Preview Preliminary Final vs Richmond @ Adelaide Oval 16/10/20

Remove this Banner Ad

So, like every other media outlet this week then.

Havent seen a single comment on what Richmond has to do to stop us, it’s all about what we have to do to stop them.
Who will stop Dusty? Who will stop Lynch? How will we beat their ‘system’?

Johnas is right, we are the underdog according to them. Which is fine.... as we were in 2014 when they were echoing the same shite....

We have a lot of clever footballers with quick skillsets and when everything clicks we can easily defeat any team...

Whilst listening to my favourite band, I thought I would share these section of lyrics from the song Witch Hunt by RUSH,

The night is black, without a moon
The air is thick and still
The vigilantes gather on
The lonely torchlit hill

Features distorted in the flickering light
Faces are twisted and grotesque
Silent and stern in the sweltering night
The mob moves like demons possessed
Quiet in conscience, calm in their right
Confident their ways are best

The righteous rise
With burning eyes
Of hatred and ill-will
Madmen fed on fear and lies
To beat and burn and kill

They say there are strangers who threaten us
Our immigrants and infidels
They say there is strangeness to danger us
In our theaters and bookstore shelves
That those who know what's best for us
Must rise and save us from ourselves

Quick to judge
Quick to anger
Slow to understand
Ignorance and prejudice
And fear walk hand in hand

Would make a great intro to the game...

I want us to be on the Witch Hunt... FFS BOYS..... NOW IS THE TIME, to *ing close that Premiership window on Richmond's ass, and weld it shut....!!

Johnas is right, we are the underdog according to them. Which is fine.... as we were in 2014 when they were echoing the same sh*te....

We have a lot of clever footballers with quick skillsets and when everything clicks we can easily defeat any team...

Whilst listening to my favourite band, I thought I would share these section of lyrics from the song Witch Hunt by RUSH,

The night is black, without a moon
The air is thick and still
The vigilantes gather on
The lonely torchlit hill

Features distorted in the flickering light
Faces are twisted and grotesque
Silent and stern in the sweltering night
The mob moves like demons possessed
Quiet in conscience, calm in their right
Confident their ways are best

The righteous rise
With burning eyes
Of hatred and ill-will
Madmen fed on fear and lies
To beat and burn and kill

They say there are strangers who threaten us
Our immigrants and infidels
They say there is strangeness to danger us
In our theaters and bookstore shelves
That those who know what's best for us
Must rise and save us from ourselves

Quick to judge
Quick to anger
Slow to understand
Ignorance and prejudice
And fear walk hand in hand

Would make a great intro to the game...

I want us to be on the Witch Hunt... FFS BOYS..... NOW IS THE TIME, to f*n close that Premiership window on Richmond's ass, and weld it shut....!!

Geezus.. quoting Rush on the eve of a prelim. I like your style 😀. The Professor would be impressed.

Not sure if already posted but lol at Hartlett

“(Lynch) obviously gets caught up on the emotions of the game probably a bit more frequently than others do...

I guess others are able to control their instinct and reactions perhaps on their emotions a little bit better than what Tom does...

I think there’s be plenty of people who would like to see his season come to an end...I’ll leave it at that”

Geezus.. quoting Rush on the eve of a prelim. I like your style 😀. The Professor would be impressed.

I always look to RUSH for distraction from the norm, especially on the eve of this monumental PF.... may the Professor rest in Peace... not only will he be impressed, I would be even impressed if we come away with a win....

It was toss up between Marathon or Witch Hunt....

Half he plebs on here wouldn't have a clue...... hence why I like to keep RUSH alive, somehow.....

I always look to RUSH for distraction from the norm, especially on the eve of this monumental PF.... may the Professor rest in Peace... not only will he be impressed, I would be even impressed if we come away with a win....

It was toss up between Marathon or Witch Hunt....

Half he plebs on here wouldn't have a clue...... hence why I like to keep RUSH alive, somehow.....

Bravado

If we burn our wings
Flying too close to the sun
If the moment of glory
Is over before it's begun
If the dream is won
Though everything is lost
We will pay the price
But we will not count the cost
We will pay the price

When the dust has cleared
And victory denied
A summit too lofty
River a little too wide
If we keep our pride
Though paradise is lost
We will pay the price
We will pay the price
But we will not count the cost (oh)

And if the music stops
There's only the sound of the rain
All the hope and glory
All the sacrifice in vain
And if love remains
We will pay the price
We will pay the price

And if love remains
We will pay the price (we will pay the price)
But we will not count the cost (but we will not count the cost)
And if love remains (if love remains)

Though everything is lost (though everything is lost)

And if love remains

Bravado

If we burn our wings
Flying too close to the sun
If the moment of glory
Is over before it's begun
If the dream is won
We will pay the price
We will pay the price

When the dust has cleared
And victory denied
A summit too lofty
River a little too wide
If we keep our pride
Though paradise is lost
We will pay the price
We will pay the price
But we will not count the cost (oh)

And if the music stops
There's only the sound of the rain
All the hope and glory
All the sacrifice in vain
And if love remains
We will pay the price
We will pay the price

And if love remains
And if love remains (if love remains)

Though everything is lost (though everything is lost)

And if love remains

Love that song, and that album when it came out.... when heard the first song, instant air drums came out.....

