek as a small forward 😅

Hello guys, sorry to intrude. Just wondering if there's much information circulating on how Jacob Hopper is going this pre season? Any known injuries/surgeries or interruptions?

He had some patches in games I saw last year that looked like he could dominate the competition so I was considering him as a big supercoach POD this year in the hope he might completely break out.

In the Leon interview Stone and Bobby get shoutouts for strong pre-season also seems like Taranto will be playing more forward which we all expected. Seems like Cogs will be mainly a midfielder this year as well which is probably best. Mentions Perryman, Cumming and Whitfield all completing pre-season as half back flankers probably means Ash moves up the group a bit more. Pretty excited for how the ball movements going to look off half back with all 3 of those guys being back there being really good ball users especially Whitfield and Cumming.

Last edited:
I do recall Ash mentioning he'd like to play some forward when he was drafted
really.
His skill set doesnt really scream forward, unless he was to play like a Nick Riewoldt type and run his opponent off his legs or something.

If he does, play forward, hope is the best ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm, remember this article from a week ago: Spin the magnets: The players set for new roles and positions at every AFL club in 2022

GWS GIANTS

Lachie Ash
has been one of the most impressive Giants trainers over the summer – and that’s set to lead to more midfield minutes. Ash turned heads in 2021 – his second season on an AFL list – as he racked up big disposal and metres gained numbers across half-back. But veteran Phil Davis last month told the club’s website Ash was “in really good shape” and thriving after spending more time with the midfield group.

Couple nice grabs in there from Stone, hopefully we start to get some reports come out from reporters about how the teams looking soon during these practice match.
I feel good about this. Stone is so underrated currently. But a pick 15 going into his second season, here's hoping for a bit of a break out year.

The desire to prove that last year's breakout season was no fluke is driving GIANTS midfielder Tom Green to even greater heights in 2022. The 21-year-old returned to pre-season in the best shape of his career, beating his personal best in the GIANTS' 2km time-trial last month. “I was really happy with the time I ran and I’m feeling as strong and as fit as I ever have so excited for the year ahead,” Green told SEN Breakfast on Wednesday morning. "I'm improving my running capacity, which helps me make better contest decisions."

Green averaged 18.8 disposals, 2.9 marks and 2.8 tackles on his way to finishing second in the AFL's NAB Rising Star award last season but says he's eager to add another element to his game in 2022. "With my height, I love to go forward, take marks and kick goals," he said.

The desire to prove that last year's breakout season was no fluke is driving GIANTS midfielder Tom Green to even greater heights in 2022. The 21-year-old returned to pre-season in the best shape of his career, beating his personal best in the GIANTS' 2km time-trial last month. “I was really happy with the time I ran and I’m feeling as strong and as fit as I ever have so excited for the year ahead,” Green told SEN Breakfast on Wednesday morning. "I'm improving my running capacity, which helps me make better contest decisions."

Green averaged 18.8 disposals, 2.9 marks and 2.8 tackles on his way to finishing second in the AFL's NAB Rising Star award last season but says he's eager to add another element to his game in 2022. "With my height, I love to go forward, take marks and kick goals," he said.
Encouraging to hear that he likes the idea of going forward and it's something he's actively working on. With so many mids there's gonna be guys that need to sacrifice their mid time and if he likes going down there with his size he could be a real mismatch for smaller defenders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back