Preview Pre-Season 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Lachie Whitfield will dominate this season.

Vibes seem very good amongst the group

I agree, there really seems a great bond and spirit at the club.

Pleasing to see Tanner looking settled and happy. I think he will re-sign which would be really good, he’s an important part of the next wave that can take us into our next big tilt.

Club looks really positive right now.

I honestly believe we have a super chance this year .... window wise open and fly screen off
The list althought not perfectly constructed is absolutely loaded with talent and most of them in a fantastic age bracket to contribute strongly now and still develop. Think if the team is reasonably healthy we should be a team making a deep finals run, not to make this a Leon discussion but if we're once again hanging around the fringes with reasonable health it's time to move on from him. Love this team so much all the guys are really likeable and seem to care about the club, can't ask for much more.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could nursed mean they're also just taking it easy with him given his injury history and not nessecarily that he's picked up another injury?
Possibly was hoping to read he's been training the house down and has had his best preseason in years :p

Uhhhhh not good at all. Wouldn't say Stone is a certainty to play Round 1 but have to feel pretty confident at this point, our small forward depth is so grim.

Yeah this is not the position we need to be losing players in.
So small forward wise.
Hill........I guess Bruhn (even though he's a mid).

Stone is more mid sized and not a pressure forward. Replacing Lloyd was ideal.

Am I forgetting anyone? Most are just mids that roll through the forward line.

So small forward wise.

Our options are quite slim, think Peatling played as a pressure forward at times in the VFL last season maybe he's asked to play there, Cooper Hamilton may get an opportunity there also.

So small forward wise.

Agree Stone is most likely. I remain positive about Callum Brown making an impact this year. A similar size to Stone, but quicker and seems to be an opportunist when chances arise. Not sure about his overhead skills?

Our options are quite slim, think Peatling played as a pressure forward at times in the VFL last season maybe he's asked to play there, Cooper Hamilton may get an opportunity there also.
Yeah Peatling was mostly a forward in juniors from memory (although I could be getting confused with Jeromy Lucas), so has the experience to a degree.

Hamilton's defensive stuff is his bread and butter, but he is versatile and I reckon he'd be a nice fit if pressure is the main thing we want, honestly think he could have an Adam Kennedy like career

Yeah Peatling was mostly a forward in juniors from memory (although I could be getting confused with Jeromy Lucas), so has the experience to a degree.

Hamilton's defensive stuff is his bread and butter, but he is versatile and I reckon he'd be a nice fit if pressure is the main thing we want, honestly think he could have an Adam Kennedy like career
I just hope we don't shift Cogs into that position. We need him to gain value in the midfield. Get Bruhn forward with Stone or even Perryman.
We have a few half back options now and we know Leon loves Perryman.
Could be an option....not exactly quick, but knows where the goals are.

I just hope we don't shift Cogs into that position. We need him to gain value in the midfield. Get Bruhn forward with Stone or even Perryman.
We have a few half back options now and we know Leon loves Perryman.
Could be an option....not exactly quick, but knows where the goals are.
Who doesn't love Perryman.
He is a ripper.
Could easily fill in forward if required.
I suspect Bruhn and Stone to get a crack in there.
Probably gets XOH a gig on the bench.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back