B Section Premier B 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any recruiting news GY? Have heard a few handy names thrown around which will complement some returning players but have seen or heard nothing via club communications. They usually keep supporters well informed so not sure if they are just trying to be a little more discrete or the mail is off the mark.

Nothing on the recruiting front, but a few pre-christmas drinks with those in the know over the coming weeks should solve that.

Good signing from De La in former Collingwood and West Coast defender / midfielder Josh Smith.

Was announced by them last night.

Good signing from De La in former Collingwood and West Coast defender / midfielder Josh Smith.

Was announced by them last night.
I think it’s a touch better than a “good signing”. At 26 years old, exceptionally fit and a hardened player straight out of 4 seasons of AFL footy. He will rip Premier B apart. That’s a fantastic signing IMHO.

I think it’s a touch better than a “good signing”. At 26 years old, exceptionally fit and a hardened player straight out of 4 seasons of AFL footy. He will rip Premier B apart. That’s a fantastic signing IMHO.

Yes, I may have underplayed this one but it's a terrific signing for De La.

Forato, Smith and the Williams brothers running through the middle will be a scary sight for most Premier B clubs.

Also, it's good to see non APS, non Premier section clubs recruiting players straight out of the AFL.

Agree HF. Some players are perfectly suited to VAFA footy and he seems like one of those. From all accounts a ripping fella as well.

While I can't confirm this, I am told that he landed at teaching job at DLS last year but when he got re-drafted to WC it was put on hold. Seems that the College was happy to re-employ him which is an absolute bonus for the footy club.

Had no idea this was even on the boil but landing a quality player like this certainly complements what I believe is a stack of returning players and recruits from other metro comps.

Agree HF. Some players are perfectly suited to VAFA footy and he seems like one of those. From all accounts a ripping fella as well.

While I can't confirm this, I am told that he landed at teaching job at DLS last year but when he got re-drafted to WC it was put on hold. Seems that the College was happy to re-employ him which is an absolute bonus for the footy club.

Had no idea this was even on the boil but landing a quality player like this certainly complements what I believe is a stack of returning players and recruits from other metro comps.

The Facebook post suggests he has been employed as a teacher’s aide by the college.

As a Pies fan I always remember him trying his guts out every single week and seems like a very well rounded human.

Not being a smartarse , but the returning ones might see an option of a flag , which is a much harder proposition in the Premier A EPL.

Not being a smartarse , but the returning ones might see an option of a flag , which is a much harder proposition in the Premier A EPL.
I think you are absolutely correct Bedford. There will be some good sides in Premier B this year and understand that Blacks are really loading up for a tilt, but genuinely think we are well placed to give it a shake.

I understand that the primary motivation is to finish up where they started but the lure of a bit more success in a slightly lesser competition would probably assist with the decision making.

Having said all that, I am only going on what I have been told so comments in regard to returning players is very much unconfirmed.

Recall Wally saying during a podcast this year to expect the Bellers to be very active during the off season. Tick!

h23067Q.jpg

Looks like I was on the money with my mail on Madigan and McKenzie (I did have him playing though) so 2/3 aint bad.

The addition of Josh Smith would have to be the best signing in amateur football in a long time, I'm amazed that he's not on an AFL list (even as a rookie). If he puts a decent season together, which I believe he most certainly will I could see him back in AFL circles next season.

The boys from Dairy Bell have certainly set the recruiting bar high and we have barely started pre-season!

Does anyone have any other news on how the other clubs are travelling or will go in Premier B in season 2020?

Looks like I was on the money with my mail on Madigan and McKenzie (I did have him playing though) so 2/3 aint bad.

The addition of Josh Smith would have to be the best signing in amateur football in a long time, I'm amazed that he's not on an AFL list (even as a rookie). If he puts a decent season together, which I believe he most certainly will I could see him back in AFL circles next season.

The boys from Dairy Bell have certainly set the recruiting bar high and we have barely started pre-season!

