Opinion Preferences for trade of Lever (with multiple choice poll)

What would be your preference.

• Jake Stringer swap- this is for you mick500

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

When's the last time Sydney fell? One time outside the top 8 since 2003, mostly in the top 4.

Look at Geelong's finishing positions from 2004 to present.

With the right people, and most importantly right development it's completely possible to defy the trend.

Sydney are pretty special and manage to attract some enormous names over their history dont they????? Unfortunatly we dont have the same appeal for some reason, we couldnt even attract Polec and hes a hack

Or Lever to Melbourne
Hogan to West Coast
JGov to Adelaide

Not in poll, but my preference. Anything involving JGov is preferable short of landing Kelly or Petracca. All unlikely to be fair hence rightly excluded from the poll.
Your correct. The most far out one is the Oliver proposal, one pie in the sky option is enough.
We can however use some of these scenarios to get J Gov.......

Sydney are pretty special and manage to attract some enormous names over their history dont they????? Unfortunatly we dont have the same appeal for some reason, we couldnt even attract Polec and hes a hack

Have done their best work through the draft and valuing discarded/unwanted players correctly. Something we've taken a strong up-tick at of late as well.

We are showing it can be done via astute less flashy trades, excellent drafting and fantastic rookie selections.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty optimistic set of options...

In general would prefer picks over middling players because we have enough of a salary cap crunch already.
We should be aiming for this, even the Melb media think 2 first rounders is appropriate.

I am surprised so many people would like to keep him. Would you be willing to pay 700k to keep him, even if it narrowed our opportunity to bring in another good midfielder?

Pretty optimistic set of options...

In general would prefer picks over middling players because we have enough of a salary cap crunch already.
According to Jake Niall (ok so I am desperate;)) we have indicated we want 2 first for Lever. Fairly inline approach with the poll I would have thought.

Personally I don't think we're in a position where we are utterly desperate for any particular type of player, our list is pretty solid in most areas. If it was me, I would be trying to get 2 first round picks in to solidify our list for the future, even if it means we give up a pick in the second round either this year or next to make it happen.

I'd assume that Keath and Greenwood's new contracts starting next season are primary list contracts so taking into account Thompson retiring and the likely delisting of three players from Gore, Wigg, CEY, Otten and Cheney we'd have to take 3 picks.

If we add a first rounder this year and one next year but give up our second this year in return we could take 2 picks in the first round then the last spot could be reserved for Jackson Edwards.*

*Assuming he is unlikely to be nominated before a pick in the 30s as most rate him as a late second rounder at best which would see us give up our third rounder with a small amount of excess or nothing if he's nominated any later than 40 if we assume our 3rd is pick 53 (The last pick in the 3rd round) and ignoring the possibility that academy and F/S selections earlier in the draft could drag the selection higher up the order as clubs give up 2nd and 3rd round picks to secure higher rated academy and F/S players.

I wouldn't even bother looking at Gibbs as I don't see Carlton being any more reasonable with their demands than they were last year and considering our midfield's growth this year adding to it suddenly seems much less necessary and certainly not worth the price Carlton will demand for a guy who will be 29 next year. I'd be very annoyed if the club essentially gave up Lever for Gibbs when the potential for adding a bunch of early draft talent is there. If Carlton will accept one first round pick then fine but I don't see that happening.

So I thought I would create a poll thread with some realistic types of trades we should be looking for, for 'Jakey" Leaver.
Some of these proposed trades may require us to send our first or second or third rounder this year to get the job done, but I think these are fair and reasonable trades if you take into account the pay Lever is being offered (850k) his age (21), his scope for further improvement and the importance of an attacking 3rd man up defender in todays game.
If you want to pick the trades apart then **** off elsewhere, I am trying to gauge supporters ideas and all the trades I have put forward have been discussed here or in media as possible outcomes for Leavers trade to Victorian club.
You've missed one option for your poll.

- unless a club makes us a very good offer we * him off to the draft and he can spend 2 years wasting away in Brisneyland.

You've missed one option for your poll.

- unless a club makes us a very good offer we **** him off to the draft and he can spend 2 years wasting away in Brisneyland.
I did consider it but the likelyhood is less than 1% you would think. Cant see it going that way.

I think most of us wont lose any sleep when Lever announces he is leaving.. we got our man MITCH. now its all about to see what we get for Lever

Top post.

Losing Danger at the time was losing sleep over as we felt we were never going to get adequately compensated and we were right.

With Lever if we manage to get anything close to his value, I would be stoked. Losing Mitch would have hurt a lot more. Big forwards that can take big marks and kick clutch goals are priceless.

Back