Preview Pre-Season 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't know. Clearly players are ahead of him, hence unlikely to play round1. We are looking to make finals, hence pick our best team. Presumably they know he isn't going to want/threaten to leave ( like many Vic Metro high picks) as a result.

Keen to see how the team performs with a new coach. Looking forward to see the exciting new brand. I wish Daniels and Bedford was playing then you’d see more of what you guys have been practicing.
Also excited to watch the young guns in Finn, Greene and stone today!

Pretty sure he's been fit for a while now, he played in one of the intraclub games that wasn't open to the public. I think physically in relation to his knee he's fine at this point and that's no longer effecting his ability to be avaliable. Maybe Idun has developed enough to the point where they feel comfortable with him as the second tall next to Taylor and allows Haynes to slide into the third tall role a bit more nicely, then when Leek comes on Idun slides down to a smaller forward and Leek takes the bigger guy. Really weird thought he'd be the clear favourite to be KPD2, Idun's been talked about pretty glowingly all throughout preseason though. Also it'll be cool to finally see Fahey play with the 1s.
Looks like he played on he VFL today. So did Cadman

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enjoying the ball movement and the class of some of the mids
Half back Whitfield, cumming and Ash looking good with there attack

quarter time thoughts.
the score is a lot closer than it has any right to be.
umpires hate Toby. there seriously needs to be a formal complaint lodged.
on 7 occassions when entering the 50 we kicked it straight to a suns player. Not good enough.

liking Finn Callaghan
ash looks more comfortable off hb than I've seen in a few years.

let's hope they get out of 2nd gear

quarter time thoughts.
the score is a lot closer than it has any right to be.
umpires hate Toby. there seriously needs to be a formal complaint lodged.
on 7 occassions when entering the 50 we kicked it straight to a suns player. Not good enough.

liking Finn Callaghan
ash looks more comfortable off hb than I've seen in a few years.

let's hope they get out of 2nd gear
I am not watching, will watch highlights though. Do we look different/ better than last year.
What has annoyed me for a while is the loopy handball to a teammate under pressure, hopefully that has been eliminated from our game.

I am not watching, will watch highlights though. Do we look different/ better than last year.
What has annoyed me for a while is the loopy handball to a teammate under pressure, hopefully that has been eliminated from our game.
My thoughts from the TV.
There's the expected rust. Suns are bringing decent pressure and skill.
Mids and wings are looking solid. Finn and Wehr using their run and skill really well.
Backs are solid with nice run and carry.
We've opened them up a few times, but the one extra handball thing still happens.
Forwards didn't start very well organised, but seem to have settled. Forward entries are still untidy and decision making needs work.
Overall, looking better and the structure is holding up.
2nd half will be interesting as fresh players are subbed in.

Finn class ... pace and great kicking
Ash looks good ... still a bit panicky but great run on
Hogan getting into the game well after a slow start
Leek looks surprisingly competitive

Considering the Suns have already had a proper hit out, I think we have looked better as the game goes on

Hey peeps. My first post for the season. My big footy addiction will clearly start again now hope you are all well legends.

I am enjoying the transition play when the lads get a clear run out of defence. Kingsley definitely wants a fast game style: but he has always said that too.

Is it just me though, or do the defenders seem like they are not talking ? Seem to be trying to cover the same man, or getting in each others way.

It’s a good game to watch though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Says Coniglio is off due to an injury? Hope it turns out all right and he’s available against Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back