Preview Pre-Season 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

You'd have to be happy with that.
We played a very attractive style, saw some great stuff from many individuals, won by a stack and had no injuries.
Whitfield, Kelly and Cogs ran amok like we want from our senior players.
Generation next arrived. Ash was wonderful, Green was everywhere and Finn looks special. The next tier of kids was also promising.
Overall a great day.

You'd have to be happy with that.
We played a very attractive style, saw some great stuff from many individuals, won by a stack and had no injuries.
Whitfield, Kelly and Cogs ran amok like we want from our senior players.
Generation next arrived. Ash was wonderful, Green was everywhere and Finn looks special. The next tier of kids was also promising.
Overall a great day.
Have to agree. Win, lose or draw this year, if we can maintain a brand such as was yesterday then the future looks good.
Felt like Gold Coast are playing the way we’ve tried to play the last few years… more spot up kicking and contest… very noticeable the changes we’ve already made.
Daniels in amongst it will be huge. Don’t half speed and agility will suit the gameplay enormously.
I still reckon Fahey is not far off it… I’d pay admission just to watch him kick.

Have to agree. Win, lose or draw this year, if we can maintain a brand such as was yesterday then the future looks good.
Felt like Gold Coast are playing the way we’ve tried to play the last few years… more spot up kicking and contest… very noticeable the changes we’ve already made.
Daniels in amongst it will be huge. Don’t half speed and agility will suit the gameplay enormously.
I still reckon Fahey is not far off it… I’d pay admission just to watch him kick.
Have to agree it was in general a positive day across the board. The mids led by Green, Kelly and Cogs were good and really exciting to see Callaghans development.Preuss broke even in hitouts with a top ruckman in Witts which is important going forward .Key Backs were good and our potential real strength in Whitfield Cummings and Ashe were really good.You can clearly see the fast paced footy Kingsly wants to play.My only issue is whether we can score quickly in transition when we can't hit up a marking target without Bedford and Daniels playing and Cadman and other first year players who could play that role not being ready yet.

Some interesting stats that point to a clear change in game style from previous seasons was the fact we had 14 i50 tackles which was 9 more then GC had, we've never been a strong i50 pressure side and to win that battle comfortably is cool to see, we lost the cont. possession battle by 3 and clearances by 10 and to still score 122 points is fantastic, we've been so relient on clearance dominance previously that it was our only way to generate consistent scoring opportunities, no way would we be able to score that much despite losing the clearance count in previous years, something unique maybe we'll see it translate to the season maybe we won't but we took 8 bounces to GC's 1 yesterday at least yesterday there was a bigger emphasis on run and carry. Super exciting and refreshing to see them play yesterday, think there's a real chance we can make some noise this year.

I really hate this biased reporting against us. There was nothing wrong with the tackle and Adam defended Braydon very strongly. That this is even considered by the MRO is a joke
Yes. Preuss didn't lift Berry in any way - he jumped. And Preuss didn't drive him at all - he released him. There should be nothing for Preuss to answer by the rules. Of course, the MRO likes to manufacture charges against GWS players, so who knows!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Tigers supporter saying the Taranto and Hopper move feels like Omeara and Mitchell to the Hawks after their dynasty. Lol.
A big difference on cost. Hawthorn got Mitchell cheaply, but paid massive overs for Omeara, Wingard.
I think Richmond had to try to keep themselves in contention, haven't done anything stupid like Hawthorn did.
I just hope they don't get himmelberg .
I think it helps us if tigers have a poor year Apparently Harry is good mates with Taranto , who knows if that means anything or not for Harry's next contract

Good to get the win from the practice game but I dont think supporters should get too far ahead as I see too many holes in the performance to think the team will be able to challenge for finals
Preuss is a liability, although he has the strength to match most rucks his mobility and discipline can be easily exposed and I dont mean the Berry incident, a couple of cheap frees given away and poor movement around the stoppage giving the Suns easy clearances
Need to get more out of Ward and Perryman, not sure if they had roles but lack of leg speed could be a factor
And sorry to say injuries will happen

Some good to come out of the game was the performance of the talls (9 goals) that is also indicative of the entries from the mids although early it was a bit disconnected
Peatling and Wehr getting game time and showing something
Some of the big names showing why they have the big contracts and also the performance of Callaghan showed what he will be able to show and just needs to do it v Adelaide in a fortnight

Good to get the win from the practice game but I dont think supporters should get too far ahead as I see too many holes in the performance to think the team will be able to challenge for finals
Preuss is a liability, although he has the strength to match most rucks his mobility and discipline can be easily exposed and I dont mean the Berry incident, a couple of cheap frees given away and poor movement around the stoppage giving the Suns easy clearances
Need to get more out of Ward and Perryman, not sure if they had roles but lack of leg speed could be a factor
And sorry to say injuries will happen

Some good to come out of the game was the performance of the talls (9 goals) that is also indicative of the entries from the mids although early it was a bit disconnected
Peatling and Wehr getting game time and showing something
Some of the big names showing why they have the big contracts and also the performance of Callaghan showed what he will be able to show and just needs to do it v Adelaide in a fortnight
Bit stiff on Perryman, still think Ward can be servicable but think it's possible he's going to be left out of the side a few times this year but Perryman has way too many runs on the board to be hitting the alarms after 1 not great practice game, he's a great player and I have no concerns. The Preuss free kicks are ridiculous he just hands possession to the other team all the time, overall he's fine but the free kicks are super frustrating.

Coaches need to tell Pruess to play smarter, some controlled aggression but don't try to be a tough guy.
If not, stick with Briggs, Flynn. Pruess to them be in the reserves.

Lachie Ash the standout from the Gold Coast match, pipping Tom Green and Callaghan. We have recently signed two of these three that were mentioned, so maybe a good omen for signing Ash! ;-)

Coaches need to tell Pruess to play smarter, some controlled aggression but don't try to be a tough guy.
If not, stick with Briggs, Flynn. Pruess to them be in the reserves.
I think it’s actually the opposite

They want him to be an enforcer and impose himself. He didn’t get the balance right on Saturday which he will work on

But they want him to play to his aggressive strengths

Finally Sanity prevailed and good news from the MRO! Says “Greater Western Sydney ruckman Braydon Preuss doesn’t have a case to answer for his tackle on Gold Coast's Tom Berry, who landed awkwardly after jumping into a contest with the Giants big man”

A Tigers supporter saying the Taranto and Hopper move feels like Omeara and Mitchell to the Hawks after their dynasty. Lol.
My hawks mate has been telling me this since the rumours of them coming over started, easy to see the parallels.

Would love to see your mob perform well this year, exciting talent coming through as always.

Popping by with a fantasy (SC) question - what do you think about Lachie Ash's role?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back