Universal Love Princes Park - 10th Feb 2019 Update - $15M Fed Govt Grant - Post #1709

bigm386

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
Who cares, liberal , labor, nationals , pokies. ect ect. As long as it it improves our club i do not give a fat rats arse!!
It's not so much what party. For me it's what it represents and call me dramatic but it's the difference between me wanting to remain a member or not.

I am not comfortable supporting a club financially that has a political agenda.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

passmark

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
He can praise whomever he needs to if it is good for our club
It's an empty promise that delivers nothing AND likely puts us offside with the (likely) incoming Labor federal govt. So it has far more potential to be bad for the club.

It's short sighted party political bullshit and the sort of thing that even amateur clubs have a policy for. It doesn't surprise me that MLG hasn't.

AceAndy

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Newcastle United, Dragons FFC
It's not so much what party. For me it's what it represents and call me dramatic but it's the difference between me wanting to remain a member or not.

I am not comfortable supporting a club financially that has a political agenda.
I think you are being overly dramatic here.

bigm386

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
Christ people, its a funding announcement by the Coalition Government, of course hes going to praise them. People reading way too much into the email.
Can you send me a copy of the grateful personalised pre election gratitude sent to the Labor party? I missed that one.

The_Wookie

Queenslander
AFL Club
Carlton
Moderator #1,734
Can you send me a copy of the grateful personalised pre election gratitude sent to the Labor party? I missed that one.
Didnt have to, we personally named Daniel Andrews himself like a billion times. It was always - including this email - the Daniel Andrews State Government. I would like to know the difference between currying favour with the Liberal National Government as a group and personally catering to Daniel Andrews ego.

Where were you all when Elliot was president, not just of Carlton, but of the Federal Liberal party.

bigm386

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
Didnt have to, we personally named Daniel Andrews himself like a billion times. It was always - including this email - the Daniel Andrews State Government. I would like to know the difference between currying favour with the Liberal National Government as a group and personally catering to Daniel Andrews ego.

Where were you all when Elliot was president, not just of Carlton, but of the Federal Liberal party.

Wow... If Elliot is the benchmark president we are using may as well hand the keys back to the AFL.

Jimmae

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tennessee Titans, Tottenham Hotspur
Christ people, its a funding announcement by the Coalition Government, of course hes going to praise them. People reading way too much into the email.
While I agree that suggestion this will put the ALP offside is ludicrous, the exact wording was a bit poor.

Hopefully the ALP are goaded into at least matching that funding promise (though I've no idea if it's a promise or already signed off on).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

drunkill

All Australian
AFL Club
Carlton
Thanks for the LNP campaign material MLG... but yeah, this is just an ad. It isn't a grant like the Brisbane Lions got two weeks ago to fund their Springfield aflw base, this is dependent on them being re-elected which is unlikely.
Its straight up pork barrelling during an election campaign. A funding commitment or guarantee would be giving the money now.

While I agree that suggestion this will put the ALP offside is ludicrous, the exact wording was a bit poor.

Hopefully the ALP are goaded into at least matching that funding promise (though I've no idea if it's a promise or already signed off on).
The state labor funding is contingent on it being a 50/50 co-funding split with the federal government, so a federal labor government would be matching the 20m, not the 15m by the libs.

passmark

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Clip the political stuff....How much cash have we got and what we we going to do with it?

That's what I care to know.
That's kinda the point, Harks.

There is no cash, just using the club as a political instrument to get votes for the LNP in Vic.

It's to save a seat, there are no funds. And MLG spruiks it like a victory. The guy is a potato.

HARKER

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Carlton
That's kinda the point, Harks.
There is no cash, just using the club as a political instrument to get votes for the LNP in Vic.
It's to save a seat, there are no funds. And MLG spruiks it like a victory. The guy is a potato.
Seats. Politics. Way over my care and head.
How much cash have we got? :) 35 mil?

drunkill

All Australian
AFL Club
Carlton
Clip the political stuff....How much cash have we got and what we we going to do with it?

That's what I care to know.
40m if labor win the election.

35m if the liberals win.

We're building new training facilities underneath a new grandstand replacing the pratt/hawthorn stand. No increase of capacity, actually a reduction in capacity due to standing room being removed.

HARKER

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Carlton
40m if labor win the election.

35m if the liberals win.

We're building new training facilities underneath a new grandstand replacing the pratt/hawthorn stand. No increase of capacity, actually a reduction in capacity due to standing room being removed.
Marijuana party still afloat? They'd give us 200 mil after a few pipes.

Isn't Stig the leader?

Top Bottom