TUFF ALBUM... DOPE!

Now I have to get WINAMP out, load up RUSH.... down the RUSH rabbit hole I go....

A pity Australia didn't catch on.... real shame!

Love that song, and that album when it came out.... when heard the first song, instant air drums came out.....

TUFF ALBUM... DOPE!

Now I have to get WINAMP out, load up RUSH.... down the RUSH rabbit hole I go....

A pity Australia didn't catch on.... real shame!
Its my daily morning alarm and it never gets old.

Well, there are a couple of omens stacking against us now. ;)
Macca's tipped us with a strong sense of confidence.
Pafc66 is talking like we're sure things.

We've been hit by the Karma bus many times over these past few years. If we win tonight despite the self-jinxing, and manage to avoid the egg running all over our increasingly cocky faces, then it might just be the ultimate sign that we are really good now. I might even be able to start relaxing again and enjoying watch us play, without touching wood every 5 seconds with triply crossed fingers and toes.:)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been game day in Melbourne for a little bit now, but I can now officially say it is GAME FARKEN DAY. So pumped but very very nervous, huge one with the stakes having not been this high for a long time.
I'm with you - I doubt I was more nervous than this the night my son was born.......

The most important change from the last time we played is the tactical adjustment we made to make sure we don't concede over the top like we did last time we met.
The fact teams took advantage of that a couple weeks in a row means we are better structured now. That should hopefully mean that if we keep tight defensively they should have more trouble scoring and we can make more of any periods of domination we have.

They will be much more competitive in clearances too. Probably will be a low scoring pressured affair.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So, like every other media outlet this week then.

Havent seen a single comment on what Richmond has to do to stop us, it’s all about what we have to do to stop them.
Who will stop Dusty? Who will stop Lynch? How will we beat their ‘system’?

All media is saying to beat us they need to be competitive in clearances and get out the back of our press. It’s just they say it in a few sentences and then talk for 20 mins about how good the tigers are.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The fact Hardwick felt the need to say that says it all really. Lynch isn't tough nor hard, his resume this season says it all really.

Dixon is what Hardwick is making Lynch to be, he's intimidating, Lynch should be but his cheap shots null that.

I hope he gets some of his own medicine this week.
He was asked a direct question and answered it. But sure, make out that Hardwick was just laying it out there unpropted.
Dixon is as much a cheap shot merchant as Lynch has ever been, he's no choir boy. That Hawthorn blokes head copped more punishment than anything Lynch has dished out. If Lynch did that, there would have been a royal commission. (that's not a knock, I love him)
They definitely have more to lose than we do.
Carn. Bullshit mate.
Maybe I should re-word it. Given the past 3 years, I think they would be carrying a greater weight of expectation.
Haha, nup.

The "Port story" you've (the club) been feeding off all year, 150 years. 99.9% home crowd, back in finals. There is a s**t tonne of expectation mate. Why you trying to transfer it?

We've made 4 prelims in a row. Looking back, win or lose, a tremendous era for the club. There's that natural expectation but I think through the supporters of Port really wanting this, the external pressures make it greater on Port. (not that I expect the players to feel/react, they look focused).

Richmond are getting attention in a negative way because they've had success, it comes with the territory. Just like people got sick of the Hawks. I don't begrudge anyone feeling that way, I have myself.

You could go through the tapes of any club for the year and find a similar amount of s**t incidents, 90% of which the media don't highlight.

Just enjoy your club and the ride ahead. It's all set up because you nailed a couple of drafts. Getting the 3 guns in the same draft reminds me a lot of the Hawks nailing 04. It can set you up for a long time.

He was asked a direct question and answered it. But sure, make out that Hardwick was just laying it out there unpropted.
Dixon is as much a cheap shot merchant as Lynch has ever been, he's no choir boy. That Hawthorn blokes head copped more punishment than anything Lynch has dished out. If Lynch did that, there would have been a royal commission. (that's not a knock, I love him)

Carn. Bullshit mate.

Haha, nup.

The "Port story" you've (the club) been feeding off all year, 150 years. 99.9% home crowd, back in finals. There is a sh*t tonne of expectation mate. Why you trying to transfer it?

We've made 4 prelims in a row. Looking back, win or lose, a tremendous era for the club. There's that natural expectation but I think through the supporters of Port really wanting this, the external pressures make it greater on Port. (not that I expect the players to feel/react, they look focused).

Richmond are getting attention in a negative way because they've had success, it comes with the territory. Just like people got sick of the Hawks. I don't begrudge anyone feeling that way, I have myself.

You could go through the tapes of any club for the year and find a similar amount of sh*t incidents, 90% of which the media don't highlight.

Just enjoy your club and the ride ahead. It's all set up because you nailed a couple of drafts. Getting the 3 guns in the same draft reminds me a lot of the Hawks nailing 04. It can set you up for a long time.
Yawn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back