Prediction: last 4 in 2018(prelims): Adelaide Sydney GWS and....

Remove this Banner Ad

For me under Roos dees were more are aggressive unit worked more as a team and better definitely tactically don't rate him much at all in that area.
What ?

Tactically Goodwin kills Roos. Roos played Goodwin's gameplan in his last year. Goodwin implemented the two runners coming off the back if the square that other clubs had to counter and David King referenced all year.

He sent Tom McDonald forward, which was a success, as he went on to kick 20+ goals.

Under Goodwin CP were up, as were clearances, tackles, scoring up, points against down, pressure and just about every other metric.

We won more games and had a better percentage despite losing 4 of our best 6 for large chunks of the year. In defence of Roos I acknowledge the list was a year older with a couple of good inclusions.

How would Richmond have gone with 4 of their best 6 missing plenty of games ?

Last edited:
You did have injuries no doubt,but how many first round picks on that list and draft concessions so much more then other clubs you have been gifted.To much exuses your time is now.So many other sides have had less then quarter of first round picks dees have had last decade.

See now your using false arguments, the only extra first round pick we got in this rebuild is when Frawley left as a Free Agent to Hawthorn.

Easily pleased
That's why your club gets nowhere
Far two many front runners and immature players presently very much like us
Injuries mate , like bums and opinions we all have
Don't see melbourne posters giving allowances to other clubs over injuries
It's a club get some depth, develop
Really think Lever will turn out ok
But he'd wanta be at that price and you could have done better

Not easily pleased at all, just a realist.

Gawn missed over half a season and Spencer his replacement got injured two weeks later.
Hogan had the year from hell injury wise and personally, missed over half a season.
Jones missed 7 games and during that time we were also missing Watts, Tyson and Viney for a month and we literally had to play a VFL midfield for a month.

No other club outside GWS had a worse run so the fact that a young and developing list managed to stay in the finals hunt is very encouraging.

I've got no doubt at all (injuries pending of course) that we'll be playing finals football in 2018.

You did back in Rnd 18 2009 singing our song.;)
I never miss Melbourne v Richmond games but I refused to go to that game because I was torn or whether I wanted us to win or lose.

Sad day!

What ?

Tactically Goodwin kills Roos. Roos played Goodwin's gameplan in his last year. Goodwin implemented the two runners coming off the back if the square that other clubs had to counter and David King referenced all year.

He sent Tom McDonald forward, which was a success, as he went on to kick 20+ goals.

Under Goodwin CP were up, as were clearances, tackles, scoring up, points against down, pressure and just about every other metric.

We won more games and had a better percentage despite losing 4 of our best 6 for large chunks of the year. In defence of Roos I acknowledge the list was a year older with a couple of good inclusions.

We haven't had the amount of picks your club has had in the first round last decade and blaming injuries for the sudden fall is a weak argument only.Dees talked up so much and proved nothing yet and just hype let's wait and see.

See now your using false arguments, the only extra first round pick we got in this rebuild is when Frawley left as a Free Agent to Hawthorn.

Gawn missed over half a season and Spencer his replacement got injured two weeks later.
Hogan had the year from hell injury wise and personally, missed over half a season.
Jones missed 7 games and during that time we were also missing Watts, Tyson and Viney for a month and we literally had to play a VFL midfield for a month.

No other club outside GWS had a worse run so the fact that a young and developing list managed to stay in the finals hunt is very encouraging.

I've got no doubt at all (injuries pending of course) that we'll be playing finals football in 2018.

Is that the case lol ??.You got caught tanking red handed players admitted it and you got a slap on the rest instead of draft sanctions and bans like other clubs received you dont call that concessions and a free pass, yet you complain about injuries.

Is that the case lol ??.You got caught tanking red handed players admitted it and you got a slap on the rest instead of draft sanctions and bans like other clubs received you dont call that concessions and a free pass, yet you complain about injuries.
What Dez got caught tanking? Naughty boy Dez.
Melbourne players admitted it did they? You got proof of that or are you talking rubbish. I also clearly remember the MFC being found not guilty, but go ahead and talk some more rubbish.
Yeah Melbourne tanked, but what was funny was Richmond trying to win a game while their opponents were trying to lose.

blaming injuries for the sudden fall is a weak argument only.
Rubbish. Every club and most supporters know you need a good run with injuries to do well.