Does anyone have any other news on how the other clubs are travelling or will go in Premier B in season 2020?
Nice work God Yeah. While not in the inner sanctum, I had no idea Smith was on the radar so they sure managed to keep that one on the quiet. Looks set to tear the comp apart I reckon. My (3rd hand) mail on McKenzie is he very much intends to play but needs a medical clearance. If he can’t get that then he will be involved in coaching. I guess time will tell.

Any other B grade club news? Blacks have obviously added Matt Dea and some others. Maybe firming into early favouritism? Hearing St Bedes may have lost a few but all unconfirmed. Seasides updates on Willy CYs are appreciated but not much other club news.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The addition of Josh Smith would have to be the best signing in amateur football in a long time, I'm amazed that he's not on an AFL list (even as a rookie).
You are kidding surely? He’s a nobody in terms of other players in the VAFA, but a nice get nonetheless for a rebuilding De La.

Charlie
Nice work God Yeah. While not in the inner sanctum, I had no idea Smith was on the radar so they sure managed to keep that one on the quiet. Looks set to tear the comp apart I reckon. My (3rd hand) mail on McKenzie is he very much intends to play but needs a medical clearance. If he can’t get that then he will be involved in coaching. I guess time will tell.

Any other B grade club news? Blacks have obviously added Matt Dea and some others. Maybe firming into early favouritism? Hearing St Bedes may have lost a few but all unconfirmed. Seasides updates on Willy CYs are appreciated but not much other club news.

Is Charlie Richardson still playing for UB's in 2020?? Im thinking he may have retired...

You are kidding surely? He’s a nobody in terms of other players in the VAFA, but a nice get nonetheless for a rebuilding De La.
You're the one who is kidding here mate. I think you don't rate him because he is not joining the foreign legion at THK.

You're the one who is kidding here mate. I think you don't rate him because he is not joining the foreign legion at THK.
David Armitage only played 137 more games than him, Jay Kennedy Harris played more games, Schoenmakers 85 more including a premiership, need I go on?
Edit: Also forgot about a bloke named Jarrad Waite, another one named Matt Thomas and another named Robert Harvey.

Last edited:
David Armitage only played 137 more games than him, Jay Kennedy Harris played more games, Schoenmakers 85 more including a premiership, need I go on?
Edit: Also forgot about a bloke named Jarrad Waite, another one named Matt Thomas and another named Robert Harvey.
Maybe he meant to say "the best signing in amateur football in a long time who is actually playing as an amateur" :D:oops:;)

Not sure he is a nobody!!! How many next to your name?

Apologies Mr Hat, Mr Hair, Brian,

I may have been looking through the De La lens when I made that post, but I was referring more to the fact in his last AFL game he had 34 touches and is still in the prime of his football career (age, fitness, lack of injuries). Those other names you mentioned, while former champions it could be argued that their best may be behind them when they arrived in the VAFA.

Anyway, besides the posts I have already made, my powder will be kept dry till his performances on the field speak for themselves.

Best of luck to your team of choice and may they lift silverware in 2020

Apologies Mr Hat, Mr Hair, Brian,

I may have been looking through the De La lens when I made that post, but I was referring more to the fact in his last AFL game he had 34 touches and is still in the prime of his football career (age, fitness, lack of injuries). Those other names you mentioned, while former champions it could be argued that their best may be behind them when they arrived in the VAFA.

Anyway, besides the posts I have already made, my powder will be kept dry till his performances on the field speak for themselves.

Best of luck to your team of choice and may they lift silverware in 2020

Not sure why Briza is so anti him. So what he’s not a SKOBAFL. No need to be so surly. What’s with the the hat hair thing? What’s the link to you with that?
Cheers Hipp.

Not sure why Briza is so anti him. So what he’s not a SKOBAFL. No need to be so surly. What’s with the the hat hair thing? What’s the link to you with that?
Cheers Hipp.
You really are hard marker Hipp. It can't be easy continually coming up with creative usernames. FWIW I'm thinking this one is out of deference to one of his all time heroes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back