Preview Preliminary Final vs Richmond @ Adelaide Oval 16/10/20

Remove this Banner Ad

He was asked a direct question and answered it. But sure, make out that Hardwick was just laying it out there unpropted.
Dixon is as much a cheap shot merchant as Lynch has ever been, he's no choir boy. That Hawthorn blokes head copped more punishment than anything Lynch has dished out. If Lynch did that, there would have been a royal commission. (that's not a knock, I love him)

Carn. Bullshit mate.

Haha, nup.

The "Port story" you've (the club) been feeding off all year, 150 years. 99.9% home crowd, back in finals. There is a sh*t tonne of expectation mate. Why you trying to transfer it?

We've made 4 prelims in a row. Looking back, win or lose, a tremendous era for the club. There's that natural expectation but I think through the supporters of Port really wanting this, the external pressures make it greater on Port. (not that I expect the players to feel/react, they look focused).

Richmond are getting attention in a negative way because they've had success, it comes with the territory. Just like people got sick of the Hawks. I don't begrudge anyone feeling that way, I have myself.

You could go through the tapes of any club for the year and find a similar amount of sh*t incidents, 90% of which the media don't highlight.

Just enjoy your club and the ride ahead. It's all set up because you nailed a couple of drafts. Getting the 3 guns in the same draft reminds me a lot of the Hawks nailing 04. It can set you up for a long time.

Lynch is a dirty player and you're a flog. Thanks for dropping by.

He was asked a direct question and answered it. But sure, make out that Hardwick was just laying it out there unpropted.
Dixon is as much a cheap shot merchant as Lynch has ever been, he's no choir boy. That Hawthorn blokes head copped more punishment than anything Lynch has dished out. If Lynch did that, there would have been a royal commission. (that's not a knock, I love him)

Carn. Bullshit mate.

Haha, nup.

The "Port story" you've (the club) been feeding off all year, 150 years. 99.9% home crowd, back in finals. There is a sh*t tonne of expectation mate. Why you trying to transfer it?

We've made 4 prelims in a row. Looking back, win or lose, a tremendous era for the club. There's that natural expectation but I think through the supporters of Port really wanting this, the external pressures make it greater on Port. (not that I expect the players to feel/react, they look focused).

Richmond are getting attention in a negative way because they've had success, it comes with the territory. Just like people got sick of the Hawks. I don't begrudge anyone feeling that way, I have myself.

You could go through the tapes of any club for the year and find a similar amount of sh*t incidents, 90% of which the media don't highlight.

Just enjoy your club and the ride ahead. It's all set up because you nailed a couple of drafts. Getting the 3 guns in the same draft reminds me a lot of the Hawks nailing 04. It can set you up for a long time.
Can you show your working for the 99% home crowds?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Carn. Bullshit mate.

Haha, nup.

The weight of expectation is on you blokes because all we’ve heard about is that if you win it will be the greatest win since beds were invented.

All media is saying to beat us they need to be competitive in clearances and get out the back of our press. It’s just they say it in a few sentences and then talk for 20 mins about how good the tigers are.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Cool. So we have no matchwinners... Richmond are meant to be the example of the champion team beating a team of champions.... not us.

Carn. Bullshit mate.

Haha, nup.

Right, wrong, wrong, wrong, why are you trying to transfer it? Wrong, wrong, yes we will enjoy it.

It is amazing the alternate realities “we” can all live in now days thanks to some personal bias and targeted media.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I mean Lynch has been cited 4 times this year plus had a few incidents he got away with, but sure Charlie is a cheap shot merchant.

Carn. Bullshit mate.

Haha, nup.

How many times did “cheap shot” Charlie get reported this year for striking or misconduct? Vs lynch?

I don't know about you guys, but watching tonight's game will not be enjoyable. These types of games are never easy to spectate. I'll be on the edge of my seat meticulously scrutinizing every touch as the energy of the game transfers back and forth.
Dont get me wrong, its bloody enthralling to watch, but I always find the sense of joy in the hindsight moments (and usually after the result is a big W).

Until the game is sealed of course, then the relief overcomes you and the enjoyment begins, but it feels like theres an enormous emotional rollercoaster to come.

Also sending out good luck vibes to my fellow PAFC melburnians - may your masks be relieved and let your neighbours know it's time to throw down

I don't know about you guys, but watching tonight's game will not be enjoyable. These types of games are never easy to spectate. I'll be on the edge of my seat meticulously scrutinizing every touch as the energy of the game transfers back and forth.
Dont get me wrong, its bloody enthralling to watch, but I always find the sense of joy in the hindsight moments (and usually after the result is a big W).

Until the game is sealed of course, then the relief overcomes you and the enjoyment begins, but it feels like theres an enormous emotional rollercoaster to come.

Also sending out good luck vibes to my fellow PAFC melburnians - may your masks be relieved and let your neighbours know it's time to throw down
I don't find any game enjoyable in the moment (unless it's like the Showdown when we have guaranteed the win early on).

It's after the siren etc. that the relief flows :).

I don't find any game enjoyable in the moment (unless it's like the Showdown when we have guaranteed the win early on).

Yeah, hard to trust this team until late in the last quarter. Even the showdown was concerning early after letting through the first 2 goals.

Dixon is as much a cheap shot merchant as Lynch has ever been, he's no choir boy. That Hawthorn blokes head copped more punishment than anything Lynch has dished out. If Lynch
Absolute bullcrap. Dixon is a tough contested beast, but one of the fairest, nicest, and well-liked guys in the comp. He never sits in peoples heads, knees them in their head, gut-punches them from behind, or shoves their faces into the dirt when he thinks no-one is looking!