If Rance missed 10 games, Martin 6, Cotchin 5, etc. you may not be playing finals let alone winning a flag.

It's 'fact' not a weak argument.

What Dez got caught tanking? Naughty boy Dez.
Melbourne players admitted it did they? You got proof of that or are you talking rubbish. I also clearly remember the MFC being found not guilty, but go ahead and talk some more rubbish.
Yeah Melbourne tanked, but what was funny was Richmond trying to win a game while their opponents were trying to lose.

Maybe do some research on google my friend.
Funny how we won and the player we picked is a premiership player and a brownlow medalist and one of thd best that contributed to our flag.

Fair reply
But make sure you correct idiots with agendas who don't take injuries into account

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Although we were cooked, having only 23 players to choose from in the last round tells me Melbourne did not have the worst injury list.

We haven't had the amount of picks your club has had in the first round last decade and blaming injuries for the sudden fall is a weak argument only.Dees talked up so much and proved nothing yet and just hype let's wait and see.
No one outside of the expansion clubs have had the quality of picks the demons have had.

I ******* HATE click bait threads that force you to open the thread to finish the thread titles sentence. You campaigners should get a ban.

The top 4 in 2018 will be......

Greater Western Sydney
Richmond
Melbourne
St Kilda

Top 8:
Crows
Cats
Swans
Port
GWS
Richmond
Melbourne
Essendon

- Can't see crows dropping off the pace.
- Swans shouldn't start poorly 2 years running.
- Cats picking up Ablett will see them won enough home and away games to threaten.
- Ports recruits will see them rise and lose less of the 50/50 games.
- GWS will fall. Haven't seen them show they can cope without Mummy, let alone Wilson and Smith.
- Tigers will be good enough but there are consistency questions.
- Melbourne will improve with their younger players, good enough to make finals.
- Essendon recruited well enough to be in finals again.

Can't see the Saints moving up next season with their retirements. Dogs are good enough to get into the top 8, so long as they don't play anything like 2017. Pies still a season away but they'll improve.

Finals no chances - Blues, Suns, Lions, Freo.

Ahhhhhh you again

Tigers and Dogs both had quality midfields that lead them to flags. The bombers do not have that. It is their greatest weakness by a fair way and they haven’t improved that this off season.

But hey you just prattle on and attempt to get more likes.

Much like your Melbourne are certainties for the 8 talk all year and when I constantly said they wouldnt who that work for you? :)

Love the hate

While I think the bombers are ahead of doggies, I agree with you about their weakness and failure to address that directly with their trading.

Having said that Saad improves the midfield by allowing McGrath to be full time mid and Smith will play midfield too.

Because the following changes are a big if you can't bank on it... but ...

IF Essendon play a fold back game and slingshot game to take advantage of their amazing forwardline and attacking/intercepting abilities in the backline it can be covered. Going into games with 6 genuine match winning forwards means that they can spread the opposition defense and use up to 14 men in the defensive 50. These numbers can be used to turn stoppages into scraps too.

There is the cattle there to cobble a game plan around them that will beat a lot of teams. This is what Richmond and Bulldogs did the previous years.

With Heppell, Merrett, McGrath,Parish and Goddard there is genuine quality there. Smith, Bellchambers and Myers are solid role players. Club is obviously hoping Tippa, Fanta and Stringer to inject some class and dynamism there in bursts. There is also plenty of scope to find more class and depth on Laverde, Langford, Begley and Mutch. So it's not like the cupboard is bare.

My prediction is Adelaide, Geelong, Sydney & Richmond

I think Adelaide v Tigers the previous years grand finalists playing off in a prelim would be gold

Sydney v Geelong playing each other in a 3rd straight finals series could be very interesting

Also Geelong adding Ablett back into that team should make them a VERY good side in 2018. Imagine Ablett & Danger rotating through the middle & forward line!

What ?

Had nothing to do with the list maturing another year and natural progression at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back