C: Jase Burgoyne | Jason Horne-Francis | Miles Bergman
R: Ivan Soldo | Zak Butters | Connor Rozee
HF: Darcy Byrne-Jones | Todd Marshall | Sam Powell-Pepper
FF: Willie Rioli | Charlie Dixon | Mitch Georgiades
I: Willem Drew | Ollie Wines | Lachie Jones | Travis Boak
S: Josh Sinn

In: Boak, Sinn
Out: McEntee, Mead

If Boak doesn’t get up Mead gets his spot.

My 23 for this week

FB: Ryan Burton | Brandon Zerk-Thatcher | Esava Ratagolea
HB: Dan Houston | Aliir Aliir | Kane Farrell
C: Jase Burgoyne | Jason Horne-Francis | Miles Bergman
R: Ivan Soldo | Zak Butters | Connor Rozee
HF: Darcy Byrne-Jones | Todd Marshall | Sam Powell-Pepper
FF: Willie Rioli | Charlie Dixon | Mitch Georgiades
I: Willem Drew | Ollie Wines | Lachie Jones | Travis Boak
S: Josh Sinn

In: Boak, Sinn
Out: McEntee, Mead

If Boak doesn’t get up Mead gets his spot.
I do like that 23.

I don’t think Boak completed training yesterday, so I suspect he is unlikely to get a selected. Not sure who will replace him as a selection option, as I think leaving Mead in is one too many mids (even though Mead hasn’t done much wrong)

I do like the combination of wings and half backs though, and Sinn is a quick, gut runner, so would be a better sub than Mead.

As much as I think McEntee needs to be dropped, a natural small forward is probably needed for the rotation, but I’m not sure who that will be. Unless they select 2 rucks…

One thing is for sure, with Narkle now out injured, the Magpies will have a midfield full of top up players. It’s not going to be pretty. Luckily they play on Sunday, so the travelling emergencies can get home in time.

I'm sketching hard about BZTs shoulder. Break glass emergency and bring the Swiss army knife t mac in

I can't imagine Dixon being left out. Not with Lord and Finlayson out. They'll try and get Dixon through the next 2 weeks till Jez is back.

At least with BZT we lose nothing bringing McKenzie in.

Re-Sinn, I hope they dont pick him as sub. Kid just needs to keep racking up full games. Don't interrupt his flow. Week after week, let him rack up full games. His form is improving with those games and soon when injury strikes he will undoubtedly get a chance.

In the Hinkley era we have a great record in defeating the reigning premier, but the ovewhelming majority of the games have been at AO and 2013 v Sydney at Footy Park.

2015 is the only time we have played the reigning premier twice, the Hawks and won both games.

Record is 10-2
Home 7-2
Away 3-0

The away wins were against;

2015 Rd 21 Hawks at Docklands, but it was a meaningless win aa we couldnt make finals.

2017 Rd 22 Bulldogs at Ballarat. Good win, but Bulldogs season was over.

2019 Rd 5 West Coast at Perth Stadium. A great 7 goal win on Good Friday with lots of dirty ball entries into our forward 50.

I dont think history is much advantage this time. Just cant see us beating Collingwood, at MCG, with or without a banged up Dixon.

I can't imagine Dixon being left out. Not with Lord and Finlayson out. They'll try and get Dixon through the next 2 weeks till Jez is back.

Re-Sinn, I hope they dont pick him as sub. Kid just needs to keep racking up full games. Don't interrupt his flow. Week after week, let him rack up full games. His form is improving with those games and soon when injury strikes he will undoubtedly get a chance.
Lose nothing bringing McKenzie in for BZT? Huh? BZT is twice the player McKenzie is now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boak & Dixon did not train where Charlie has not trained all week; + a bit of flu about.
Save Boakie back by not flying.

Hopefully we go in with two rucks with big Ivan changing from F/F.
Be interesting if the Boot is an emgency for BZT shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back