Training Preseason Chat - It's happening again ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the Demonland updates mate. I will point out though, that site is a train smash of negativity and shitness.
I think it's okay if you're selective. I sometimes go there to lurk to see if anyone has posted a training update - and they're usually easy to find. I used to go there sometimes in the hope of early intelligence over stuff like the Hogan trade. Don't know what to make of it exactly. There are some very personal s**t fights ongoing in some of their threads. Whoever did the cartoon art for them in the banner is very talented though.

Genuinely excited for what Fritsch might bring to the table this year if the rest of the squad improves. Could be very exciting

Genuinely excited for what Fritsch might bring to the table this year if the rest of the squad improves. Could be very exciting
I'm going to go super early Topkent style and (injuries permitting) mark him out for a top 5 finish. I just think he is a super able footballer. I'm glad we took him because I understand WC were also very keen.

Well that sucks. He might be another one of those Daniel Menzel/ Alex Johnston types with recurring ACL's. Poor kid :(

This may mean that we now have 2 open spots. One for Bennell and another one for ??? in MSD, once again as replacement for Freddy.

Forgive my ignorance, but we now have the 1 list spot we left open (earmarked for Bennell) and one other, which we cannot use until MSD? Or can we use it earlier?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forgive my ignorance, but we now have the 1 list spot we left open (earmarked for Bennell) and one other, which we cannot use until MSD? Or can we use it earlier?

Well remember when Freddy Ruptured his ACL the first time in Feb, we still had a spot open during the SPP of this year but nobody was jumping out at us for us to use it until the MSD? Unless somebody really appeals to us between now and the end of SPP which is i believe is in March and wants to play for us, then we may opt to keep that spot open once again for the next-years MSD.

In summation:
If somebody appeals to us between now and March we use it then.
Else
To the MSD we go with a spot open and use it then

Hopefully that helps

Also hopefully Freddy Recovers from his second ACL and plays footy

Well remember when Freddy Ruptured his ACL the first time in Feb, we still had a spot open during the SPP of this year but nobody was jumping out at us for us to use it until the MSD? Unless somebody really appeals to us between now and the end of SPP which is i believe is in March and wants to play for us, then we may opt to keep that spot open once again for the next-years MSD.

In summation:
If somebody appeals to us between now and March we use it then.
Else
To the MSD we go with a spot open and use it then

Hopefully that helps

Also hopefully Freddy Recovers from his second ACL and plays footy

Why Freddy? Is that a thing or did you just make it up?

Why Freddy? Is that a thing or did you just make it up?

Friedrich Nietzsche a German philosopher who influenced the likes of Sigmund Freud and Jean-Paul Sartre amongst others. Ergo Freddy for short. Cause their surnames sound similar.

Running a bit late today apologies peeps. Training Wednesday 18th with thanks to the original poster.
Bit missing on Jackson comments, should read, reports of Jackson's kicking deficiencies seem off the mark as he was kicking off both sides of his body well.

Attachments

• Wed 18.PNG
    Wed 18.PNG
    114.5 KB · Views: 178
  • wed 18 b.PNG
    wed 18 b.PNG
    33.4 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Another track watchers thoughts and an old photo of this 6ft 8 inch academy player.
And that missing bit on Jackson [again] is that he leaned inside the pack of those attempting to mark the ball, tapped it over his head, regathered before it hit the ground and strolled into an open goal whilst the pack members where sprawled on the ground.

Attachments

• Wed 18 3.PNG
    Wed 18 3.PNG
    109.8 KB · Views: 179
  • Wed 18 4.PNG
    Wed 18 4.PNG
    43.5 KB · Views: 191
  • Deakins.PNG
    Deakins.PNG
    763.8 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Hey boys, how is Bennell tracking along? Fella is far too talented not to be in the AFL.
Pretty well evidently. Could be joining in main group after Christmas on limited duties. He is staying in Melbourne over Christmas break to continue his rehab. Love for him to make it back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back