Preview Preview- Rd 13- West Coast Vs Richmond, Sunday June 13th 7:20pm AEST, Optus Stadium, Perth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a very bad feeling we're going in too short and WC forwards will tear us up. With Shedda prob out and Prestia out, plus playing makeshift rucks against nicnat - our midfield is going to struggle to prevent clean entries - if Shed is fit and playing it could be different.

Makes sense that he'd be scouring the WAFL for players that resemble ruckmen.

AFL+Rd+2+Carlton+v+Gold+Coast+LBTh8IFTvqTx.jpg
YFB, YFB, you ate all the pies !

I have a very bad feeling we're going in too short and WC forwards will tear us up. With Shedda prob out and Prestia out, plus playing makeshift rucks against nicnat - our midfield is going to struggle to prevent clean entries - if Shed is fit and playing it could be different.

Those coming in bit underdone .I think our pace and spread can get eagles.Balta on Kennedy , Grimes on Darling , Broad takes Allen.The matchup I have concern with is Ryan.

Last edited:
Does everyone that thinks we’re too short realise we played West Coast the last 2 time with only Astbury/Balta and Grimes.

They also didnt have oscar allen playing and the last game kennedy got concussed very early

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They also didnt have oscar allen playing and the last game kennedy got concussed very early
Oscar Allen played against us in 19, last year it was that Williams kid that plays forward/2nd ruck role.

Grimes also did his hammy early in that game last year.

Oscar Allen played against us in 19, last year it was that Williams kid that plays forward/2nd ruck role.

Grimes also did his hammy early in that game last year.

Good point, forgot grimes pinged the hammy

The Afl would surely lose a shitload of money hosting the Gf in perf over the 'G
The Afl would surely lose a shitload of money hosting the Gf in perf over the 'G

you would think so, but reality is probably not. First, the AFL has always valued the long term growth over the short term profit - its why GWS & Suns exist. Short term, they are the worst economical decision you could ever have - but, the AFL is convinced longterm value is there based on the growth.

Second, the Gabba GF showed them that playing it elsewhere bumps up there ratings, Australia wide. This was seen to be in part due to it being a "night grand final", but the other factor is more people in QLD tuned in to watch the game. They know Mlebourne will watch wherever it is - the challenge has always been "everywhere else".

Third, the AFL would literally wet their pants about a WA GF. Reasons why - the stadium over there is literally spectacular, it is a really really great stadium for a big TV sporting event. It is MADE for a nightime GF & it would give them the perfect excuse to go back down that road, choosing a "dusk" GF. Reason being, the 2 hour time difference. Playing it at the usual 2.30pm would put it on at an awkward 4:30 in Vic. By playing it at "Dusk", they game will play at prime time across the country. It will be dark enough for the half time and after game entertainment to be at night ,, so they can get away with some flashy light shows and fire works to make it look fancy. But mainly, a WA grand final guarantee's another year where they can put the game on at night in Victoria, so they can build towards their grooming of the AFL public that it "just makes sense"

My opinion is the AFL would love nothing more than the GF be a rotating national event - they see the long term value in the game sharing the GF around and it not just being a "footy homeland" event. I really do think they would do anything they can to change that MCG contract, or at least settle on the game being played at night more often so it got prime time viewing status, nationwide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back