Lynch is a hell of a talent, but he is faux-tough, and the epitome of a sniper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rupert McCall summed up my feelings in his last 3 stanza's of his poem at the 150th Gala dinner in February.

It doesn't make apologies folks, in craving for success.
To win that game of football, nothing more nothing less.
It is fierce, and its relentless, when the centre bounce takes flight
A comrade on the left of you, a comrade on the right.

When a siren ends that battle, its above and its beyond.
Its a special kind of mateship that becomes a lifelong bond.
And pretty soon you realise its beating in your heart.
And nothing stands between, no it will not be torn apart.

From the start, with Mr Hart, and the charge of Robbie Gray.
For a century and a half, its been the letters P and A.
And it will not rest in idleness, where dreams are kicked and caught.
It will fight the fight forever, it is passion, it is Port.

Last edited:

Carn. Bullshit mate.

Haha, nup.

Vote EJW

Awesome article by Pembarthy in the Adelaide Rag! Some snippets:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/opinion
David Penberthy: All this really stretches the limits as to how much I can bear as a South Australian

Some years ago, my kids came home from primary school and presented me with the following conundrum.

“Hey, Dad. If you were forced to choose one, would you rather eat a chocolate-flavoured poo or a poo-flavoured chocolate?” they asked.
Port Adelaide plays Richmond tomorrow in the preliminary final. The question being put is whether there is a state-based argument for the people of South Australia to unite behind the Power.
similars

Port fans don’t want Crows fans jumping on the bandwagon. This is their party, and we have no right to crash it.

Just ask Channel 7 how their “Go Port” promo went down, which featured a veritable conga-line of known Crows tragics, ranging from Mark Soderstrom to Mike Smithson and even Port’s public enemy number one, sports reporter Theo Doropoulos, who single-handedly had Ollie Wines rubbed out for one match after breaching AFL COVID-19 rules by interviewing the gun midfielder face-to-face on his home veranda earlier this year.

The effect of their stated support for the Pear was not unlike one of those ISIS hostage videos, where the captor is forced, through gritted teeth and pain of death, to pledge allegiance to Islamic State.

And even as someone who grew up disliking and fearing Port in the SANFL, and who has followed the Crows passionately since their wholly valid inception as the state’s first AFL club, I really find myself struggling to dislike this Port team. While I am still philosophically committed to hating Port, it would be a hell of a lot easier to do so if they weren’t so likeable in their current incarnation, led by the laconic Ken Hinkley who has been vindicated by staking everything on a crazy-brave youth strategy.

And blokes like Travis Boak and Justin Westhoff doing all their great work off the field for kids with special needs and speaking up on racism issues. And then genuinely likeable guys like Hamish Hartlett and Ollie, who I’ve got to know a bit through their media work. None of these people are making it easy. The real villains of this scenario, however, are the likes of Trent Cotchin and the genuinely unpleasant Tom Lynch, who seems incapable of making it through a match without kneeling on someone’s throat.

“Aw, yeah, that’s just Lynchy, you know he plays on the edge,” blathers Damien Hardwick, exonerating a form of recidivist cowardice that brings disgrace upon his club.

And, in Victoria, they lap this crap up, the Vic-dominated commentary teams declaring “nah, there’s nothing in that” as opposition players lie facedown on the grass with Lynch sliding across the back of their melons like he’s Kevin Bacon in Footloose.

And when it comes to the Vics, has there ever been a more mentally feeble, more risible, more pathetically insecure spectacle than the idea that grass from the MCG needs to be trucked to the Gabba so that some of this ostensibly sacred turf can still feature on grand final day? On behalf of the non-Victorian states, we should truck up a container of Roundup to deal with this absurdity.
Again, all this really stretches the limits as to how much I can bear as a South Australian.
So here’s the compromise.
Go the Power.
Go the Power tomorrow.
And go Brisbane next week.
Port fans should be happy with that.
After all, they know what happened the last time 55 per cent of SA barracked for Brisbane against them in a grand final.

Richmond fans are shitting themselves, I think you guys have got this. Port crowd will be too much. Challenge Richmond for 4 quarters and you’ll run over them. This Port team matches up well against them. Same with Collingwood. We both play a brand of footy that Richmond doesn’t like, because it’s the exact way that they like to play. Should be a close one but I hope you smash them

Err.... what might otherwise be commonly called self induced stress.

For fellow fanatics like myself I know exactly what you mean and ^ probably applies to 90%+ of those of us who are regular posters.

We feel it too deeply and it's probably why we over react to our team's highs n lows. We might not feel we've contributed if we haven't put our blood pressure thru' the roof.

Fan is just a convenient and softer term for fanatic which is what we are whether we like it or not and hey what's wrong with passion?

It is after all what makes the world go around. Whether it's misguided and or misplaced is for others to judge and if 'they' deem me/us to be beyond counselling

then so be it. We are what we are after all.

Motlop, Ebert, Marshall and Rozee kicked 7 of our 9 goals last game. Also a fit Burton is a massive upgrade on Bonner.
Pity Burton wasn't fit and broke down AGAIN. Kid is fragile as glass and was a massive liability. He was a non contributor and has been all season, we had to sacrifice Ebert to the backline because of his frail body. I'd take Bonner over him any day, at least the kid get through a game.

Pity Burton wasn't fit and broke down AGAIN. Kid is fragile as glass and was a massive liability. He was a non contributor and has been all season, we had to sacrifice Ebert to the backline because of his frail body. I'd take Bonner over him any day, at least the kid get through a game.

Wtf? You make a new account to pot-shot one player? Weak campaigner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back